Valentine 1 or Blinder M25

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 01:30 PM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Valentine 1 or Blinder M25

I been debating heavily between which one to buy. The valentine 1 is a laser detector and the blinder is a laser jammer. All the BMW and MB guys say that the blinder is best thing out there. They both have similar features here is more info on the blinder. http://www.blinder.net/blinder_x-treme.htm
Which one should i get.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I have the Valentine 1, it's an excellent radar detector (having had many in the past 40 years) BUT don't depend on it for laser detection. No radar detector will give you enough warning, but the time it goes off you're toast. The Laser has a very narrow beam usually aimed at your license plate, the only time mine goes off is when an Infiniti goes by (with laser cruise control). I'm not sure of the legality of the blinders, but that's up to you.

Dave
Old 12-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
V1 = legal

Blinder = Jammer = Illegal

Your choice, the bmw/benz owners don't mind paying for the tickets, do you?

PS My last SUV was the FX, ma gawd, my V1 would never shut up, so I got rid of the FX, lol
Old 12-03-2008, 03:57 PM
1st TL-S on air in

well either way they both will prevent speeding tickets. I think i am leaning more towards the blinder since its about $100 cheaper.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I have a V1 and Whenever a dam Infiniti passes by on the opposite side or behind me, I swear my heart skips a beat and is in my throat!! Dam their laser cruise control!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proud owner of the Blinder system. Stats in the last 3 years since getting the Blinder, 2 tickets on 2 "Estimated" speeding violations 1 of which was correct the other was incorrect . 8 times hit by radar 7 times I was above the legal limit. All were speed traps. Out of those 7 times that I was speeding I was stopped once for altered exhaust, unfortunately my exhaust was stock so cop let me go with a good night and drive safe.

The blinder is illegal BUT authorities are unfamiliar with such system and the "jammer heads" which cause the jamming are so small even after telling my friends I had a jammer set up in front of my car only 1 person could tell where they were after about 10-15 seconds of searching for them.

I would still recommend running some kind of mediocre radar detector along with the Blinder just for the sake of knowing if a cop is around with a radar constantly on. Take a crack at finding my jammer heads.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ bottom right? just above the lower lip on the right side; left of the right headlight unit? lol
Old 12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
1st TL-S on air in

well here in Hawaii we only use laser so there will be no need for the radar detection. So Newera09 are you happy and satisfied user of the blinder. I think the blinder is the perfect thing for us in Hawaii since they only use laser here.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:30 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erick3
^ bottom right? just above the lower lip on the right side; left of the right headlight unit? lol
50%, I have one on each side of the license plate.

Am i satisfied ? yes I am man. Once I saw how well it worked I drove with a lil more piece of mind whenever I saw a nice stretch of road and wanted to push my car above the limit. If you get a chance do a search for it on youtube and see how well it works
Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The blinder is NOT illegal.

RADAR jammers are illegal - LASER jammers are not.

I have both the V1 and the M25's on my Type S.

So far I've only been running the blinders for about 3 months - I had one potential save, although I wasn't going that fast at the time so I can't tell whether it was the blinders or whether or not the cop just didn't want to bother.

The V1 is a constant lifesaver here in NY, no cops in winter are running laser unless it's a warm day since it requires a clear line of sight (open window/out of the car).

The M25 heads are almost invisible when installed , definately not enough to be noticed by a cop.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:30 PM
1st TL-S on air in

Nice. So do you need to turn off the blinder as you are nearing or do you just let it run constantly to avoid suspicion. Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrxyboy
Nice. So do you need to turn off the blinder as you are nearing or do you just let it run constantly to avoid suspicion. Thanks
I have the blinder and V1 both wired to the power window lockout fuse. This way as soon as I slow down I can push the big power window button to turn them both off. You want a cop to get a lock of you doing a legal speed. If you jam him completely he might get suspicious, but if his gun takes a few seconds to work and then gets a legal speed, you'll be OK.

The reason for disabling the radar detector is because I often drive through VA and since detectors are illegal there, I want to make sure that as soon as I detect a cop I can kill my detector. Some VA police are equipped with Spectre radar-detector-detectors they can bust you with.

Also keep in mind that depending on your setup (black paint helps) you may want to look into passive countermeasures like Veil anti-laser coating on your headlights, or a front plate cover if HI requires front plates. The blinders help - but it's still possible for them to get a lock on you if you have a big shiny front plate or other reflective areas (like headlamp projectors)
Old 05-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon
I have the blinder and V1 both wired to the power window lockout fuse. This way as soon as I slow down I can push the big power window button to turn them both off. You want a cop to get a lock of you doing a legal speed. If you jam him completely he might get suspicious, but if his gun takes a few seconds to work and then gets a legal speed, you'll be OK.

The reason for disabling the radar detector is because I often drive through VA and since detectors are illegal there, I want to make sure that as soon as I detect a cop I can kill my detector. Some VA police are equipped with Spectre radar-detector-detectors they can bust you with.

Also keep in mind that depending on your setup (black paint helps) you may want to look into passive countermeasures like Veil anti-laser coating on your headlights, or a front plate cover if HI requires front plates. The blinders help - but it's still possible for them to get a lock on you if you have a big shiny front plate or other reflective areas (like headlamp projectors)

They sure are!!! I hate the those dag on radar-detector-detectors!! I used to have two radar detectors as one of them was a concealed unit that did not come out of the car and had the sensor mounted behind the grill and therefore provided earlier warnings. The problem with that detector was that it did not pick up the Ka superwide band. Anyway, I went to college in VA and would usually have my concealed radar detector on while driving. I got stopped on Highway 58 by an officer who said he had the radar detector detector and he suspected I had a radar detector. The problem with my concealed unit was there was no way to remove it so if I lied and he searched my car he would have found it. The ticket was $105 I believe. A second time on Interstate 85 I got stopped by a state trooper who said he detected I had a radar detector. This time I put the dash mounted unit in the trunk and I happened to have had stuff piled on top of it. So I showed him that unit and he touched it and realized it was cold and had not be used so I didn't get a ticket for the detector but the officer decided to be a jerk and measured my tint which was nowhere near the 50% transmission requirement of VA and I got a ticket for that. I was able to get out of that ticket but only because the law only applied to cars made after a certain year. My car never had VA plates but yet they still tried to hold me to VA standards....