V710 dropped incoming calls

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:08 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V710 dropped incoming calls

I bought my 05 TL in July and got the Moto V710 from Verizon the next day. I didn't care about the camera. I have a Canon 20 D for that. I didn't care about the inaccessible features either because all I wanted was a phone that would pair with the HFL and do what I wanted it to. But it didn't even do that! I have been so frustrated with how the V710 would not connect incoming calls and never found anything on this site about the problem. The folks at Verizon were no help. The folks at HFL were no help until yesterday, exactly six months after I got the car. And what an easy fix it was! By simply changing the notification mode from "voice prompt" to "ring tone" the HFL now delivers incoming calls flawlessly! Just thought somebody else out there might like to know how to solve this problem.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:33 PM
9th Gear

Thank you! Because I was having the same problem and I changed it back to ring tone and whaa-laaa....

Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:16 AM
6th Gear

I just knew how dang frustratred I was and how stoked I was when I finally had a solution! Glad it helped you, too!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:50 AM
2005 TL Owner

Is that setting in the HFL or the phone?

History:
I got the car and phone in 12/04 and the previous firmware worked fine on connections but did not display the battery meter on the MID. I upgraded the firmware in early 05 and that fixed the MID issues but it also caused the incoming disconnect.

There was a thread about how it is really not a disconnect and you you can press a kung-fu trick button sequence to get it to reconnect.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:48 PM
6th Gear

You change the incoming call notification in "phone set up" on the HFL. It asks you for "voice prompt" or "ring tone." Choose ring tone. On your phone you want to be sure under car settings that both the auto answer and the auto hands free are turned to off. At least that's what the folks at the HFL 800 number told me.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:46 AM
9th Gear

I know you what you mean by kick-fu trick button, because one time I was pushing buttons and the call was connected again. My phone would always stay connected, just the HFL would disconnect.... but I am not sure what I pushed to make it happen. Sorry!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:56 PM
4th Gear

Thank you, thankyou, thank you

this was absolutely bumming me out. Of course the jackasses as Verizon don't know (and don't care), and Acura was quick to point the finger at VZW.

Although I still prefer the voice over the ring tone, this did the trick!

Thanks again,

Jim F.
Collegeville, PA
'05 TL Antracite/Black Ebony
Old 01-28-2006, 04:10 PM
6th Gear

I'm with you, Jim, I really liked Bruce (I call him "Bruce in the Box" because anybody who's gonna talk to me that much needs a name) announcing I had an incoming call, but now at least I GET the incoming call and that trumps the voice prompt, don't ya think?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:11 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by radioladio
I bought my 05 TL in July and got the Moto V710 from Verizon the next day. I didn't care about the camera. I have a Canon 20 D for that. I didn't care about the inaccessible features either because all I wanted was a phone that would pair with the HFL and do what I wanted it to. But it didn't even do that! I have been so frustrated with how the V710 would not connect incoming calls and never found anything on this site about the problem. The folks at Verizon were no help. The folks at HFL were no help until yesterday, exactly six months after I got the car. And what an easy fix it was! By simply changing the notification mode from "voice prompt" to "ring tone" the HFL now delivers incoming calls flawlessly! Just thought somebody else out there might like to know how to solve this problem.
I HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY V710, LOTS OF THEM. IN FACT, AFTER THE SECOND TIME I BROUGHT IT TO VERIZON, I ENDED UP GETTING A REPLACEMENT PHONE, THE MOTOROLA E815, WHICH WORKS FLAWLESSLY WITH MY 05 TL!
Old 01-29-2006, 09:47 PM
4th Gear

I was having the same problem with the v710. Interestingly, my experience was that the phone only dropped calls when it is also charging with the car charger. It does not seem to drop calls when it is not connected. It may just be a coincidence, but it has worked so far (for this reason, I charge my phone every night so I don't have to plug it into the car).

What is the kung-fu trick?

What is the firm ware update? phone or car?

I'll try either and/or both
Old 01-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
IIRC there was an issue reported here on the forum some time ago whereby the HFL does not recognize all of the ring tones on the v710. When I paired mine to my TL (August 2004), I took one of my cordless phones down to the garage with me and made repeated calls to my cell phone until the TL's HFL rang. Then I left it that way. Worked pretty well.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:45 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by radioladio
I'm with you, Jim, I really liked Bruce (I call him "Bruce in the Box" because anybody who's gonna talk to me that much needs a name) announcing I had an incoming call, but now at least I GET the incoming call and that trumps the voice prompt, don't ya think?
"Bruce in the box" - thats funny you have a guy voice! you must be a girl. I suspect that the girl's have the male voice and the dudes have the female voice.

guess we all have to get used to the ring tone now.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by sidewinder
"Bruce in the box" - thats funny you have a guy voice! you must be a girl. I suspect that the girl's have the male voice and the dudes have the female voice.
I'm male and I have the female voice for both the HFL and the Navi, especially the Navi, under the theory that if your car is going to start telling you where you should turn, it's like a backseat driver and therefore must be a female voice
Old 02-03-2006, 08:59 AM
6th Gear

Oh, yeah, the first thing I was told regarding radio spots when I went radio was that "women don't like to be told what to do by other women, " so the first thing I asked the sales guy to do when he was giving me the orientation on my TL was to change the female voice to a male voice. So it's Bruce for me. I figure the female voice belongs to Bridgette. I guess that radio prodcution director was right all those years ago. It would be interesting to do a poll to see if "the girls have the guy voice, and guys have the girl voice" theory holds any water.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:38 AM
Instructor

I had many issues with the HFL... it worked great once I chose some gay ringer that the HFL recognized. Thanks to the forums for help with the ring tone issue.

After 6 months of excellent HFL, it just quit. No more incoming calls, lots of dropped calls, and trouble linking up. Turns out the HFL module went bad, and also the power seat controller...and a mystery issue where my windows go down all by themselves with the car off! And it happened while at the dealer so they know i'm not making it up. HFL link is good now, but no one knows whatrs up with the windows...

And i have the female voice, cause the man's voice freaks me out a little

Mark