V600 - Outgoing works, but incoming screws up?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V600 - Outgoing works, but incoming screws up?!

I know there are some problems with the V600, but I didn't know if this was it. It pairs up great and I can make calls with no problems. But when I get an incoming call, it tells me there is a call and when I hit the HFL button, nothing happens. No one is there. I get my phone out and the timer is going on the phone and when I flip it open, I can talk to them and they have been waiting for me. It worked one time, when I knew a call was coming and I hit the HFL button the minute it said I had an incoming call. I just ordered a USB cable so I will upgrade the firmware sometime next week. Is there anything I else I could change? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
-Brandon
Old 08-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Racer

This happens w/ my Sony Ericsson T608 all the time.. i try to pickup the call, but it doesn't "link up" with the HFL and i have to talk through the phone.. works some of the time though, I dont' know, it's pretty random.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:35 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got a V-600 from ATT, it's 2 weeks old and it works perfectly with my TL. I don't get battery strength, but everything else works fine. The latest firmware solves the problem you mentioned, so take your phone back to the store and have them upgrade the software and it should accept calls and pair perfectly with the TL.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Did Your AT&T store do the upgrade for you. Here in NY they say that you will need to wait for the end of the month to get a V600 with upgraded software/firmware.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Team Anthracite member

I tried to upgrade to the V600 but had the same problems as everyone else. Paired with the car fine. I had to have the clamshell open to receive calls. With the clamshell closed incoming calls would immediately go to the phone. Hitting the answer button again and saying "Transfer" would reverse the call to the car. The (Cingular) reps had no clue about the firmware upgrade or any idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the upgrade to the 45R s/w version. Gave up and returned the phone. Went to the SE T637. Excellent. Paired easily, is immediately recognized by the car upon starting. Can make and take calls perfectly. The SE is smaller and lighter than the V600. Both signal and battery show on dash. So far no problems.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by PsychoRx
I tried to upgrade to the V600 but had the same problems as everyone else. Paired with the car fine. I had to have the clamshell open to receive calls. With the clamshell closed incoming calls would immediately go to the phone. Hitting the answer button again and saying "Transfer" would reverse the call to the car. The (Cingular) reps had no clue about the firmware upgrade or any idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the upgrade to the 45R s/w version. Gave up and returned the phone. Went to the SE T637. Excellent. Paired easily, is immediately recognized by the car upon starting. Can make and take calls perfectly. The SE is smaller and lighter than the V600. Both signal and battery show on dash. So far no problems.
My V-600 from ATT works flawlessly in my TL except for the lack of battery strength information, I like the Moto phone much better than the SE 616. That phone plane out sucked...it had terrible RF performance, and the buttons are just too small to use easily. It would cut in and out with decent signal strength on some cell towers that the Moto works fine with. Cingular must be selling an older firmware phone than ATT.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Racer

When did you get your V600? I am looking to buy one in the next week or so (AT&T).
Old 08-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Racer

There are a number of threads regarding the incoming call issue with the V600. This is a known software issue and is resolved with newer versions of the software. I flashed my V600 with 45R version and the V600 works flawlessly with the TL.

Unfortunately this software upgrade will not be done by the carriers or motorola. I did the flash myself and the downside is that neither the carriers nor motorola will not help ypu if anything goes wrong. AT&T and Motorola have been working to fix this issue and have been promising a software fix for the last few months, but I have not seen anything. I did read another post earlier today that the fix would be released 09/01.....