Train Horns on a Gen3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009 | 02:11 PM
Racer

Train Horns on a Gen3?

Anyone know of a set of train horns installed on a Gen3? I have a set of real train horns the Nathan AirChime P3 Train Horns to be exact.
http://www.hornblasters.com/products...-p3-train-horn
I would like to hide on a 2005 on the car some place (stealth/out of sight) and would like to see how others made/mounted them strealth/out of sight on Gen3's, some what like these have been done.
http://www.hornblasters.com/installs/

http://www.hornblasters.com/installs/set/?clancys-civic

I would put the air tank in the trunk along with the compressor. Ya I know some will think I'm NUTZ....which I will admit I am
Old 11-23-2009 | 04:08 PM
Drifting

^^That site has some really funny videos. Not something I would put on my TL, but I would certainly like to ride around in yours for a night of fun!
Old 11-23-2009 | 04:51 PM
Instructor

Would be fun to have if for nothing more than scaring the crap out of people. The reactions would be worth it.....
Old 11-23-2009 | 04:53 PM

Shit is HILARIOUS, but I wouldn't do it to my car. Just go and get an air horn and roll down the windows
Old 11-23-2009 | 04:59 PM
under renovations....

my boy got them on his 3g tl I think he has the horns down in the lower section of the bumper. the compressor and the tank i think are right in the pass side wheel well. He got his set from puerto rico for like 120 i think. I'm gonna see him either tomorrow or Wednesday I'll find out everything for sure. One thing i will say though is wire them up with a seperate button cause if you get caught with them you'll get a ticket.
Old 11-23-2009 | 08:59 PM
Team Owner

A few years ago I would've said you're crazy. But with all the idiot drivers around here, the train horn would save a lot of fingers out of the window. How large of a tank does it need?
Old 11-23-2009 | 09:20 PM
Racer

To give the horns a good air supply this would be nice.
http://www.hornblasters.com/products...orn-air-system

CubanLynx84 please take some pictures also.
Old 11-24-2009 | 01:58 AM
Cruisin'

lmfao
Old 12-16-2009 | 11:13 AM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by I hate cars
A few years ago I would've said you're crazy. But with all the idiot drivers around here, the train horn would save a lot of fingers out of the window. How large of a tank does it need?
The tank isn't that big at all maybe like 8" long or so from what I remember.

Originally Posted by Joe Foe from Buffalo
To give the horns a good air supply this would be nice.
http://www.hornblasters.com/products...orn-air-system

CubanLynx84 please take some pictures also.
The next time I go to his house and he's working on the car I'll try and snap a few of the set-up.
Old 12-16-2009 | 11:18 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

This costs $1k?
Old 12-16-2009 | 02:03 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

YES SIR... Ive had mine on the car for a couple of years NOW... best MOD I've ever done second to the BBK...

There's no better feeling than honking these horns in the highway at a truck... they get the FCUK back in their lane. Regular cars jerk back in their lanes so fast that they almost put their cars sidesways... ... Most of the time... when the truck realize that it was such a little car with that horn... they honk at you (2 times) as a form of respect for fooling them...

I currently have mine running off my air suspension system at 200psi... my horns are loader than the trains/trucks themselves since they run them at lower psi... I have a 5 gallon capacity so I can basically HONK forever...
Old 12-16-2009 | 02:10 PM
Missing My CL-S

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
YES SIR... Ive had mine on the car for a couple of years NOW... best MOD I've ever done second to the BBK...

There's no better feeling than honking these horns in the highway at a truck... they get the FCUK back in their lane. Regular cars jerk back in their lanes so fast that they almost put their cars sidesways... ... Most of the time... when the truck realize that it was such a little car with that horn... they honk at you (2 times) as a form of respect for fooling them...

I currently have mine running off my air suspension system at 200psi... my horns are loader than the trains/trucks themselves since they run them at lower psi... I have a 5 gallon capacity so I can basically HONK forever...

please shoot a vid
Old 12-16-2009 | 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

I have air horns from pep boys on my car for 30 bucks. I put the compressor tucked under front grille as well as horns. They aren't as loud as those but they are loud enough to freak someone out. I agree, best mod since its so much fun to lay on a loud obnoxious horn after someone cuts you off. I would never pay a grand thou...
Old 12-17-2009 | 08:39 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

My kit cames with a small compressor, and half gallon tank, the horns and everythign required to do the install (fittings, relay and air lines). The kit runs for like $300...

I installed mine under the front bumber with the trumpets facing the lower passenger side vent area...
Old 12-18-2009 | 09:46 PM
Racer

Please post pics and videos on them.
Old 03-16-2010 | 09:49 PM
Racer

Bump Eh rodneyc77!?

Please post pics and videos on them.
Old 03-16-2010 | 10:38 PM
under renovations....

I just got mine when I get them installed I will post pics. My brother got them in his rl so if you guys are at the meet you can hear them. I doubt I'll have mine in by then I gotta replace a damn bent rim now thanks to the BQE!! I wanted to do my roof and the horns but money just got choked outta my pocket now. This sucks ass bigtime.
Old 03-16-2010 | 11:23 PM
Racer

Im pretty familiar with the train horns, but FYI nathans SUCK some air. First and foremost I am a minitrucker, so Ive been doin this for some time. . here is the install on my S10. Nathan K3LAs.
size comparison to a bottle of heineken..lol
Name:  PC050939.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  101.5 KB

truck…

Name:  itb0802.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  49.5 KB

If u want something to put on your TL, I reccomend the S4 kit from hornblasters, loud and much smaller than nathans, leslies, etc. u can mount them seperately also. Good luck stuffing nathans in ur TL. unless u buy the seperate manifolds or cut a hole in the trunk like the dude on the HB site.

AND FYI, air horn and rolling down your window, or those cheap ass horns from autozone dont have ANYTHING on the S4 kit, let alone my k3las. :-)

Last edited by Dino81; 03-16-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2010 | 10:31 PM
B A N N E D

another place to possible mount said compressor and such, is behind the front bumper where the stock resonator would sit, quite a bit of room there also, just make sure not to choke off the intake though, from being too close
and then for the horns, right behind and below where it says Acura on the bumper probably be an ideal spot, kinda open, and you mount the horn directly to the bumper beam (strong mounting) at the same time,
Old 05-13-2010 | 01:54 PM
Racer

I don' think the air tank would fit in that location from what I can see on my 2005. The train horns I have alone are going to be a tight fit. Also don't think it would be very smart to have a five gallon tank with 150+psi (that the horns need to max performance) in that area un-protected like if the car is in a accident or bumped in the front.
Old 05-13-2010 | 02:41 PM
B A N N E D

then maybe mount the tank and such behind the rear bumper, let me find the picture i saw of someone doing it on the 2 gen tl

but anyways, you are still safe from the tank itself, so what is the worry lol
Old 05-13-2010 | 05:37 PM
under renovations....

I don' think the air tank would fit in that location from what I can see on my 2005. The train horns I have alone are going to be a tight fit. Also don't think it would be very smart to have a five gallon tank with 150+psi (that the horns need to max performance) in that area un-protected like if the car is in a accident or bumped in the front.
The tank is not 5 gallons. It's like 1 1/2 gallon tank really small so no need to worry on that.

I haven't had time to install mine cause I got hit on the pass side so my car has been in the shop and as soon as it gets done with the shop it has to ho to the dealer for some warranty work. Plus I need a good weekend to do it but trust my I will take pics of the install and take pics of them on my brothers' RL. He has them on already. The perfect spot for the horns is right on the bottom of the bumper beam and I'm thinking for the tank on the pass side front fender cause I still have the stock intake in so the driver side is no good.
Old 05-13-2010 | 06:00 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
The tank is not 5 gallons. It's like 1 1/2 gallon tank really small so no need to worry on that.

I haven't had time to install mine cause I got hit on the pass side so my car has been in the shop and as soon as it gets done with the shop it has to ho to the dealer for some warranty work. Plus I need a good weekend to do it but trust my I will take pics of the install and take pics of them on my brothers' RL. He has them on already. The perfect spot for the horns is right on the bottom of the bumper beam and I'm thinking for the tank on the pass side front fender cause I still have the stock intake in so the driver side is no good.
same spot as i was saying before for the horn, and as far as the passenger side working for the tank GL with that, windshield washer bottle is normally there (and the funny thing, you look at 95% of the cars out there, and what two things are in the courners of the bumper, washer bottle and the intake resonater (or a insulated coolant reservoir such as on the toyota prius)

also as far as that picture, i can't seem to find it now :S, but judt imagine basicsally everything mounted behind that bumper with no worries of having enough airflow to the radiator and such

Last edited by friesm2000; 05-13-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2010 | 08:01 PM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by friesm2000
same spot as i was saying before for the horn, and as far as the passenger side working for the tank GL with that, windshield washer bottle is normally there (and the funny thing, you look at 95% of the cars out there, and what two things are in the courners of the bumper, washer bottle and the intake resonater (or a insulated coolant reservoir such as on the toyota prius)

also as far as that picture, i can't seem to find it now :S, but judt imagine basicsally everything mounted behind that bumper with no worries of having enough airflow to the radiator and such

There is enough room on the pass side you need to look again cause the washer tank is mounted to the chassis beam. I'm talking about right in front of the pass side wheel. And take note you do want to keep the air lines as short as you can so it can be as loud as it should be. Of course this would be based on the size tank your using. For someone who has an airbag suspension you can just pull the air flow from that tank used. For my kit since I have a small tank it should be close to the horns so as to have max air flow to the horns.