Tiny CCD rearview camera hidden above license plate

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested but curious to see if there has there been any alternative options other than these cameras? The water leakage experienced by some has me worried.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:21 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

Originally Posted by genghis82
I'm interested but curious to see if there has there been any alternative options other than these cameras? The water leakage experienced by some has me worried.
i have used a high pressure sprayer (coin-op car wash) directly at the camera numerous times without any issue. I've never had condensation problems after using my hose at home or the high pressure sprayer...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:21 PM
4th Gear

ITL,

Tried messaging you, but it wouldn't let me (possibly because I'm new to the forum...?). I am about to pick up a TL and have been looking for someone who installs carpc's. I had one that I installed in my jeep for a while, but I'm thinking that either OEM nav integration will be too much, or non-oem shifting of the screens might be too much for me to tackle. Would you ever be interested in making some money? I'm just over in the Sandy Springs area of ATL. Please let me know if you can. Thanks man,
-Matt
ibndfan@comacst.net

Originally Posted by ITL
i have used a high pressure sprayer (coin-op car wash) directly at the camera numerous times without any issue. I've never had condensation problems after using my hose at home or the high pressure sprayer...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Originally Posted by Mick34
ITL,

Tried messaging you, but it wouldn't let me (possibly because I'm new to the forum...?). I am about to pick up a TL and have been looking for someone who installs carpc's. I had one that I installed in my jeep for a while, but I'm thinking that either OEM nav integration will be too much, or non-oem shifting of the screens might be too much for me to tackle. Would you ever be interested in making some money? I'm just over in the Sandy Springs area of ATL. Please let me know if you can. Thanks man,
-Matt
ibndfan@comacst.net
Hey Matt,
I believe you have to have 4-5 posts on the forums before you can PM other members. I'll send you an email to your comacst account
Old 11-25-2007, 11:56 AM
4th Gear

Thanks...

Post # 3 here ;P
Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Intermediate

Talking

Originally Posted by met152
Is anyone still interestd in getting one of these cameras?
If there is enough interest, I am willing to take on the task of ordering them and distributing them to everyone once they arrive.
I would have ordered from ebay, but it looks like wendy has started carrying a different model now.

Reply back and let me know if you're interested. Like the last person who organized this, I would need some sort of deposit up front. Cost will probably still be around $115 shipped to you.
The options would be:
MS-AC24R-N - 70 degree viewing angle. 0.5 Lux. NTSC
MS-AC44R-N - 165 degree viewing angle, 0.5 Lux. NTSC
Met152 - I have an interest in getting the 44 model. Has anyone else indicated interest?

Thx -Kris
Old 12-03-2007, 05:13 AM
'06 NBP : 6MT : NAVI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nerdy acura guy
Met152 - I have an interest in getting the 44 model. Has anyone else indicated interest?

Thx -Kris
Hey,
1 or 2 have expressed slight interest, so it doesn't look promising that this will happen.
Also, I never heard back from the supplier with a quote. I requested a quote for both models. We'll see what happens.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Help!

I have an Accord with the factory navigation system, and I hooked up the camera like was said in this thread. However, it stopped working.

I have an AVelectronic converter, and everything I thought was working. I took pictures of my connections. I'm going to assume that no connections for the original ground and power came loose, as they were pretty secure when originally connected.

The above picture shows that there are three wires coming from the AVelectronic unit: the red is power, the black is ground, and the blue to for the reserse camera power wire, which also happens to be red (from the reverse camera). In other words, the blue wire from the AVelectronic unit is connected to the red power wire from the reverse camera.

The above picture shows the black (ground) wire to the reverse camera. This was not hooked up when it was last working. Do I need to hook this to the ground (black wire) of the AVelectronic unit, as shown in the first picture?

This picture shows the blue wire from the AVelectronic unit going to the red power wire of the reverse camera. The red power wire from the reverse camera is then connected to a green wire of the reverse lights.

This picture shows that the red power wire from the AVelectronic unit is connected to the clear power wire, which runs to the inside of the car. I assume that this is still connected. I tested this with a voltmeter, and got 9.71 Volts. See that green wire there? That's from the reverse camera. Is that supposed to be connected to anything? Last time I had this working, it was not connected to anything...

This shows all the wiring that I have. Nothing too exciting here. I should mention this is a Wendy's reverse camera from eBay.

This last picture shows the closeup of the green wire from the Wendy's reverse camera. Like I asked before, is this supposed to be connected to anything? Also, is the yellow wire coming from the AVelectronic unit supposed to be connected to anything for the reverse camera to work? I think the instruction manual said for that to be connected to the handbrake or something.

How the hell can I tell if the AVelectronic unit is toast? The unit is getting power and I tested it with a voltmeter. When the reverse lights are on, the reverse lights power is getting power. WTF!?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Bump.

I tried connecting the black (ground) wire from the reverse camera to the ground of the AVelectronic unit, and nothing happened. How would I know if the AVelectronic unit is fried?
I tried replacing the battery in the remote, and nothing. The unit does not come on.

I tried resetting the unit, and the light on the AVelectronic unit blinks once, and then goes off, even when the car is on and the unit is getting voltage (as verified by the multimeter).

Help!
Old 12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

No one.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Can someone help me?