Stock Subwoofer Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 08:07 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock Subwoofer Wiring?

Recently purchased an '06 TL that the previous owner had apparently had an aftermarket sub installed but took it out before I bought it. Today as I removed the rear seats I found that the stock subwoofer is not hooked up, just two wires dangling, which would explain why my stereo's bass is so sub-par. I have absolutely NO experience with wiring and installing electronics, so I'm looking for a way to reconnect the stock sub. Is there a wiring diagram anywhere or can someone explain how the stock sub is hooked up to the stereo? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm clueless. I really appreciate it!
Old 01-16-2018, 04:58 PM
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry no one has replied to you, and if you give me an hour or so I can get you the wiring for you!
Old 01-16-2018, 05:10 PM
4th Gear

Wait are you missing the factory connector that goes into the sub? A picture could help me a lot to see what I am dealing with to better help you.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by scobb
Wait are you missing the factory connector that goes into the sub? A picture could help me a lot to see what I am dealing with to better help you.
Thanks for the reply! So here’s what I’ve got: as far as I can see, the only thing connected to the sub is this twisted red/black pair of wires which come to an end like so. Do you know where these should connect to? Hope this helps, thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails Stock Subwoofer Wiring?-6194ff5e-fe4c-43ef-bac1-749f1e19ebdf.jpeg   Stock Subwoofer Wiring?-366b1145-8977-4b2a-9351-dd1179647a49.jpeg  
Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 PM
4th Gear

Alright can you find the wires I've shown in my pictures? They should be green red and yellow black. The green red wire is the positive which is what connects to the red wire. The yellow black connects to the black wire. After you do that your sub should work. Let me know if you have any other trouble or if you can't find the wires I've shown.
The following users liked this post:
Tidy Whitey (01-23-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 09:45 AM
b15
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Tidy Whitey
Thanks for the reply! So here’s what I’ve got: as far as I can see, the only thing connected to the sub is this twisted red/black pair of wires which come to an end like so. Do you know where these should connect to? Hope this helps, thanks again!
This doesn't look to be the factory sub to be honest. Also see that screw coming through the rear deck? That's definitely not OEM. If this is an aftermarket 8inch open air sub (rare but they exist), the stock amp most likely will not be able to power it adequately.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by scobb
Alright can you find the wires I've shown in my pictures? They should be green red and yellow black. The green red wire is the positive which is what connects to the red wire. The yellow black connects to the black wire. After you do that your sub should work. Let me know if you have any other trouble or if you can't find the wires I've shown.
So after waiting a few days to let all of the snow melt and the temperature rise out of the teens, I was able to get in there and I found the red/green and yellow/black wires as you can see, but they connect to this plastic clip at the end. How would you recommend connecting these to the open ended red/black wires coming out of my sub? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Stock Subwoofer Wiring?-img_0234.jpg  
Old 01-23-2018, 03:45 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tidy Whitey
So after waiting a few days to let all of the snow melt and the temperature rise out of the teens, I was able to get in there and I found the red/green and yellow/black wires as you can see, but they connect to this plastic clip at the end. How would you recommend connecting these to the open ended red/black wires coming out of my sub? Thanks
If you can refer back to my pictures, I have grey wire nuts. I would use some wire nuts that you can pickup at Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart. You could then use the wire nuts to connect the wires how I previously stated.
The following users liked this post:
Tidy Whitey (01-23-2018)