stock amp wires

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stock amp wires

Got the amp out finally and am installing basslink. Any links available to show the wires on the stock amp. I heard the orange wore is the remote turn on. What are the others please. Searched but having trouble .
Old 06-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Advanced

Hate to ask, but why are you taking the amp out?
Old 06-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Intermediate

looking for signal

haha. I don't mind you asking. I am looking for the remote turn on lead and the signal to the stereo from speaker wires. Maybe I am not thinking right. Wht should I use to let the amp know what I am playing through the deck. I got the power wire ran and the bass boost adjustment. I have a loc if i need it. Just trying to figure out what to do next. Thanks Mr. Weed
Old 06-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Advanced

You don't need the LOC and don't need to do anything around the amp. All your connections to the basslink are done in the trunk once you get the power wire back there. Just tap on from the stock subwoofer wires to the basslink wire harness used for speaker level inputs. You want both a left and right input to the basslink so twist together the left and right wires in the basslink harness before tapping onto the stock sub wires. The striped stock wire is the positive wire, while on the basslink wire harness the striped wire is negative. You don't need a remote turn on using speaker level inputs - just flip the remote turn on switch on the side of the basslink to Auto. Recommend leaving the stock sub connected though - it helps fill in some of the upper bass.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Intermediate

ok sounds good . Which is the + sub wire and which is neg. any idea of color. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Advanced

No (I'm color blind but look for the stripe. I just pulled the wires off the subwoofer terminals at first to make easier to work.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Intermediate

Thanks again

I have finished the install and having a few friends come over was a great suggestion someone has made in another thread. It took from about 9 in the am til about 6 pm to make is exactly as it was again. I didnt break anything and you can't see any wires at all . The sub wires I found were yellow with a blackstripe(- I hope ) and light green with a red stripe(+ maybe ) Well it hits pretty good but nothing major. My basslink does seem to rattle a bit due to the airmovment. Other than that I already fixed the rear deack rattle during install. It is great now that I understand my car better.

One thing puzzled me. Most posts I read talk about the stock amp being behind the back seat passenger. Well I got the back seat cushion out and no amp. The amp is in the trunk on the passenger side in the fender well. 3 -10 mm bolts. I just started to explore once most parts were earsier to remove.

Thanks Mr. weed for your prompt responces to my questions and as always I appreciate your help.