Stereo Issue...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy Stereo Issue...

I have an interesting issue at hand... I just bought a 2008 Acura TL Type S this last Friday; I have to say coming from a f-150 I love this car!

I love my music so of course the first upgrades I did was window tint, interior lighting, HID Fogs, and my sound system... As I am sure most of you already know, you cannot really remove the stock HU, that’s fine I kind of like the navi however here is my issue... After running my power cable, remote and ground, I spliced into the rear stock sub and put a HI/LOW Converter "RCA" to AMP...

This seems like it would be correct I mean this is how I did my truck before I bought a double din and ran the RCA's direct to the HU.... Anyways, when I turn on my systems everything is great! Until I shut my doors.... I get a NASTY FEED BACK from where I HAVE NO IDEA!!! But if I open the doors it goes away!!!

As soon as I close the doors again within 5 seconds flat, the convert picks up whatever feedback and the subs are picking up the engine noise... I spent 2 days on this already!

I have done the following trouble shooting....

1. Thinking there might be something wrong with the stock sub wires crossing over somewhere along the way from the stock amp to the sub, I tapped into the subs wiring right at the stock amp on the passenger side! Still same issue....

2. So then I tried to tap into the subs out put BEFORE the stock AMP... Same issue...

3. I have tried three different HI/Low converters... All of them do the same thing...

4. I have tried a Process unit by rock ford fosgate... THAT DIDNT WORK either...

5. Tried running my ground directly to the battery! Same issue...

The only thing left I can think of trying, is to tapped into the sub output wires DIRECTLY behind the stock HU... and run the cables down the driver side... my theory is this... If my sound is okay when the door or doors are open why when they are shut does it get a nasty feedback?

Thought: The car's Brain is right behind the glove box... and I noticed the wires coming from the stock HU are just twisted and are not shielded... my only thought is whatever signal is being sent out through the car after the door is shut is bleeding in to those wires... shit idk!

Sooo my question to all of you is, have any of you ever had this issue!?!?!?! I have looked through so many forms and I cannot find one issue like this... and I have researched how everyone is connecting their system, the way I did it seems to be the way others are doing it.... why is my car being evil to me!?!?! I just want some mad bass!!! haha

Oh btw I tried 2 different Analog AMPS and 1 digital AMP SAME ISSUE!!!

And 3 different types of subs!! It definitely isn’t an equipment issue....

Any thoughts??? ideas??? suggestions???

Old 11-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
Does this sound like the Noise Cancellation Mic's to anyone? I just want to make sure some others think this before I recommend him to unplug/take these out...
Old 11-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Instructor

Could you please explain what that is? Might be worth trying? It is really frustrating that it all works just fine when my doors are opened.... but closed I get my engine/exhaust through my subs! =(
Old 11-29-2010, 01:37 AM
6spd FTW

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Yes, that is ANC taking over once the doors are shut. Very common on newer Hondas. I believe it's like a 6pin plug on the rear of the radio, at least it was on the Pilot I did recently. You can also just unplug the mics that are on the roof.

The Active Noise Cancellation tries to cancel out or minimize NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) by using the factory audio system. The problem with adding a sub to a system with this is that it gets into an infinite loop trying to cancel out the sub you added. I bet when you shut the door it very quickly gets loud but has a slope to the intensity.

Edit: Also, ANC stops when you open the door because it's unreasonable that the factory audio system can cope with canceling out the sounds of planet earth.

Last edited by Tehvine; 11-29-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Instructor

Alright I will give this a shot today and let you know! I found a forum sense now I knew what to look for "ANC" on how to remove the module in the TL. I will start their first.

Thanks gents!

Old 11-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Coolest A-zine Member

I think they're in the overhead dome lights but don't quote me on that.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Instructor

That was it gents! Thanks again for the 411! They should really make this Information a sticky! =) Maybe just a write up on how to disable the ANC Unit on the 07-08.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Glad ya got it fixed