Sprint Samsung A900

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm trying to run an update and I keep getting the following message, "No firmware update available". I'm currently running ZA06 on my A900. How did you guys upgrade to ZJ27?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:08 PM
7th Gear

TriniBwoy:
Apparently you only can get the update if you have ZB12, the one they took offline since some people fried their phones (seems you will need to have this done at a Sprint store).

Pohljm:
Look on Sprintusers.com under the Samsung forum. The best info is the 900M is a software update, but any update is not supported by Samsung or Sprint (seems kinda weird). Someone has figured out a way to do a software change for a small price, but it is not supported officially. Still, interesting to see what someone figured out. There is mention that the A900>>A900M has some of the features activated, but no mention as to bluetooth specifically with the TL. I'm chicken to try this, but take a look and it is at least interesting reading.

Lenny
Old 11-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
I'm trying to run an update and I keep getting the following message, "No firmware update available". I'm currently running ZA06 on my A900. How did you guys upgrade to ZJ27?
I ran it easily over the airwaves with the upgrade software command on the phone, I was running ZB12 previously. you could always go to a service technician and have them load it for you.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Lennys
TriniBwoy:
Apparently you only can get the update if you have ZB12, the one they took offline since some people fried their phones (seems you will need to have this done at a Sprint store).

Pohljm:
Look on Sprintusers.com under the Samsung forum. The best info is the 900M is a software update, but any update is not supported by Samsung or Sprint (seems kinda weird). Someone has figured out a way to do a software change for a small price, but it is not supported officially. Still, interesting to see what someone figured out. There is mention that the A900>>A900M has some of the features activated, but no mention as to bluetooth specifically with the TL. I'm chicken to try this, but take a look and it is at least interesting reading.

Lenny
Thanks for the heads up, I am actively exploring this re-flash to a A900m option to hopefully get better HFL operation.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Element2001
Hey guys I just wanted to chime in about my experience so far with my 06 TL w/out nav and the Samsung A900 that I bought last week. So I immediately updated the firmware twice to the most current version (ZJ23). I then paired the phone with the TL and have been receiving/making calls the past week. My signal strength and battery life show in the console and I haven't experienced any of the problems such as phantom calling and/or the hangup problem so far; I'm crossing my fingers that they don't start...
Element2001 are you sure that you can hang up an open call? I mean a call that has not been answered, or answered by a voice message system? If the other party that I called actually hangs up then i can hang up, its only when the call is open that I am powerless to terminate the connection unless I go to the phone handset and do it from there.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Advanced

I sent you a PM; but for the others on this thread I am able to hang up an open via the steering wheel button regardless of if the other person hangs up first or I do. Everything has been working great...I've still gotta play around with actually making a call proactively using handsfree...we'll see how that goes...

Originally Posted by pohljm
Element2001 are you sure that you can hang up an open call? I mean a call that has not been answered, or answered by a voice message system? If the other party that I called actually hangs up then i can hang up, its only when the call is open that I am powerless to terminate the connection unless I go to the phone handset and do it from there.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Well all is solved and I can report complete functionality with my new phone. The issue is the problematic and buggy A900 handset. This handset is a problem and if you can have it changed over to a A900M handset like i was able to do your HFL will work properly. There is only a slight cosmetic difference between the A900 and the A900M, although Sprint would like you to believe it is a new model it is not it is identical as far as hardware is concerned. The A900M has received different software that works properly with the HFL. They should have admitted the A900 bugs and reflashed everyones phone to the A900M but they have chosen to make it difficult for all of us by claiming it is a new model phone. You should all call into sprint and demand that they give you a phone that works as advertised, ie. proper Bluetooth connectivity, a learning T9, and working GPS. after all that is what was advertised and that is what we signed up for a two year contract and should expect. Their solution was to issue the A900M and screw the rest of us that have the older A900 by making it difficult to receive a properly working handset, Get in touch with either a technical support person or the retention department and let your dissapointment be known. They will make it right only after you have raised a ruckus. But I can now say it was all worth it because for the first time ever I can fricken hang up my phone calls, and see my signal strength and battery levels. wohooooooooo
Old 12-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Advanced

I took your advice and called Sprint. Getting my A900m in a few days! It took about 45 minutes begging. I also e-mailed Samsung about the A900. They stated as you said, the A900m is the same phone (hardware) with new software. They suggested i contact Sprint for a replacement/upgrade.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Glad I could help, do not let the Sprint propoganda misslead you. If you are vigilant they will change out your phone, and then you will be able to enjoy the HFL