Sprint Samsung A900

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprint Samsung A900

Well, I Just picked this bad boy up today and it doesnt look like it pairs with the TL. IT will do the initial pair and work for a little bit (Maybe a call or two), but doenst correctly pick up or hangup calls (the HFL drops the call, but it is still incall on the phone).

If anyone finds any tricks or something to make this phone work, I would apprecaite any input. Also, as of now there are no firmware updates for this phone.

Thought I would let everyone know.

Other than that, the phone is awesome!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Instructor

You lucky Devil you! Unfortunetly the Blade has not been released here in MN yet. I just picked up the A940 about 3 weeks ago and it is working pretty good but I have experienced what you did once. Some ppl say they have a hard time hearing me also.

Sorry I am not much help, just Wanted to say Nice Choice of phone, one of Sprints top 3 selling phone.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Advanced

I can't get mine to pair either. I've deleted the profile, recreated it and still no luck. The phone looks like it's paired just fine, but when I call someone it disconnects after the 2nd ring. The Bluetooth keeps getting "disconnected" and the icon on the phone's LCD reflects it.

If I can't get it to pair, then it's going back to Sprint. Pity too because I really love the phone. Anyone able to get this phone to work properly with the HFL???
Old 11-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Team Anthracite Member

I REALLY REALLY dont want to take it back to Sprint! I LOVE this phone. Anyway we can contact Samsung to let them know it doesnt work in the TL?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Verizon samsung phones don't pair with teh HFL either.. I think samsung needs some complaints and some time and they will release a firmware upgrade to fix it.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by vp911
The Verizon samsung phones don't pair with teh HFL either.. I think samsung needs some complaints and some time and they will release a firmware upgrade to fix it.
Then ya wonder why I don't buy a Hyundai (other than one vga monitor which lasted).
Old 11-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Advanced

You lucky Devil you! Unfortunetly the Blade has not been released here in MN yet. I just picked up the A940 about 3 weeks ago and it is working pretty good but I have experienced what you did once. Some ppl say they have a hard time hearing me also.

Sorry I am not much help, just Wanted to say Nice Choice of phone, one of Sprints top 3 selling phone.

__________________________________________________ _______________

TranTL- Are you using the A940 succesfully on your TL? I VERY reluctantly returned my A900 because it wouldn't pair. I'm thinking of getting the 940 if it does. I ask because Acura's website says it doesn't but it sounds like that it really does? Do it show signal strenght on the HFL?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Advanced

I'm looking to pick up the A900 when it gets down here in Florida. I was able to check out the A940 and noticed the profiles it supported, one of them being HFP??? It didn't have HFL listed in the profile, does that matter?

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/n...ireless+Phones
Old 12-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Advanced

Mortifer, Wayne
Any luck in manipulating this phone? I checked out Acura's website and it list the A940 as incompatible. A900 isn't even on there yet.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Advanced

Mortifer, Wayne
Any luck in manipulating this phone? I checked out Acura's website and it list the A940 as incompatible. A900 isn't even on there yet.

No, no luck. I tried everything I could think of to get the A900 to pair but it wouldn't. I returned the phone but am giving serious thoughts to buying it again because I really liked it. I just hate the thought of not having the HFL.

I might try the A940 this weekend 1st and see if I can get it to pair and then decide what to do. I'll post if I'm succesful.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Instructor

Incompatible with the A940?? It works great in my TL.

FYI- It doesnt show battery life or Signal Strength. Just shows and Telephone Icon and caller ID on the MID screen. I go on Sprintusers.com a lot and have also heard others are also having problems with the A900 pairing with there Acura TL/MDX
Old 12-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Advanced

I'm on that site a lot to but must have missed that thread.
TranTL: Are you always connected to the HFL or do you get dropped every once in awhile?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

Add me to the list of people who CANNOT get the a900 to pair with my handsfreelink (2005 Acura MDX).

Someone PM'ed me at sprintusers.com and told me to delete ALL of my previously paired phones (I have a Treo 650) and then try again. Has anyone tried that?

I cant try that because I already returned my a900...I get frustrated very easily.

Let us all know if that works.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Intermediate

I just received my A900 and i am sorry to report that the phone does not pair up. I've spent $300.00 dollars for this thing and now i have to revert back to the LG PM-325. I am sooo Disappointed words cannot express. If anyone has any luck please share. Thank You
Old 12-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Hey, there is a software update for the phone that fixes Most of the issues. The phone now stays paired and can make and recieve phones without any problems. There is no signal or battery meter (but how many phones actually do?). The one big problem that is left is that when you try to discconect using the HFL system (Button on the steering wheel), it doesnt disconnect. The only way to disconnect is to either wait for the other party to hang up or open and close the lid. So there is still some work left to do, but you can at least use it in the car now... a step in the right direction.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Intermediate

thank you for the intel. You have made my day. please continue the good work my brothers and sisters in the fight for perferct bluetooth connection!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by Nurse
thank you for the intel. You have made my day. please continue the good work my brothers and sisters in the fight for perferct bluetooth connection!

I figured you could use that info!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Advanced

I got my phone to pair in both my TL and RL but when I try to place a call it (The Car) tells me no service for phone... I know the samsung rep in town will do some digging around.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by 1FastS4.Com
I got my phone to pair in both my TL and RL but when I try to place a call it (The Car) tells me no service for phone... I know the samsung rep in town will do some digging around.
Awesome! Let him know that the car doesnt disconnect properly and it would REALLY sweet to have the Battery and Signal Strength show up on the MID!
Old 12-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Advanced

UPDATE: IT WORKS!!!!!!on the phone there is an phone update software function it takes like 15mins but after that the phone works all good!!! menu,settings,others,then update phone sw. make sure you vision or power vision is working before you try this also VERY VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE VERY GOOD SIGNAL AND REAL IMPORTANT FULLY CHARGED BATTERY becuase if your phone dies in the middle of the update it will kill your phone!!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:19 PM
tuning / modding newbie.

is this the same update that was available a few days ago or is this a second update? I know the firmware was update that allowed pairing, and answering and placing calss, but had difficulty with hanging up the call using the "end" button on the steering wheel.

Is that still the case or does it work both ways now?

and are the icons showing? battery life, signal, roaming?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Intermediate

Question. Has anyone encountered this problem? Does your HFL MID ever indicate “INCOMING CALL” when there is not an actual phone call coming in? Its been happening to me lately and its very annoying. For no reason the car will start to ring and I hit the talk button on the sterring wheel and nothing happens. I look at the phone to se if I can answer the call that way, but the screen is just in standby mode. I have to disconnect the bluetooth from the phone menu and then reconnect it in order for the system to work properly. Just today my HFL froze twice. I had to disconnect the battery so it can reset. I’m a little upset and ready to go back to sprint for a refund. I still have 7 days left before the refund expires. Am I the only one having this problem with the A900?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tekageek
I'm on that site a lot to but must have missed that thread.
TranTL: Are you always connected to the HFL or do you get dropped every once in awhile?

I am always connected to the HFL. Once I turn my car on, it pairs right away. I have also never had a dropped call on this phone.................YET.

The A920 has been also released, seems like a really nice phone. Might want to give that a try if the Firmware Update doesnt Cut it for the A900.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:38 AM
10th Gear

Add me to the list...

I wish I would have thought to stop by the forum before purchasing a replacement for my LG325 that is somewhere buried underneath 12" of snow.

I love, love, love this phone and am almost willing to go back to the headpiece. I noticed in one of the comments that there was a software update but I keep getting a error everytime I try to download from the phone directly. I probably need to stop by the store.

Have a great holiday!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by caldoone
I wish I would have thought to stop by the forum before purchasing a replacement for my LG325 that is somewhere buried underneath 12" of snow.

I love, love, love this phone and am almost willing to go back to the headpiece. I noticed in one of the comments that there was a software update but I keep getting a error everytime I try to download from the phone directly. I probably need to stop by the store.

Have a great holiday!
There was a software update, but they pulled it. According to sprint forums, there should be an update out for the A900 soon (some say Techs have said to check on the 17th).
Old 12-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Intermediate

i have one

i have the a900 and i did the update and it "works"... it DOES NOT end the call on the wheel and i still have to wait for the other person to hang up or end it manually on the phone and DOES NOT show any of the battery or signal strength on the MID.

i also had the a940 before the a900 that phone worked in all ways except for the info on the MID (you could "end" using the a940)

if you have any questions as mentioned above sprintusers.com is a great site but i myself am still hoping like others that the "end" and "info" will be fixed on the next software update.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by mortifer
Well, I Just picked this bad boy up today and it doesnt look like it pairs with the TL. IT will do the initial pair and work for a little bit (Maybe a call or two), but doenst correctly pick up or hangup calls (the HFL drops the call, but it is still incall on the phone).

If anyone finds any tricks or something to make this phone work, I would apprecaite any input. Also, as of now there are no firmware updates for this phone.

Thought I would let everyone know.

Other than that, the phone is awesome!
go into settings menu and adjust the audio to the headst setting it helps but I am also still having problems
Old 12-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Intermediate

any news on when the new update will be for the a900?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:11 PM
4th Gear

Dude, I'm in Md and picked up the phone. I am having the same issues pairing the phone. Please help.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:22 PM
4th Gear

Where do I go to get the firmware update ?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Team Anthracite Member

On the Sprintusers.com forums, it sounds like a firmware update will be out VERY soon.

To update the firmware (when it is available) go to Menu - Settings - Others - Update Phone.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear

A900 Bluetooth and HFL 05 TL

Folks,

I have spent the last couple of hours speaking to Samsung Level 2 support and Sprint.
Samsung does not know when is the new upgrade will come out for customers. They are aware of the problems with the A900 and Acura's HFL.
Sprint Support informed me that I should try out the A940 as they have received
information that it will pair up with the TL.

As I read all the previous comments and attempted to update the software on the A900 It comes back as an ERROR CODE 1012.

I also have an account with Cingular and the Motorola V551 works well. All functions are displayed except for the Battery Bars.

Very frustrating and I guess I will have to change providers and go with Cingular or Verizon.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:58 AM
4th Gear

I've been on the phone for 2 hours with level 2 tech support and they can't explain why I am getting the 1012 error when doing the phone software update. Can anyone help. This sucks ! I can connect to the interent on the phone with vision.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Burning Brakes

If there is newer firmware out there and you're having problems with FOTA, then you can always go into a SPCS owned store and they can probably put the firmware on there for you via cable rather than FOTA.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Love my TL

I'm glad I decided to come home and read the forum before buying this phone today. I was 2 seconds away from trading in my LG before the thought hit me that I better read up before making the change. Thank god for this forum!

Does anyone know what type of Bluetooth Lexus uses? My friend has this phone and it works pefect with his GS-330!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Burning Brakes

It sounds like the 900 could be a nice phone in a couple months when Samsung gets all the bugs worked out, and cheaper too.

I'm happy with my Treo, but if I was switch away from a PDA phone the 900 would be my first choice.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by bzonis08
I've been on the phone for 2 hours with level 2 tech support and they can't explain why I am getting the 1012 error when doing the phone software update. Can anyone help. This sucks ! I can connect to the interent on the phone with vision.

There are LOTS of people getting this error on sprintusers.com. I wouldnt worry about it until there is an update to download and you cant get it. Just wait it out, there is relief around the corner.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:37 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for all of the good information. I learned from my time speaking with the sprint tech support that there was an update available through the settings/others/phone software upadte option, however it was removed. That is the reason why you get the 1012 error code because no updates are available. The spring guy basically told me the phone was rushed to market and there are many problems. (Including a network issue that won't let me send picture mail currently.) He couldn't tell me when or if an update would be available. Although he did say others phones were promised an update that never came so he was skeptical. Too bad because the phone is great aside from the poor battery life and limited storage. (47mb in case you are wondering.) For now I am without the Acura HFL which pretty much bums me out since that was a feature that drew me to the TL. PS, if you call sprint, just ask for level 2 support right away for the a900 otherwise you'll spend 2 hours getting transferred around which is a pain.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:58 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Wayne
Mortifer, Wayne

No, no luck. I tried everything I could think of to get the A900 to pair but it wouldn't. I returned the phone but am giving serious thoughts to buying it again because I really liked it. I just hate the thought of not having the HFL.

I might try the A940 this weekend 1st and see if I can get it to pair and then decide what to do. I'll post if I'm succesful.
did you ever get the a940 to pair?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Intermediate

Cool Software Update on Jan 3rd

Hey there:

I went through musak hell for the past couple of weeks trying to get the info on this phone and why it won't work with my TL. I got the same information that every one else got.
1. There was an update for a short time. It didn't work well, so they pulled it out. That's the reason you get a 1012 error message.
2. There is an update being tested. This update should have a fix for the pairing with the TL, but it's not guaranteed.
3. They have an estimated availability for Jan 3rd... but you know how that goes.

I really like the phone. I have until the 27th to return it under the 14 day trial. I'm going to call Sprint and see if I can get an extension on the return timeline. If the update doesn't work, then I'm getting either the LG PM 325 or the Treo 650.

Good luck and Happy Holidays everyone!

W

Quick Reply: Sprint Samsung A900