shock sensor wire help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy shock sensor wire help

I am in need of a little help.

I have had a shock sensor for like 4 months that I have been wanting to install but have a problem.

I cant seem to find the wire(s) I need to splice into.

I have searched and looked at all the pictures and read everything but no luck on my 05 w/ navi. all the pics and stuff show an CL which the way installed is basicly the same but I cant just find the wire as easy as it seemed for them...

Do I have to remove the dash around/under steering wheel? I really dont want to... I tried to put my head by break pedal and look but cant see/find the wire.

Anyone able to help me out? I would pay someone to do it for me but I dont want some place to damage anything. I like to do things myself so I know its done well...

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just hooked my shock sensor up a few minutes ago

what i did was used the door trigger for the - trigger, and just used common ground and a constant 12V wire

under the trim running along the bottom of the car is a huge bundle or wires, the front driver door uses a green wire and the rear driver side uses a green with a yellow stripe
Old 03-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rbf351
i just hooked my shock sensor up a few minutes ago

what i did was used the door trigger for the - trigger, and just used common ground and a constant 12V wire

under the trim running along the bottom of the car is a huge bundle or wires, the front driver door uses a green wire and the rear driver side uses a green with a yellow stripe
But from my recall people didint do this because it makes your inside lights go on and off with the shock, even when car off? I not sure may be wrong but I know their was a res. everyone used trunk instead...
Old 03-14-2005, 09:05 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can this be done without aftermarket alarm system ?

Sorry if this is off topic. I'm not trying to railroad your thread.

Please fill me in. Is this something we can add to our cars without installing an aftermarket alarm system ? Sounds interesting if it is.

One more question if the shock sensor goes off how long will the horn blow assuming it does ?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by triggle
Sorry if this is off topic. I'm not trying to railroad your thread.

Please fill me in. Is this something we can add to our cars without installing an aftermarket alarm system ? Sounds interesting if it is.

One more question if the shock sensor goes off how long will the horn blow assuming it does ?

Yes this works with stock system, it works by fooling it into thinking a door or trunk opened when it feels impact... You cant use a dual stage one as we dont have a way to make it "warn" but its better then none...
-----------------

Anyways, so anyone know if what I said was true? I saw a thread that said we cant use door triger because the inside lights will go while you drive or something like that?
Old 03-14-2005, 12:35 PM

the way i hooked it up works perfectly, hit the car when it's off the alarm rings

when driving i hit the sensor a bunch of times and it never set it off
Old 03-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Racer

the way i hooked it up works perfectly, hit the car when it's off the alarm rings

when driving i hit the sensor a bunch of times and it never set it off

Does your dome lights go on and off while you drive? what + wire did you hook it up to?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by BigB2k5
Does your dome lights go on and off while you drive? what + wire did you hook it up to?
no they don't go on and off when i drive, not sure which wire i used for +12V, i just used a test light and found one
Old 03-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Racer

no they don't go on and off when i drive, not sure which wire i used for +12V, i just used a test light and found one
Also my shock sensor has 4 wires, one I wont use as its for the dual stage, one +12V, a trigger, and one that says "must rest at ground level when car off".

How many did yours have?

If I hook the +12V to anything thats always hot, and the trigger to the door one like you, what did you do with the other - wire too?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Racer

Read this thread when you get a chance: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=shock+sensor

It talks about what I was inq about. If you have a constant neg and power, and hook the shock sensor to the door neg trigger it will feed the trigger a neg signal any time motion hits, car on or off... Because our lights "fade" you may? not see them go on and off but its trying to feed it power unless you use diodes?

The res. is that we are to use a constant 12v, then door trigger, and for the neg, my instructions that came with it say use something that only rest at - when car is off, which would solve the problem, but you have a constant neg so you may? have long term problems...
Old 03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Racer

Anyone know which wire, fairly easy to get it rest at - (ground level) when car off? It says use ign. wire that rest at ground level when car off but not sure what wire...
Old 03-14-2005, 04:46 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a brilliantly simple mod that makes good use out of what is already there.

That said, we can always make it more complicated.

If there was enough interest, say 3 or more people, I might be able to come up with a circuit that would allow the dual stage. It does not sound too complicated.

Stage one could just use small siren and stage two would then be the same as pulling the door lock plunger when the car is armed. Are there many people who would get use out of a better circuit ?
Old 03-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Racer

Their is already some talk somewhere about how to do dual stages, its a little more work, but I didnt care to much for it. Any shock sensor better then none to me, but I cant get this on even...
Old 03-14-2005, 06:04 PM

i've done this in my past cars, i know how to wire a shock sensor, the way i did it the sensor will not work when the car is on.

If it did it would be very noticable since it will show up in the gauge cluster and beep as if the door opened.

basically the wire i used is +12V when the car is off and ground when the car goes on, since i'm not sure which wire i used i can not help very much
Old 03-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Any one who does this in the future feel free to take lots of photos during intallation and specifiy what is connected to what. Also, does the alarm go off if the door handle is pulled or only if the door is opened. Last, where can someone pick up a good shock sensor and for how much?
Old 03-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Racer

i've done this in my past cars, i know how to wire a shock sensor, the way i did it the sensor will not work when the car is on.

If it did it would be very noticable since it will show up in the gauge cluster and beep as if the door opened.

basically the wire i used is +12V when the car is off and ground when the car goes on, since i'm not sure which wire i used i can not help very much
I am not trying to question what you know but just didnt understand.

Your original reply says: "what i did was used the door trigger for the - trigger, and just used common ground and a constant 12V wire"

Now you say: "basically the wire i used is +12V when the car is off and ground when the car goes on"

Thats why I questions because your original statment made it impossible to be true, what you say now, makes sense.

Anyway, if you happen to remember the wire or can look please let me/us all know.

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Discussion continues here: Shock Sensor addon to Factory HELP!