AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 Months (Part 1) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/renew-xm-radio-%2477-12-months-part-1-a-560572/)

BigBluu 11-02-2004 06:22 PM

Just got mine! It took a while, but I got it. They said it actually expired in Sept, so the supe had to over-ride it.

pgemme 11-02-2004 07:09 PM

Just called, looks like mine is in progress, he (Mike) said that they have been having some difficulty with their software. He gave me a different # to call back, and said I could ask for him if its before his shift is over at 12pm. Otherwise, he said to ask for the $60-a-year package, and I should be set to go. There didn't seem to be any issues with getting the deal, just getting it hooked up, and I had just paid credit card for the next 2 years. He said they would credit my account for the difference.

Thanks for the posts guys.

pgemme 11-03-2004 11:24 AM

Confirmed, got the $60 for the next year, and 2 free months after that because I was so patience on the phone. Yippy!! I'm glad they were having software issues, I just kept her on speaker phone while I worked, so I didn't mind waiting all night. She finally gave up after about 30 minutes, and told me she would have to call me tomorrow, and in the meantime my XM wouldn't work. I told her I didn't mind, I got CD's, yet my XM has worked fine since then.

jrogers345 11-03-2004 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by JackSprat01
I think that's bullshit. Call back again RIGHT NOW and get someone else. I'd keep calling until they hated me. ;)

[U]Yep. Definitely depends on who you talk to there.[/U]

Called yesterday - got someone who told me could not get it since I hadn't been notified of this offer. Told her friend told me about it and had the program code. Told her I wanted to talk to her supervisor but then got tired of being on hold and hung up.

Called today didn't bother with asking for retention dept. Just told the guy, John, I was calling about the Win Back Program for $60/12 months. Told him I wanted to sign back up. He said okay, asked for ID code from radio, if this was a GM installed radio (told him no - Acura/Honda installed) and XM was up and running in 8 minutes.

Worth making multiple calls til you get the right person.

Janice

P.S. Thanks to whoever put this offer on the board. I never got a call or a notice in the mail. :ecstatic:

Cosmo Kid 11-03-2004 03:34 PM

that couldnt have been any easier. i just called. told them my dealer told me.... she asked if he gave me a code and i gave her the above metioned code and all done. jan 24th i will be extended for 1 year at $59.99. woo-hoo!!!

side note...

maybe we should start a good and bad CSR list???

post which csr you had success with and which you didn't. good idea?

my_True_Love 11-04-2004 09:33 AM

Called yesterday (11-03-04) told them I wanted the WIN BACK promotions. He then asked if I had the promotion code which I replied I did not. He then transferred me where I went through the same spiel as before. I was transferred once more where I went through it all over again, but this time no transfer and I was in for $60. The call took longer than I expected (15 mins), but beyond the waiting was hassle free.

:dance:

ghanaba 11-04-2004 02:41 PM

Called today! I just mentioned the code (ZWINBACK MYP1) to the first person I talked to and was signed up for the promo. My trial period ends a week from today.

Pro Street 11-04-2004 04:12 PM

Called today and got one year for $60!! Easy as pie.

leo_2004 11-04-2004 06:08 PM

I called twice so far, once Tuesday night, and the other yesterday afternoon. The first time the guy on the phone says the offer is a special one, only available if someone offers it to me. I tried to convince them that I'm usually not home, so I would call them first. Then he said my trial period hasn't expired, which is technically true, but I only have *one* week left. That didn't work.

When I called yesterday, I asked for the "retention" department. They put me on hold, then mysteriously hung up. I called them back asking for the $60/one year offer. The woman said that offer has expired. I then spoke to the supervisor, who repeated the same story about the offer has expired, and was only good for selected people. I got fed up and hung up.

Should I continue to pester them? Or should I wait until my trial period expires on Nov. 10???

Help!

bnandreu 11-04-2004 11:45 PM

10min 24sec - Mostly cause it took me that long to find the XM ID.
$64.65 with taxes for my area.
1st guy I talked to took care of it. I told him I wanted to reactivate and that I had a promo code. Done! I'm back in!

jrogers345 11-05-2004 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by leo_2004
I called twice so far, once Tuesday night, and the other yesterday afternoon. The first time the guy on the phone says the offer is a special one, only available if someone offers it to me. I tried to convince them that I'm usually not home, so I would call them first. Then he said my trial period hasn't expired, which is technically true, but I only have *one* week left. That didn't work.

When I called yesterday, I asked for the "retention" department. They put me on hold, then mysteriously hung up. I called them back asking for the $60/one year offer. The woman said that offer has expired. I then spoke to the supervisor, who repeated the same story about the offer has expired, and was only good for selected people. I got fed up and hung up.

Should I continue to pester them? Or should I wait until my trial period expires on Nov. 10???

Help!

I would pester them. I had to call twice - first time was told I couldn't get it since I hadn't be called with this offer. Second time told the guy - John - I wanted the "Win Back" offer. Said okay - didn't even ask for the Promotion Code. Just radio ID. Had it set up and back on in 10 minutes! One thing though - my trial offer had expired. But I think some people here got it during their trial.

chusteveb 11-05-2004 12:50 PM

In the call recording que, I selected the cancelation dept (...'to cancel your acct. press ___'). Brought me right to the retention dept. Told her acura gave me a promo code, then she explained to me what it was! (like I didn't know) Took my information, gave me instructions and sent me on my way. $60 even (no tax I guess!?) 4min.

leo_2004 11-05-2004 01:30 PM

Here's the latest with my quest for the $60/year offer.

I just called and did exactly what chusteveb did. I selected the cancellation option in the phone que. As expected, it sent me to the retention department. I then spoke to a woman named Simone. I mentioned that I want to cancel, but I have a promotional code that I'd like to use. When she asked me where I got the code, I said I got it in the mail from Acura :D She then said she needed to see if the promotion has expired.

A short time on hold later, she said the promotion was still valid, but because I'm still under the trial period promotion, they are unable to sign me up with the WIN BACK promotion. When I mentioned my trial period will end next Wednesday, she said "yes, you'll have to call back on Thursday, after it expires. :lame:

Instead of hanging up, I made sure I got a DIRECT phone number to the retention department. They gave me 800-998-7900. So hopefully, I won't get the run around next Thursday. :wish:

Leo

underdog_RENAMED2 11-06-2004 02:56 AM

Hey, when does XM first contact you? I've had the car a month and half, and not heard anything. XM was already running even when I test drove it. Think it will ever expire?

Ron A 11-06-2004 07:46 AM

The free trial period expires 90 days after activation.

Many people have gotten the $60 renewal offer during their trial period, so leo 224 and underdog RENAMED2 should call back and tell them that they know from this forum that people are getting renewed before the trial period expires. Sometimes you have to call back and talk to another person or two, but you should be able to renew during the trial period.

If not, XM will definitely contact you before the trial period expires. They don't want to lose a customer, after all. At this time, you should be able to get the $60 renewal.

JMan 11-06-2004 08:10 AM

I have the same questions as underdog RENAMED2. Everything was working and ready to go with my XM when I picked up my car a month ago. I called XM with my radio code to get the $60 offer and they said that they did not have my code on file. WTF??? :dunno: But I still have service....Hummm, wonder if it is ever going to expire?!?! :D

wjpetz 11-06-2004 08:45 AM

No need for XM Promotion Code

Called up XM told the first person that a bunch of friends got a new TL and all got the $60/year for a promtion code, she said somone else will need to handle promotion codes. The second lady then just said what deal was it... then said we'll need a card to bill to... never asked for the promtion code.. Hummm... I would advise someone else to try it and just say $50 for a year, then if they say your mistaken call back with the correct promtion code...

Anyway.. Jan 06 with XM radio... YEA BABY!!!

underdog_RENAMED2 11-06-2004 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ron A
... leo 224 and underdog RENAMED2 should call back and tell them that they know from this forum that people are getting renewed before the trial period expires. ...

Yes, I understand what I should do for the promotion, but the question is, should XM have already contacted me by now? Is it up to the dealership to contact XM and give them my information?

How soon after you take delivery of the car does XM contact you for a subscription?

Thanks

BooyanTL 11-06-2004 08:49 PM

XM Satellite Deal

:racing: Proud owner of a '04 Navi TL....called today and received the $60/year with no problems. Thanks for the information.

Pro Street 11-07-2004 04:08 PM

I called the day after I picked up my TL (last Thursday) and said I wanted the one year for $60 - no questions asked - took about two minutes total.:woot:

Diver 11-08-2004 10:41 AM

i just called the retention department regarding $60 deal. they had no problem honoring it, but after the whole deal was done, i asked if it would kick in after my trial period expires. the lady told me that it already expired and i only had my car for three weeks. i told her that and she told me that i should call after my trial period expires, because trial period is already a promotion and she can't put another one on top of it. weird, since looks like people were getting $60 deal while still on trial period ...

randath 11-08-2004 11:32 AM

I called the 800-998-7900 number today. Told the girl that answered I wanted the "Win Back" offer. She said they were running a special of $60 for 12 months. Signed up in less than two minutes. My three month trial had expired this weekend. I had tried to get this deal a couple months ago and kept getting the "it's only for expired radios". All righty then. Let her expire.

Diver 11-08-2004 11:42 AM

800-998-7900 is retention department. i guess i have to wait 2 months and see if it's still good ..

jrogers345 11-08-2004 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Diver
i just called the retention department regarding $60 deal. they had no problem honoring it, but after the whole deal was done, i asked if it would kick in after my trial period expires. the lady told me that it already expired and i only had my car for three weeks. i told her that and she told me that i should call after my trial period expires, because trial period is already a promotion and she can't put another one on top of it. weird, since looks like people were getting $60 deal while still on trial period ...

I'd say that their Customer Service needs improvement. Back in the spring 2 wks before my trial was to expire I received a voice mail stating that my trial was to expire shortly and unless they heard from me, my service would end on such in such date. Well I never called them because as much as I liked XM, didn't feel like continuing it at that time. I was listening to a lot of CD's in the car then and rarely had XM on but did notice that it was still going after expir. date. Well 2 months later I get a bill in the Mail for 3 months. Called them -
told them about voice mail. Was told that they don't make calls like that to remind you, that my records showed that when the radio was activated at beginning of trial, I stated I wanted to continue subscription after trial expiration. Told them I never said that, did not want to continue. Finally got an apology and was told to disregard bill, service would be discontinued in 24 hrs.

So I did take advantage of this offer and now have it again for 12 months..... but have marked my calendar as reminder to see what happens at end of offer - see if I'm notified to see if I want to continue service, if there is another offer available or if the monthly rate has increased (which I'm pretty sure it will like any other subscrip/service).

Don't know if they have too many "chiefs" making policy, or not enought, or what.

WoofyCub 11-08-2004 05:33 PM

I called on Saturday and the rep told me that offer was only good for GM automobiles. I figured I'd call back today and hopefully get someone who would sign me up for the $60 deal. I told the first rep I bought a new Acura TL and was the $60 deal still good. He asked for a promotion code and I gave him the one referenced above. He said, 'Oh, let me transfer you to another department for that code.' Presumably I got the Retention department and the lady was more than happy to tack on a year of service at $60 to my three-month trial which doesn't end until February 2005. :woot:

Thanks to everyone who posted!

DADS_TL 11-09-2004 07:32 AM

I purchased my TL in August and in October signed up for XM at the full $120/year offer. Last evening after reading these posts I phoned XM, quoted the $60 deal and they had no problem crediting my account for the difference.

Thanks to all!

JackSprat01 11-09-2004 07:42 AM

Gentlemen! For those that are getting told to "wait for the trial period to end" and such....this is complete and utter bullshit!! Just call back until you get the right pigeon on the phone. And you don't need a piece of shit GM car :turd: for this offer either! LMFAO!! At least two of us on this thread called the DAY AFTER we picked up our cars and had the offer tacked onto the end of our 3 month trial. They didn't even ask me what I drove. Could have been a '76 Pacer for all they cared.
:phat:

mattlana 11-09-2004 07:56 AM

After reading over and over about the $60 offer, I finally called expecting to be hassled about promotion numbers, etc. I asked for the retention department, which was the number I had dialed. I told him that the trial period had expired on my Acura and on my daughters Accord. I told him I wanted the $60 deal for both cars. He clarified the price and told me I would have to pay sales tax....LOL. I thought there was going to be some underlying charge. He asked for the radio ID's, turned them both back on and my daughter and I were listening to our old favs in less than 10 minutes. On top of that he asked if I wanted him to invoice me! I had the credit card out and ready but said to send the bill.

Howard :ecstatic:

robrow65 11-09-2004 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Diver

I will tell you that I called 3 business days after delivery and asked for the $60 deal. I did not have to ask for the retention department. I was not told to call back after the 90 trial. XM told me that my TL was already activated and they offered to tack the $60 deal to the end of the trial.

I've said it before. It is just a matter of who answers the phone at XM. I wish I had a code to give you, but I don't because it was a quick and easy deal. I was on the phone less than 5 minutes with them.

Eventually they may discontinue this offer , but for now, just say that "It is my understanding that this offer is extended to OEM." I say to ask like that because the guy that helped me at XM said those exact words to me.

Good Luck! Don't take no for an answer. (but be nice)

leo_2004 11-11-2004 03:54 PM

Finally, after waiting for my trial period to expire, I was able to get the $60/year "Win Back" offer. In my case, I decided to wait because I had already called them twice during my trial period.

AcidHorse 11-12-2004 09:25 AM

Woo hoo! Just got in after being turned down once. Actually, I called a different fone number and talked to them and said I had to call my dealer and have them renew it for me.

Second time I called a different number 800-998-7900, just gave them the ZWINBACK MYP1 code, radio ID and I'm in. BTW my trial expired in July.

spddemon 11-12-2004 10:35 AM

Just signed up using this code! Thank you! Saved me $60 bucks.

peter315 11-12-2004 10:45 AM

Thanks guys for the info on the code. I just called now and renewed my subscription until 12/05 for $60. Great deal. Glad I was able to take advantage of it. They did mention something about the code relating to a GM vehicle, but I just didn't clarify that I have an Acura.

AcuraGeek 11-13-2004 11:26 AM

Latest XM Deal (differs with every call!)

So ... reading this thread, I called and got the retention department. She said that the $60 offer had expired on 10/31. The current offer is $5.99/mo plus state tax for three months. I figured that was the best I was going to get from this cust serv. rep and just did it. She said they would invoice me ... it does appear that the answer is different depending on who answers the phone! :lame:

jrogers345 11-13-2004 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by AcuraGeek
So ... reading this thread, I called and got the retention department. She said that the $60 offer had expired on 10/31. The current offer is $5.99/mo plus state tax for three months. I figured that was the best I was going to get from this cust serv. rep and just did it. She said they would invoice me ... it does appear that the answer is different depending on who answers the phone! :lame:

I'd say that's BS - myself a a lot of other people got the $60 offer after 10/31. You should of called again. $5.99 for 3 months! Big deal! Then what after the 3 months???? :rolleyes: Call again!

MisterLawyer 11-13-2004 05:48 PM

I just called and got the story about how they can't add it on to the end of the trial. She said I should just call back at the end of my 90 day trial. Also, she said that when I call back I shouldn't mention the ZWINBACK code, because that had expired, but that if I just ask for 12 months for 60$, it should probably work. So I guess I'll just wait till it expires before I call again.

mattlana 11-14-2004 03:14 AM

I posted previously that I got the $60 deal for my Acura and my daughter's Accord. I also said how nice the guy was when he offered to bill me rather than take my credit card information over the phone. Well, the bill came today and there was a $2 invoice fee! What a load of horse manure. It's not the 2 bucks............it's the fact that the "nice" guy never told me about the charge. Now I am gonna have to raise hell with them over 2 bucks..........I had the credit card out and everything. It was his insistance that I get billed....now I know why. Kinda shady in my humble opinion.

Howard :uzi: :2cents:

AcuraGeek 11-15-2004 05:04 PM

Nov. 15th - $60/year STILL GOOD!

Following on ... just now ... I got it! $60 for one year following my trial expiration - NO TAXES and I paid with a credit card (to avoid the $2.00 invoice fee - Thanks to Mattlanta for providing that tip!).

Here's how:
1. Don't call on weekends
2. Ask for the "Save the sale" department
3. I spoke with "Farrah" and she took care of the entire thing ... no problems at all.

Thanks to all on this thread for a cheap year of XM! :ecstatic:

AcuraGeek :scared:

Achance 11-15-2004 07:12 PM

finally, after my third phone call I was able to get the deal.
11/15 at 20:12

AcuraTL2004 11-16-2004 12:27 PM

I just got the $60-year deal by using that code. The original rep. had to transfer me to another department, where they took my info and promo code. :D