Remote Start Add on problem.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:09 PM
illntakashi

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Remote Start Add on problem.

It's winter time and I just installed an add on remote start for my OEM alarm system by myself. I have about 90% of it done, I just have one problem. I need a door lock output trigger from the keyless entry module to trigger the starter.
I'm trying to get the OEM key fob to start the car by pressing the lock, unlock, lock button. I know it's possible
Does anyone know where the door lock output wire is located and what color the wire is? I spent all day to find it but couldn't. Please help!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know it's probably been said already but "15 with an '08 TL?? MY GOD!!!"

With that out of the way, ya might get a better response from the A, B, E, & N section where I know a handful of people have installed aftermarket remote start systems that will point you in the right direction. If you're installing anything like the Valet 561T or Avital 4003, you'll be the first to do it IIRC. I tried the 561T like 3 yrs ago (when you were 12....JESUS) no one had installed an add-on at the time. Don't think the story has changed since. Good luck tho
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I forget which thread but one of them had detailed photos of each wire they tapped.

https://acurazine.com/forums/search....archid=6796833
Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 PM
UA7 NBP TL-S

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts
I tried doing the same thing..
Problem I ran into is the door trigger wire has a constant 12v, when you hit the lock/unlock button on fob it sends a (-) and interrupts the signal and unlocks the doors..
Most starters require a (-) to start them, but give it a try, wires should be in the drivers kick panel, if you look at the fuse box its gonna be to your left, per wiring diagram, lock wire is PINK/BLACK, LEFT Side of FUSE BOX, GREEN PLUG, and unlock wire is PINK/BLUE in the same location, test those wires with passenger door lock/unlock switch.

My seconds thoughts on this would be using something like a KP technology roll up window module, but instead of rolling up your windows you would send that signal wire for the remote start.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:22 PM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by vladkarnafel
I tried doing the same thing..
Problem I ran into is the door trigger wire has a constant 12v, when you hit the lock/unlock button on fob it sends a (-) and interrupts the signal and unlocks the doors..
Most starters require a (-) to start them, but give it a try, wires should be in the drivers kick panel, if you look at the fuse box its gonna be to your left, per wiring diagram, lock wire is PINK/BLACK, LEFT Side of FUSE BOX, GREEN PLUG, and unlock wire is PINK/BLUE in the same location, test those wires with passenger door lock/unlock switch.
I did, when I pressed the lock unlock lock button on the door and it started the dang car!! hahahaha but I figured out the issue.

Originally Posted by vladkarnafel
My seconds thoughts on this would be using something like a KP technology roll up window module, but instead of rolling up your windows you would send that signal wire for the remote start.
I called up a guy and he told me to hook up with trigger wire to the lock motor. Ill try it this saturday and I will update with the results. I really want to get this dooooone!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:48 PM
illntakashi

Originally Posted by ciscopath
I know it's probably been said already but "15 with an '08 TL?? MY GOD!!!"

With that out of the way, ya might get a better response from the A, B, E, & N section where I know a handful of people have installed aftermarket remote start systems that will point you in the right direction. If you're installing anything like the Valet 561T or Avital 4003, you'll be the first to do it IIRC. I tried the 561T like 3 yrs ago (when you were 12....JESUS) no one had installed an add-on at the time. Don't think the story has changed since. Good luck tho
Hahahaha yes, it's been said sooooooooooooo many times here but it's okay. I'm very thankful for everything!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
illntakashi

I'm done with it lol got it. Works great. I set it up to use the OEM key fob and to start the car all i have to do is press the unlock button 3 times and it starts. It's pretty cool not having to lug around a aftermarket key.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:19 PM
MV612

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
why not just get an aftermarket 2 way page alarm with car starter shock sensor . its nice to see when ur car is on instead of listening for it or looking to see ifs its on and the added comfort of the alarm pageing you....trust me i been there sooner or later your going to opt for a 2way . I owned a 2way on all my cars. I also install them my self ,being a mecp installer. they make the alarm work with oem key fob also.... it less wireing if your useing the new data module...my ,,,