Radio code issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015 | 01:46 PM
3rd Gear

Radio code issue

My battery was dead so I got my 2007 Acura TL Type S jumped. Well I found the navi code and now I need the radio code. Can someone tell me the location of the radio serial number. I took the right side panel of and got that number but apparently Its not the right number.
Old 02-03-2015 | 12:45 PM
Registered Bunny

Check in your owner manual sometimes they scribble the code at start/end or check in your glove box there's a sticker there often on the left side w/ serial + radio code.
Old 02-03-2015 | 01:23 PM
Registered Bunny

Oh and I realize I totally forgot to mention the 1 and 6 trick.

From the owner manual:
If the code card is lost, an Acura
dealer can access your code with
your radio’s serial number. To
access the serial number, turn the
radio on. It must display ‘‘CODE’’,
then turn the radio off. Push the
preset 1, preset 6, and power buttons
at the same time, then quickly
release. The serial number will
appear in two sets of four digits
The following users liked this post:
JMiles_T (02-03-2015)
Old 02-03-2015 | 08:22 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Bunny is all over it!
Old 02-04-2015 | 09:02 AM
3rd Gear

please help me on this topic also, tks.

My dad replaced the battery for me. Somehow I was able to enter the navi code, but this time I did not see the screen for radio code (i have the code). In the past, I didn't have this problem when I entered it promptly upon turned on the car.

I tried to enter like everyone else advised by pressed 1 & 6 but then audio code last number is an 8 so I didn't know how to enter it, for a month now, no radio for me.

I looked into manual, checked on line, did not find out the correct solution. Please help if anyone knows about this, thank you.
Old 02-04-2015 | 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by khaite
please help me on this topic also, tks.

My dad replaced the battery for me. Somehow I was able to enter the navi code, but this time I did not see the screen for radio code (i have the code). In the past, I didn't have this problem when I entered it promptly upon turned on the car.

I tried to enter like everyone else advised by pressed 1 & 6 but then audio code last number is an 8 so I didn't know how to enter it, for a month now, no radio for me.

I looked into manual, checked on line, did not find out the correct solution. Please help if anyone knows about this, thank you.

After battery disconnect and replacement, the radio should ask for the code when you turn it on. The 1 & 6 procedure is for retrieving the serial number for your radio, not for entering the code. When doing the 1 & 6 procedure, the number displayed is not the radio code. Try simply turning the radio on and then keying the radio code not the serial number. If you don't actually have the radio code, call your dealer with the serial number and they should be able to get it for you.
Old 02-05-2015 | 09:01 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
After battery disconnect and replacement, the radio should ask for the code when you turn it on. The 1 & 6 procedure is for retrieving the serial number for your radio, not for entering the code. When doing the 1 & 6 procedure, the number displayed is not the radio code. Try simply turning the radio on and then keying the radio code not the serial number. If you don't actually have the radio code, call your dealer with the serial number and they should be able to get it for you.
I do have the radio code. Just that the navigation screen asking for audio code disappeared and I do not know where to enter the code now. I was not the first one to turn on the car, so the navi. screen no longer asking for audio code once navigation was activated. I saw no option to pull that screen up to enter the radio code at all, so complicated, might have to remove the battery and reinstall.
Old 02-05-2015 | 09:26 AM

Hmmmm. You may have already done this but this is what I would try:

Start your car.
Turn on the Navigation.
Hit the Audio button to the bottom right of your Navigation screen.
Turn on your radio.

As this would normally display the Audio settings, my guess would be the Navigation screen would display the place to key the radio code.

I recently replaced the battery in the Accord we have. It doesn't have Navigation, but does have the screen and displays HVAC, clock, and audio settings. Not surprisingly the radio didn't work, but when I turned it on, the screen displayed "Enter Radio Code" with the dashes below it. I would even try keying the radio code with the radio on without it displaying anywhere as well
Old 02-07-2015 | 09:26 PM

Any update?
Old 02-07-2015 | 11:40 PM
Racer

If I recall correctly, the navigation screen will ask for the navigation code. To enter the radio code, turn the radio on, and it should be in the display above the navigation screen, where you usually see the radio station you're on.
Old 02-21-2015 | 12:54 PM
1st Gear

I'm experiencing the same problem. I don't see where you type in the radio code. The screen above the navi screen does say "CODE" but nothing happens when I press the audio button or any of the buttons around the cd thing. I can't even load/eject CDs. Any ideas ?
Old 02-21-2015 | 01:13 PM

I skimmed this thread again and am not looking to insult anyone but wanted to make sure folks are trying to key the radio code in on the radio preset buttons, right??
Old 03-03-2015 | 02:47 PM
10th Gear

On my '06 TL the nav code enters on the screen, the radio code enters on the pushbutton for the CD/radio, and the code for the radio is requested on the clock display above the whole nav screen. It just says 'code' and then as you push the numbered CD/radio buttons the display changes and then accepts it and the radio comes right on when complete. Then enter your station presets and you're good.
Old 11-17-2021 | 09:21 PM
4th Gear

Take off the radio antenna cable behind radio.

I had the same problem. Had pulled out wrong fuse (or disconnected battery) and radio wanted codes. Could not punch in codes. BTW you can get codes by your VIN number. I got my codes searching online. Just google search and youll soon get the site that asks for your serial number, VIN and gives you the codes. The serial numbers are the ones that the radio puts out. I had a diary from old owner who had the serial numbers and codes but the codes were available on that site too.

https://radio-navicode.acura.com/

try this

Before punching in the codes, plug of the radio cable. It works. I have to do it again today. Pulled wrong fuse.