Project "Free DVD-A", yet another DVD-A creation thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006 | 12:01 PM
r00t

Hey Adobe man.. i converted a whole bunch of cds to Wav format and put them in the wav folders. When i execute the DVDA file, it goes through all the initial stuff like asking me if i have any mp3s and stull like that, but it gets stuck at the first audio file. It gets stuck at :
INFO: Processing E:\DVDA\WAVs\CD_GRP1\01 - Unknown artist -Track 1.WAV
I admit, the first file is rather big. But i left it on overnight and the program had pretty much 100% of the 3.4 ghz P4 to play with. and it was still there this morning at the same place. Got any tips?
Old 04-25-2006 | 06:24 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by sriteja
Hey Adobe man.. i converted a whole bunch of cds to Wav format and put them in the wav folders. When i execute the DVDA file, it goes through all the initial stuff like asking me if i have any mp3s and stull like that, but it gets stuck at the first audio file. It gets stuck at :
INFO: Processing E:\DVDA\WAVs\CD_GRP1\01 - Unknown artist -Track 1.WAV
I admit, the first file is rather big. But i left it on overnight and the program had pretty much 100% of the 3.4 ghz P4 to play with. and it was still there this morning at the same place. Got any tips?
Something in the wav file is bugging the dvda-author tool my script uses. Try re-saving the "01 - Unknown artist -Track 1.WAV" in a different sound editing program and running the script again. It's not scientific but it can work. I think it may have to do with the headers in the wav files and re-saving in another program will sometimes fix that. I hope it is n't the situation with all of the files.

Also, try the GUI. It will streamline much of this for you. Ref https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133281
Old 04-26-2006 | 01:23 AM
r00t

Thanks... I'll try it out.
Old 04-26-2006 | 11:08 AM
1st Gear

technically lacking

I do not have a DVD writer or much (I have a little) technical ability. Is there a service that will create DVD-a's from CD's at a reasonable cost? Or would anyone be willing to do it at a reasonable cost that does have the equipment and the technical ability?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2006 | 09:25 AM
4th Gear

Some track won't play

First of all, I would like to thank you for your script and all the work you've done. I downloaded the script and burned the DVD. Everything seem to work fine, but then I realized some track won't play the whole song. For example, track 1 suppose to be 4:15 long, but it will only play 2:45 then change to track 2. The length of songs is various, some can play the whole song, and some only for couple seconds?? Does anyone encounter this problem?? Any idea what went wrong?? I used DVD-R and Deepburner to burn. Please help!!!
Old 05-04-2006 | 11:43 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by NightKid
First of all, I would like to thank you for your script and all the work you've done. I downloaded the script and burned the DVD. Everything seem to work fine, but then I realized some track won't play the whole song. For example, track 1 suppose to be 4:15 long, but it will only play 2:45 then change to track 2. The length of songs is various, some can play the whole song, and some only for couple seconds?? Does anyone encounter this problem?? Any idea what went wrong?? I used DVD-R and Deepburner to burn. Please help!!!
It may be the rip speed/software. Look though this thread's history and there is some discussion of it.
Old 05-14-2006 | 10:04 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Adobeman
It may be the rip speed/software. Look though this thread's history and there is some discussion of it.
so i tired this exactly the way it was told. i used my winamp to decode mp3s into wave files and placed 20 at a time into the "C:\DVDA\WAVs\CD_GRPn". i only put 20 at a time cuz i wasn't sure...what's the best way to do it? or can i just throw a full cd's worth into one folder? i started the MakeDVDA program and hit Y to group and N to convert because i already convereted them all to waves...so the program does its thing, the ISO file comes out in the IMAGE folder, i use nero 6.0.0.9 using TDK DVD+R discs...what could i be doing wrong? thanks.
Old 05-14-2006 | 10:51 PM
Safety Car

When it asks to convert, click Y, This will allow the program to convert WAV files to DVD-A format (pretty sure that's the way it worked). You might also try using DVD-R instead of +R media. The system doesn't read them. You might look into using Adobeman's GUI for DVD-A. So much easier to use and pretty much does it all in one simple interface.
Old 05-15-2006 | 12:14 AM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
When it asks to convert, click Y, This will allow the program to convert WAV files to DVD-A format (pretty sure that's the way it worked). You might also try using DVD-R instead of +R media. The system doesn't read them. You might look into using Adobeman's GUI for DVD-A. So much easier to use and pretty much does it all in one simple interface.
so would DVD-R fix my problem? i don't think that i'm doing it wrong. i don't tell it to convert to WAV because they're already all in WAV format... I tired downloading the GUI DVD-A but it doesn't work... =(
Old 05-15-2006 | 10:56 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Revolution SignWorks
so would DVD-R fix my problem? i don't think that i'm doing it wrong. i don't tell it to convert to WAV because they're already all in WAV format... I tired downloading the GUI DVD-A but it doesn't work... =(
FYI - I was never able to get DVD+R media to work. I keep meaning to try DVD-R but haven't been able to find a local source and haven't had time to order off the web. DVD-R seems to be the only relaible media for our players although some have had success with certain DVD+R media. You can check other threads for the brands they've used.
Old 05-15-2006 | 05:11 PM
Advanced

Wow. so many morons, so little time.........

Great work with all this Adobeman. Too bad you have to get 100 questions like the ones above.

TRY THE SEARCH FORUM FEATURE fellas. Leave the poor guy alone. christ, he writes the software then has to come to your house and burn it.

dvd+R will work if you know how. Search it
Old 05-15-2006 | 10:32 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by schrady
Wow. so many morons, so little time.........

dvd+R will work if you know how.
yo mama is a moron... if you're so greatful for all his work, maybe if you can give up some info to help him out just to answer my question like how Hawhyen51 and ccabs has done so ya dick face.

i ask a question, and since i did, you call me a moron...my guess is back then when you were in grade school you had lots of stupid questions and now it's time to retaliate cuz you're a middle aged motha fuckin loser. shut your fucking hole if you don't have anything nice to say. my guess is yo mama didn't teach you any manners either.

Hawhyen51/ccabs: thanks for the info, i'll go pick up some DVD-Rs tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 05-15-2006 | 10:45 PM
5th Gear

yea! hush up man. no need for anger. if you don't want to answer. don't post. post whore. no need to put up negative feedback. but i guess we need someone to set a bad example. thanks for volunteering. (yay! post #3! after almost 2 years registered to this site!) Edit: make that post #4
Old 05-16-2006 | 01:06 AM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by keroppi637
yea! hush up man. no need for anger. if you don't want to answer. don't post. post whore. no need to put up negative feedback. but i guess we need someone to set a bad example. thanks for volunteering. (yay! post #3! after almost 2 years registered to this site!) Edit: make that post #4
thanks for your help guys, i tired DVD-R and it works....
Old 05-16-2006 | 07:18 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

OK, I've got young twins so I have experience at this.

Adobeman - "schrady and Revolution SignWorks get over here...now!. [they both come over] schrady, don't call Revolution SignWorks a moron anymore...OK ?"

schrady - "OK"

Adobeman - "Revolution SignWorks - Try and search a little more and watch your mouth mister. The whole DVD+R vs. DVD-R has been covered in this thread and elsewhere. OK?"

Revolution SignWorks - "uh, OK"

Adobeman - "Shake hands now. " [they shake hands]

schrady - "Sorry about calling you a moron."

Revolution SignWorks - "sorry about calling you a dick face and dissing your mother"

Adobeman - See that wasn't so bad. No go run along and play with your TLs ."

Now lets get back to some burnin'
Old 05-16-2006 | 11:34 AM
Advanced

yo mama is a moron... if you're so greatful for all his work, maybe if you can give up some info to help him out just to answer my question like how Hawhyen51 and ccabs has done so ya dick face.

i ask a question, and since i did, you call me a moron...my guess is back then when you were in grade school you had lots of stupid questions and now it's time to retaliate cuz you're a middle aged motha fuckin loser. shut your fucking hole if you don't have anything nice to say. my guess is yo mama didn't teach you any manners either.

Hawhyen51/ccabs: thanks for the info, i'll go pick up some DVD-Rs tomorrow and see what happens.
How's the dvda coming.......lol
Nice language.
Old 05-16-2006 | 11:47 AM
Administrator

I can understand your concern at being called a moron, but I am not sure that schrady was singling you out or making a general comment. In either case, the language in your reply was also inappropriate. We don't censor language unless it is obscene or gratuitously profane, but we also like to be polite and get along.

Let's take Adobeman's advice and agree to make up and get this thread back on track.
Old 05-16-2006 | 01:10 PM
Cruisin'

DVD+R Media That Works!

Originally Posted by ccabs
FYI - I was never able to get DVD+R media to work. I keep meaning to try DVD-R but haven't been able to find a local source and haven't had time to order off the web. DVD-R seems to be the only relaible media for our players although some have had success with certain DVD+R media. You can check other threads for the brands they've used.
I've had no problems making DVD-A's for my car. I'm using GQ (Great Quality) 8x DVD+R from Fry's Electronics.

Here is their website: Fry's Electronics
Old 05-16-2006 | 01:35 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Ron A
I can understand your concern at being called a moron, but I am not sure that schrady was singling you out or making a general comment. In either case, the language in your reply was also inappropriate. We don't censor language unless it is obscene or gratuitously profane, but we also like to be polite and get along.

Let's take Adobeman's advice and agree to make up and get this thread back on track.
it's not necessarily a concern, but i don't like being punked especially by some other jackass. if he is singling me out, then f him, but if he's making this a general comments towards everyone....f him again. i like to be polite too, but i aint gonna get punked by some fool who just wants to start shit by making negative coments especially since i did nothing to provoke him to make the comment he made, and if asking a question provokes that, then might as well not have a forum.
Old 05-16-2006 | 01:37 PM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by Gdog
I've had no problems making DVD-A's for my car. I'm using GQ (Great Quality) 8x DVD+R from Fry's Electronics.

Here is their website: Fry's Electronics
the last time i used a 100 pk from GQ, i ended up with 73 coasters... this was a couple years back though, maybe their quality has changed since? did you have to do anything different? someone mentioned that if using DVD+R you burn it a different way? i'm just gonna buy a pack of -R just because i found that it works now.
Old 05-16-2006 | 01:50 PM
Cruisin'

I've made 6 discs so far with no problems and I'm not doing anything different. Just following Adobeman's instructions.
Old 05-16-2006 | 03:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ccabs
the last time i used a 100 pk from GQ, i ended up with 73 coasters... this was a couple years back though, maybe their quality has changed since? did you have to do anything different? someone mentioned that if using DVD+R you burn it a different way? i'm just gonna buy a pack of -R just because i found that it works now.
Check post #280. I've had no problems using Ritek RiData. Prices are pretty good too.
Old 05-17-2006 | 04:20 PM
Administrator

OK, schrady and Revolution SignWorks, you kids are even now, no one is ahead in points, no one is behind in points, except with us mods but who cares about that eh, so no more of these posts. This is too good a thread for you guys to screw it up.
Old 05-17-2006 | 11:19 PM
5th Gear

you should help me make a few dvd-a's. only one's i've got are linkin park, blueman group, the free sampler disc, and then a disney mannheim steamroller dvda that doesn't work with the TL audio system (i like that album too!) heh, you can help me reburn that disc so that it works! :P
Old 05-18-2006 | 12:22 AM
8AT > 6MT

Originally Posted by keroppi637
you should help me make a few dvd-a's. only one's i've got are linkin park, blueman group, the free sampler disc, and then a disney mannheim steamroller dvda that doesn't work with the TL audio system (i like that album too!) heh, you can help me reburn that disc so that it works! :P
adobeman...if you have a paypal address...let me know, i would like to make a donation to you since you've created something that saves me money cuz now i don't have to buy an ipod =D
Old 05-19-2006 | 11:22 PM
Advanced

Help me!

I appologize for the long post, but I hope it is helpful for you. I was going crazy trying to figure out how to make *DVD* audio discs. However, after many trial and errors, I have figured it out. Looks like my 06 Acura TL auto with Navi only accepts DVD-R or DVD-RW discs. The DVD+R and DVD+RW does not work. I tried a super high quality DVD+R disc and it did not work. I stuck the same thing onto a DVD-RW and it worked right away. I did a MP3 to .wav conversion, then used DVD Audio Solo (trial version) to drag the .wav files into it, then made the image. I then burned the .ISO using Nero.

Now my question is something different. How can I make a DVD-Audio disc if I have a DTS .wav file already? Is there any possible way? I want to put as many as I can fit onto a DVD. All DTS .wav files.

I have already tried DVD Audio Solo (trial version) and it did not work. All I got was pink noise. I tried Adobeman's GUI script and it did not work. I also got pink noise. I cannot figure anything out. Someone please help and give suggestions.

Many thanks.

Gammah
Old 05-20-2006 | 02:10 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

This thread covers Adobemans scripts that create stereo or mono only DVDA recordings using but not the multi-channel DVDA creation. Here's a thread that might get you going.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129253
Old 05-20-2006 | 06:19 PM
Intermediate

Help

After running MakeDVDA, this is what shows on DOS screen
Estimated disk size 43....
Location...
but

Directoriy listing of /AUDIO_TS/ there was not file named AUDIO_PP.IFO

also right before it says
****** All Done****
it says ERR: Error parsing comman-line parameters
and
mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - DVD

and why is my image file, DVDA.iso only 800kb??
Old 05-20-2006 | 09:32 PM
Intermediate

Another problem....
I'm wondering if its the brand of dvd or I just did something wrong..
I have Fuji DVD-R/RW but it doesn't play...
any idea people?
Thanks
Old 05-21-2006 | 07:05 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by HJIN25
After running MakeDVDA, this is what shows on DOS screen
Estimated disk size 43....
Location...
but

Directoriy listing of /AUDIO_TS/ there was not file named AUDIO_PP.IFO

also right before it says
****** All Done****
it says ERR: Error parsing comman-line parameters
and
mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - DVD

and why is my image file, DVDA.iso only 800kb??
You probably have some installation problem. Make sure you installed the program to c:\dvda. Or easier still try the GUI program (link) It will really simplify all of this.
Old 05-21-2006 | 10:02 AM
rec
Advanced

... Make sure you installed the program to c:\dvda. Or easier still try the GUI program ....
Adobeman, a wonderful contribution you've made here. I'm a new TL owner and will be trying this soon, but have a quick question. Is it possible to install (or move) the GUI version to something other than the C drive?

My C partition is small and used only for the OS. I keep my programs and data in other partitions. I'm comfortable modifying scripts/settings as needed for bat files to make them work, but was interested in your thoughts on using the GUI from a non C drive.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2006 | 10:52 AM
Safety Car

Yes, you can! I've had it installed on my D drive with no problems.
Old 05-25-2006 | 04:14 AM
5th Gear

No Luck

Guys I need some advice here... I must of made 6 coasters. I have tried DVD-R, DVD+R both... I tried buring the files inside the Audio_TS folder... tried the ISO file, Tried both the VIDEO and AUDIO TS... one time it just spits the DVD out of the player but most of the time it appears on my screen "DISK FORMAT". Any idea what I am doing wrong or not doing? After 10 hours im about to jump lol. Im using NERO usually picking "Make Data DVD" cause the option dont show the files if I choose Make DVD Audio.

Any suggestions would be great... Thanks Guys
Old 05-25-2006 | 06:02 AM
Safety Car

After using GUI and it makes two passes you have to born the "image" with nero by chosing create disc from image.
Old 05-25-2006 | 10:25 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Merc100
Guys I need some advice here... I must of made 6 coasters. I have tried DVD-R, DVD+R both... I tried buring the files inside the Audio_TS folder... tried the ISO file, Tried both the VIDEO and AUDIO TS... one time it just spits the DVD out of the player but most of the time it appears on my screen "DISK FORMAT". Any idea what I am doing wrong or not doing? After 10 hours im about to jump lol. Im using NERO usually picking "Make Data DVD" cause the option dont show the files if I choose Make DVD Audio.

I use Nero also and kinda kicked it to the side and started using Deepburner Free for burning ISO images. Has a small footprint, simple to use and best of all, FREE! Try it out, I think you'll be happy with the results.
Old 05-25-2006 | 06:28 PM
rec
Advanced

Originally Posted by Merc100

What 037 said above...After the passes are made it will create an .ISO file. This is the file image you want to burn to your disk.

Are you using the orignal free DVD-A or the later GUI version? Using the GUI (graphical user interface) will probably make it easier.

I made my first one the other nite using Nero and DVD-R no-name blanks I picked up at Staples. Played fine and no coasters.
Old 05-25-2006 | 08:07 PM
5th Gear

worked like a dream.. thanks guys thats what I was doing wrong.... Cheers.
Dean
Old 09-20-2006 | 05:24 PM
3rd Gear

The only time I experienced this was when I used a different CD drive than usual to extract the wav files. It was ripping along at >4x and many of the songs on the resultant DVD-A ended abruptly. When I went back to using the drive I usually use that extracts at around 2x everything was fine.

All I can guess is that in my case there were some errors introduced by the faster ripping and that either the dvda_author code or the TL player is not able to deal with them as well as something like Windows media player or similar.

I have seem many documents that suggest slower ripping and or burning as curative to disk problems. I know nobody wants to wait but sometimes it is better. So if you can rip slower try that (2x to 3 x). Also try burning at <=4x.
I USE THE DVD AUDIO SOLO AND MY SONGS END PREMATURELY I SAVE THEM TO AN ISO FILE AND THEN I BURN THEM WITH DVD DECRYPTER COULD THIS BE MY PROBLEM.
RAGAN328
Old 09-24-2006 | 04:12 PM
3rd Gear

Dvd-audio Burning Software

I Found A Program That Is Very Simple To Use It Is Called

Audio Six Pack It Is Very Easy No Converting To Wave Format

The App Rips Right From An Audio Cd And Does The Conversion

All In One Step No Premature Ending Songs Nice Quality Dvd A Sound

All The Groups Function Properly And Yes The Tl Audio System

Will Play Dvd-r .
Old 09-24-2006 | 04:15 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by gammah
I appologize for the long post, but I hope it is helpful for you. I was going crazy trying to figure out how to make *DVD* audio discs. However, after many trial and errors, I have figured it out. Looks like my 06 Acura TL auto with Navi only accepts DVD-R or DVD-RW discs. The DVD+R and DVD+RW does not work. I tried a super high quality DVD+R disc and it did not work. I stuck the same thing onto a DVD-RW and it worked right away. I did a MP3 to .wav conversion, then used DVD Audio Solo (trial version) to drag the .wav files into it, then made the image. I then burned the .ISO using Nero.

Now my question is something different. How can I make a DVD-Audio disc if I have a DTS .wav file already? Is there any possible way? I want to put as many as I can fit onto a DVD. All DTS .wav files.

I have already tried DVD Audio Solo (trial version) and it did not work. All I got was pink noise. I tried Adobeman's GUI script and it did not work. I also got pink noise. I cannot figure anything out. Someone please help and give suggestions.

Many thanks.

Gammah
USE AUDIO SIX PACK

Quick Reply: Project "Free DVD-A", yet another DVD-A creation thread.