Project "Free DVD-A", yet another DVD-A creation thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have tried reconverting these files over and over and I am positive they are in the proper format... I am trying to burn 3 files, all are about an hour long in length each... Whenever I try to run the program the program the ISO file always ends up being like 12kb or around that... What can I do to fix this problem? Any help will be appreciated!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:33 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
About songs ending prematurely...

The only time I experienced this was when I used a different CD drive than usual to extract the wav files. It was ripping along at >4x and many of the songs on the resultant DVD-A ended abruptly. When I went back to using the drive I usually use that extracts at around 2x everything was fine.

All I can guess is that in my case there were some errors introduced by the faster ripping and that either the dvda_author code or the TL player is not able to deal with them as well as something like Windows media player or similar.

I have seem many documents that suggest slower ripping and or burning as curative to disk problems. I know nobody wants to wait but sometimes it is better. So if you can rip slower try that (2x to 3 x). Also try burning at <=4x.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by RedSoxGuy
I have tried reconverting these files over and over and I am positive they are in the proper format... I am trying to burn 3 files, all are about an hour long in length each... Whenever I try to run the program the program the ISO file always ends up being like 12kb or around that... What can I do to fix this problem? Any help will be appreciated!
It must be the curse of the bambino again (sorry)

Please post some more detail about the file type, sample rate, #channels, etc. The process does not work on multichannel. 2 channel wavs at 44.1Khz/16bit work best. Also 3 files at one hour each sounds like a lot to fit on the disk unless you are using low sample rates or DL disks. A screen dump would help to if you want to PM that to me.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by schrady
By the way, Did you know our TL's can play DTS encoded audio? I found and downloaded about 10 albums.
The wave files are already in DTS, so all you have to do is burn them like a reualr cd and wala, pop in in your TL.

The will not play in regular cd players or most computers though. You need a DTS sound card. If you try and play them, you'll get white noise.

The sound is better than the 5.1 dvd's I've made so far. Its like my own little driving theater.
Hotel California is AWESOME and so is Pink Floyd, wish you were here. I have Darkside of the moon in DTS also, but havent listened to it yet
Can you hook us (me ) up with some torrents or the like? I'd really like to give this a shot.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:26 PM
17/TLX/Adv/FBP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
By the way, Did you know our TL's can play DTS encoded audio? I found and downloaded about 10 albums.
The wave files are already in DTS, so all you have to do is burn them like a reualr cd and wala, pop in in your TL.

The will not play in regular cd players or most computers though. You need a DTS sound card. If you try and play them, you'll get white noise.

The sound is better than the 5.1 dvd's I've made so far. Its like my own little driving theater.
Hotel California is AWESOME and so is Pink Floyd, wish you were here. I have Darkside of the moon in DTS also, but havent listened to it yet

Where can you get the DTS albums?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:13 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by PyroPaul
Can you hook us (me ) up with some torrents or the like? I'd really like to give this a shot.
Originally Posted by csmoore
Where can you get the DTS albums?
Guys, off topic and not something anyone sane is going to tell you how to do in writing since it probably violates board rules not to mention the legalities. I'm guessing schrady's DTS stuff "fell off a truck" (wink, wink)...and he's not saying which one.

Otherwise there are DTS encoded disks for sale at various retailers.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:12 AM
r00t

Adobeman, I have a question... my dad wants the audio from an Indian DVD to be encoded onto a DVD-A, so he can listen to it on the TL. Any suggestions as to how i can do this?
Old 10-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Advanced

hmmmmm

I just noticed it one day............ but it does SOUND AWESOME!!!!

Originally Posted by Adobeman
Guys, off topic and not something anyone sane is going to tell you how to do in writing since it probably violates board rules not to mention the legalities. I'm guessing schrady's DTS stuff "fell off a truck" (wink, wink)...and he's not saying which one.

Otherwise there are DTS encoded disks for sale at various retailers.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Advanced

Talking DVDa 5.1 program dvd solo

This post refers to the 5.1 dvd-a authoring program. Works great with great support!!

I'm impressed. I've gotten 3 emails from them. They did have a bug and have released a new version to fix it. Here is a copy of the email they sent me. They definitely get my 35$ bucks

Hi Mike,

We found the problem and are testing the fix. Will
inform you when the update is available for download.

There is no hidden setting or manual selection to
select double layer disc. DVD-Audio Solo detects the
disc type and set max size of data allowed to write to
the DVD disc.

Best regards,

The Solo Team
Cirlinca Inc.
www.cirlinca.com
Old 10-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by klkitts
BTW,
I could swear that the quality of DVD-A was better than CD as well - but I don't see how this is possible. The DVD-As that I created were from CDs that I owned - so both DVD and CD should have contained bit for bit identical tracks. It doesn't make sense to me that the DVD would sound better. Glad to know that I am not the only one that heard this - the difference is very - but it kind of bugs me I hear something that cannot really, logically, make sense!

You know, I am just thinking out loud... but my Yamaha Receiver at home has a "7 Channel Stereo" setting - that sounds very good compared to the normal/standard stereo (I do have a 7.1 speaker setup). I wonder if the Acura's Receiver is in a different "mode" when it is playing back DVDs then when it is playing back CDs? Perhaps it is not a difference in the source material (DVD vs. CD) - but a difference in the Acura's Pioneer Receiver Component and/or Speaker settings/usage (that is triggered by DVD playback) that we are hearing...

Kevin
You are not alone, I hear a difference too. My DVDs were made from Mp3s and sound better than the original CDs, I think the ELS goes into a different "mode" when it sees a DVD-A
Old 10-25-2005, 02:06 PM
gt1
` . ' . SUV haterrr

If people from Cirlinca are so good may be we can come up with a group buy deal, if they will develop drug and drop DVD-A burning from MP3, similar to how Nero can burn Audio CDs. Without this feature I will stick with Adobeman's script.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adobeman, you're the rage on AW. Seems a few folks have downloaded your script and started making DVD-A discs. Here's the thread. I did mention that the members here have been doing those since July. Anyway, I thought you would appreciate the compliments.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the script! Works great!

I tried using Ulead's software to burn a DVDA for the TL, but all I got was coasters. I was starting to think the TL didn't like the media, but I ran your script and it worked just fine. Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Cruisin'

Help with Adobeman's script.

Hello, strangest thing, if I select "Y" for one big group I get the script saying it's complete in about 5 seconds then says Info:using starting sector of zero, ERR:Error parsing command line parameters, and MKISOFS:No such file or directory. Invalid node-DVD.

However, if I choose "N" to make separate groups, the script works! Would really like to have one big group.

Any ideas?

To supply more info-I've got one album of .wav in each .wav folder, total wav folder size is 3.43 gig, not more than 99 songs per folder. Found that one album was mono, thought that was the problem but no, didn't help. Using Nero Reencode to convert to wav, 44,000khz, 16 bit, stereo. The only thing I'm not sure I'm doing right is the track names. I'm using the leading zero, so I don't know what's up. And if it was the track names then why does it work for the separate groups?

Anyways, thanks for any help you may offer. I did search for an answer to this problem to no avail. Hope I'm not beating a dead horse.

By the way, got a 2005 TL automatic, Pearl White, Parchment, no Navi.

thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 03:09 PM
KnumbNutz

As a new owner of a TL (aka the “Gimp-Mobile”) Im just now getting into this DVD-A thing. I had originally gotten a trial version of Ulead’s MovieFactory 4.0 and didn’t even know that the BurnNow (included in MF4) was actually a standalone product – D’uh!

To add insult to injury, if I had read these forums BEFORE starting I wouldn’t have created so many dam coasters! D’uh again! Gee, whatever happened to “Age and Wisdom over Youth and Ignorance”?

Ive read where a lotta ppl here have bitched and complained about Uleads BurnNow. I found a patch somewhere here in the forums for a “LXDAEng.DLL” file, installed into the trial version folder of BurnNow and WOW-it worked! Ive made 4 DVD-A’s so far and they sound great (YAY! No more coasters for Moi!!).

I guess now that I’ve discovered I can make these DVD-A’s containing more music than I’ll ever have time to listen to, since I don’t live in my car – YET…. I’ll have to choke on the $$$ to buy the full version of MF4, even though I get a heft discount since I already own most of Ulead’s prog’s,. I read about people having all kinds of prob’s creating these devious audio discs, was I just lucky or did I do something right?

BTW, in the remote chance it helps anyone, I’m using the basic purple Verbatim DVD+R from a 100 pk spindle I get at Sam’s for about $40. I do a lot more of video DVD authoring and so far, after having used about 300+ of these disks Ive never had any problems.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:39 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by oxnardmeringue
Hello, strangest thing, if I select "Y" for one big group I get the script saying it's complete in about 5 seconds then says Info:using starting sector of zero, ERR:Error parsing command line parameters, and MKISOFS:No such file or directory. Invalid node-DVD.

However, if I choose "N" to make separate groups, the script works! Would really like to have one big group.

Any ideas?

To supply more info-I've got one album of .wav in each .wav folder, total wav folder size is 3.43 gig, not more than 99 songs per folder. Found that one album was mono, thought that was the problem but no, didn't help. Using Nero Reencode to convert to wav, 44,000khz, 16 bit, stereo. The only thing I'm not sure I'm doing right is the track names. I'm using the leading zero, so I don't know what's up. And if it was the track names then why does it work for the separate groups?

Anyways, thanks for any help you may offer. I did search for an answer to this problem to no avail. Hope I'm not beating a dead horse.

By the way, got a 2005 TL automatic, Pearl White, Parchment, no Navi.

thanks
Hmm. Well that is an interesting one. My recommendation, even if it is contrary to the "free" mission of this thread, is to try Cirlinca DVD-A Solo. It has worked so well for me that I got it and use it to make my DVD-A disks instead of my own scripts. You can get a trial copy that will let you make 7 disks. That's plenty to know if it will work for you. And it is only $34.95 and it will rip CDS, author DVD-A and burn all in one step. See this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/i-need-some-living-situation-advice-123681/

If you really want my scripts to work then we can try and troubleshoot it but it is strange that it works with a "N" and not a "Y".
Old 10-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Cruisin'

I would love to troubleshoot it if you are willing. thanks very much.

Some of the wavs are from my own disks I ripped with Exact Audio Copy. Some are .shn converted to wav with Nero and some are .flac and some are monkey.

You know, I got this to work over a month ago but just couldn't get the disk to play in the TL. Assumed it was due to DVD+R. Went to Europe for a month, just getting back to normal and went out and got some DVD-R to try but now this problem!

I deleted the program and reinstalled, no fix.

Anyways, what do you think I should try next?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:04 AM
8th Gear

Are there more than 99 songs total (from all directories)? I think that it will fail if you make it into one big group when you have more than 99 total.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Cruisin'

Yes, I have 118. I'll try paring it down, see what happens. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:08 AM
Cruisin'

Yes, that was it!! Duh! O.K., really appreciate you helping me. Have a good day.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gt1
If people from Cirlinca are so good may be we can come up with a group buy deal, if they will develop drug and drop DVD-A burning from MP3, similar to how Nero can burn Audio CDs. Without this feature I will stick with Adobeman's script.
The point is not cruddy mp3 support. This program does 6 channel dvd-a's like they were meant to be heard.

In our cars there is a HUGE difference between 6 channel and 2 channel

Otherwise having a dvd-a is just a big storage psace for a buncha low quality wave files.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:11 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by Drabillord
Are there more than 99 songs total (from all directories)? I think that it will fail if you make it into one big group when you have more than 99 total.
ARG!!!! Thanks for picking up on that and helping out oxnardmeringue. I wrote the scripts quickly so they have some holes. That's for sure.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you sir. Appreciate all that you've done.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Advanced

Talking DTS files by popular demand

Ok,

Due to a huge demand and tons of requests, I would like to share a little. A couple of things:
A. I am not an engineer, so if you cannot make this work, sorry.
B. These files are DTS, meaning you can only play them in your Acura TL, not a regular cd player or pc (will sound like white noise)
C. These are on loan only to demonstrate the power of our stereo's. Please upload them back when you are done.
D. I won't take requests. Enjoy the sample of some music I have made, but if they dont fit your taste in music, once again, sorry. This is a broad array of music to demonstrate the capabilities of our systems.

Download the files and burn them like any other audio cd (I use nero) on any blank cdr. No special software needed.
Then load the cd in your Acura. The display will say DTS cd and the sound will be incredible.
Enjoy it

ftp://69.181.212.230 Login: dts Password: music

If its busy and connection gets refused, then the slots are full. You'll have to wait.

If you hammer the FTP, your IP will get banned automatically, so dont try more than 3 times per 1/2 hour

Hope you enjoy.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Banned

Thanks schrady, I've got a few on download right now! I'll tryt to upload some for ya when I get home tonight.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:32 PM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good stuff to know!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:52 PM
gt1
` . ' . SUV haterrr

The point is not cruddy mp3 support. This program does 6 channel dvd-a's like they were meant to be heard.

In our cars there is a HUGE difference between 6 channel and 2 channel

Otherwise having a dvd-a is just a big storage psace for a buncha low quality wave files.
Yes, I understand what makes this software different, but does it matters this much? What will be your source for 5.1 tracks? I see no point in transcoding from DTS CDs or DVDs. It will not make them any better.
BTW, thanks for sharing your DTS music.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:46 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Transcoding won't make the DTS 5.1 source better sonically but may allow use of material that won't play properly due to the pops and clicks that the ELS DTS decoder is known for.

I've transcoded one from DTS to DVDA and it plays without any pops so I'm going to move on to a known offender to see if I can get a cure.

Originally Posted by gt1
Yes, I understand what makes this software different, but does it matters this much? What will be your source for 5.1 tracks? I see no point in transcoding from DTS CDs or DVDs. It will not make them any better.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gt1
Sources for 5.1 tracks are mainly music dvd's or Film soundtracks I stripped.

I also have converted some stereo tracks to 5.1 using cubase and a very cool plugin I obtained. Makes the music sound 10x better in the car.

I may post some of these files to share as well. I just did Sheryl crows new album and it sounded great this am.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:02 PM
r00t

Hey Schrady, could you pleae inform me as to how to make an audio dvd from a video one.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:39 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by triggle
Transcoding won't make the DTS 5.1 source better sonically but may allow use of material that won't play properly due to the pops and clicks that the ELS DTS decoder is known for.

I've transcoded one from DTS to DVDA and it plays without any pops so I'm going to move on to a known offender to see if I can get a cure.
How did you transcode these? I am getting clicks and pops all the time playing back DTS encoded CD's in my Acura.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:13 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

http://www.doom9.org/

Check around there, you'll find lots of 5.1 stuff.

Originally Posted by medicineman
How did you transcode these? I am getting clicks and pops all the time playing back DTS encoded CD's in my Acura.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Intermediate

Pops/Clicks on DTS

Hi All,
I have a Pink Floyd DTS CD which plays perfectly on my Yamaha receiver at home - but in my TL the first couple of tracks have periodic pops and clicks. Once it gets past the first coupls of tracks the rest of the DTS CD plays fine - and effect is very impressive.

Does anyone know why the DTS Decoder on the TL does this - I guess it is a flaw in the Decoder software? Is there any known fix for this issue - firmware upgade? Do the Acura dealers or Honda even acknowledge this as a problem?

BTW, I have the Eagle Hotel California DTS CD - and it plays perfectly and sounds just awsome.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 11-06-2005, 02:33 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

This is off topic but a good question nonetheless and is worth a repost in the main Audio group.

If you are willing to invest some time into this it may be repairable. Decode each track into the 6 .WAV files, then author a new DVDA with the wavs thus turning the DTS CD into a DVDA disk. This assumes you have a DVD burner.

No ideas on the ELS firmware end of it. Might be worth a visit to the ELS website and ask for their help.

Originally Posted by klkitts
Hi All,
I have a Pink Floyd DTS CD which plays perfectly on my Yamaha receiver at home - but in my TL the first couple of tracks have periodic pops and clicks. Once it gets past the first coupls of tracks the rest of the DTS CD plays fine - and effect is very impressive.

Does anyone know why the DTS Decoder on the TL does this - I guess it is a flaw in the Decoder software? Is there any known fix for this issue - firmware upgade? Do the Acura dealers or Honda even acknowledge this as a problem?

BTW, I have the Eagle Hotel California DTS CD - and it plays perfectly and sounds just awsome.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Advanced

Whata did you think?

Ok,

Due to a huge demand and tons of requests, I would like to share a little. A couple of things:
A. I am not an engineer, so if you cannot make this work, sorry.
B. These files are DTS, meaning you can only play them in your Acura TL, not a regular cd player or pc (will sound like white noise)
C. These are on loan only to demonstrate the power of our stereo's. Please upload them back when you are done.
D. I won't take requests. Enjoy the sample of some music I have made, but if they dont fit your taste in music, once again, sorry. This is a broad array of music to demonstrate the capabilities of our systems.

Download the files and burn them like any other audio cd (I use nero) on any blank cdr. No special software needed.
Then load the cd in your Acura. The display will say DTS cd and the sound will be incredible.
Enjoy it

ftp://69.181.212.230 Login: dts Password: music

If its busy and connection gets refused, then the slots are full. You'll have to wait.

If you hammer the FTP, your IP will get banned automatically, so dont try more than 3 times per 1/2 hour

Hope you enjoy.

Over the past 5 days I've served up over 20GIGS of dts music for our acura pals. Now I need that system for a few DL DVDA multichannel burns and cant have the HD spinning at 1mb.

I may put it back online tonight.

How are the DTS files? I also have about 100 multichannel wave files that need to be burned to dvda using dvd solo from cirlinca. Is that of interest to anyone?
Old 11-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Intermediate

Dts

Eagles were just awsome in DTS. Pink Floyd was really great. However, as I noted in a previous message - strangely - the Pink Floyd DTS CD played back perfectly on my Cheap Apex CD/DVD player connected to a Yamaha receiver - but in the TL it has some annoying pops and clicks in the first few tracks. Too bad - because it is evident that the effort they put into the mix on Pink Floyd led to some very cool multichannel effects.

I've noticed a few posts by others that the same thing has happened to them with brand new purchased DTS CDs - boy I'd be bummed if I had spent a few hundred dollars on these DTS CDs and they had pops and clicks when played back in the TL...

Very... Very... Cool... though - really just show how good things *can* sound...

Kevin
Old 11-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Love Queen's Greatest Hits in DTS!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by markjrenna
Simply awesome!

I recommend this to anyone interested in taking their CD collection and transferring it to DVD-A!

It is so easy you have to try it! Plus, get this... It's FREE!!!

Great job Adobeman!
I was wondering though if you already have a bunch of mp3's ( I can't even find the original cd's) then how would this process work?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Instructor

Over the past 5 days I've served up over 20GIGS of dts music for our acura pals. Now I need that system for a few DL DVDA multichannel burns and cant have the HD spinning at 1mb.

I may put it back online tonight.

How are the DTS files? I also have about 100 multichannel wave files that need to be burned to dvda using dvd solo from cirlinca. Is that of interest to anyone?
Hey Schrady, not complaining or nothin but still haven't been able to get onto ur ftp server; tried 2 times last nite and once right now. If it's ofline it's cool. I just thought I'd point out.

BTW, guys whoever listens to Indian music O MAH GAWD I just burn't a DVD-Audio in 5.1 and it is the da bomb. So just wanted to point out that there are Indian (from India) DVD's out there with just sound tracks that can be used to burn in 5.1
Old 11-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Banned

Hey Schrady... Love the Queen stuff and especially the Linkin Park! I thought I had some to share, but wife somehow misplaced my box of discs in the move. I'll keep looking...

Quick Reply: Project "Free DVD-A", yet another DVD-A creation thread.