ProClip Mounts for IPOD's

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProClip Mounts for IPOD's

I am looking at getting one of the ProClip mounts for my 5th Gen Video ipod. Proclip has a mount the goes on the left or right of the center console. I am looking at getting one that goes on the right side but I want the one that allows you to plug in your ipod on the bottom of the mount and it basically make the mount into a dock for the ipod.

Proclip

My question is that it looks a little larger than the standard ipod holder and I was wondering if it interferred with the shifter.

I just like the ability to drop it in the holder and it is connected and ready to go instead of having to deal with the mount and the cable seperately.

Anyone use a proclip mount? Anyone have any suggestions or pictures of their setup?
Old 07-20-2007, 05:40 PM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
I have been using the proclip mount since I bought my car.

I just bought the mount that attatches to the trim. I'm using it for a cell phone not an iPod though. I could have bought a cell-phone clip that fit my phone perfectly but I decided $30 was already enough to spend. I screwed in a different top piece from a universal cell phone holder I had in my old car. It's a good thing I didn't buy the custom cell holder because I changed my cell a month ago and I can use this holder with any cell.

I chose proclip because I like the design it has a nice tilt towards and is very very convinient vs. throwing the cell into the cupholder like everyone else. It stays out of the way of the passenger as well. For the most part it dosen't block anything but at times it is a bit of an obstruction to the tuning knob (just gotta get used to it). My new cell charger plugs into the side so it does hit the shifter now. If you had an iPod you might run into the same trouble. Overall I am still happy.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Going to place my order now.