Old 11-26-2008, 06:39 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.2 has worked for us! Norm
Old 11-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hidden72
If you can't hear them, while you're on the bluetooth connection, use the volume-up button on the iPhone and turn that up first before turning up the volume on the car. I assume you just have a mis-match there. Turn that up in the iPhone while on a call and you should be good from there.
You are correct!
The phone volume controls don't work on my old cell but they do work on iphone. Yes, I can turn the volume up and down from the phone, thanks a lot, you will not believe it but I was only 30 minutes away from returning it back to the store and switching back to my old sony ericsson. I was so convinced that version 2.2 is still faulty...

Catalin
Old 11-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ezrapon
The 2.2 update is a step in the right direction, but a long way from a fix. Incoming calls generate a horrible speaker buzz and must have volume all the way up to hear the call. Come on apple...get your shit together and fix this!!!! Might as well have Vista.
Hey ezrapon,

Turn the volume up from the side volume controls of the phone.
When you upgrade / flash the firmware in, all volumes are preset to half by default, including the volume over HFL.
It seems that iphone can control the volume over the bluetooth connection which is an extra feature I guess.

Give it a try and let us know, I personally thanks to hidden32, he mentioned to me about it and it worked on me.

Catalin
Old 11-28-2008, 05:39 AM
Currently at 50,546 miles

Originally Posted by hidden72
Phone: iPhone 3G v2.1

Car: 2006 Acura TL NAVI 5AT

Description: Outgoing calls work properly though HFL. Incoming calls ring, but when I hit the answer button, the audio is not routed through the HFL.

History: iPhone releases 2.0.x worked properly with my vehicle - everything from the initial 2.0 version, as well as the 2.0.x patches that were released.

Any assistance would be great. Thanks!

Same setup as you with the same problems. I can make outgoing calls, but cannot answer incoming calls, and transfer does not work (no call in progress.)

I tired re-paring the phone three times and changed the prompt to no avail. Very frustrating - I don't know if it's Apple's problem or Acura's!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TailsToo
Same setup as you with the same problems. I can make outgoing calls, but cannot answer incoming calls, and transfer does not work (no call in progress.)

I tired re-paring the phone three times and changed the prompt to no avail. Very frustrating - I don't know if it's Apple's problem or Acura's!

mister tailstoo, look for the latest posts, apple just released fw version 2.2, I guess you haven't tried it since you are not mentioning about it...

catalin
Old 11-28-2008, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Acuralin
mister tailstoo, look for the latest posts, apple just released fw version 2.2, I guess you haven't tried it since you are not mentioning about it...

catalin
Yep, I tried that one too with no luck. Same problems.

I posted in the Apple Discussion forums as well - if I get any answers, I'll post them here as well.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Intermediate

apple repaced the phone... new one works like a champ. Volume is up and I don't hear the data buzz. All is good.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:12 PM

apple repaced the phone... new one works like a champ. Volume is up and I don't hear the data buzz. All is good.

What did you have to do to get Apple to replace your phone? How long ago did you get the new one?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:30 PM
10th Gear

I am curious how you got them to replace your iPhone too!?
Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 PM
10th Gear

BTW, the 2.2 software update fixed my HFL incoming call issues.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by bucketheadtsx
BTW, the 2.2 software update fixed my HFL incoming call issues.
Mine worked for the first few calls (it would work intermittently with 2.1), but it did the same thing as 2.1 today... answered the call from the car and it dropped from HFL back to the headset
Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Intermediate

went to the apple store (att won't deal with it) told them of the blue tooth issue, showed them the web page that said the phone is compatible with the car and they gave me a new phone. I called customer service first, gave them the problem and issues, they asked for the serial number... bought it late October. They said some phones had issues with certain cars...jumped through their hoops reset, reboot, etc. No dice. Told me to go top the apple retail store. Even offerred to set up the appointment at the genuis counter.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mortifer
Mine worked for the first few calls (it would work intermittently with 2.1), but it did the same thing as 2.1 today... answered the call from the car and it dropped from HFL back to the headset
The same with mine, out of 5 calls, 1 incoming call would not be able to route the sound into speakers (ver 2.2 I am talking about) but I switched HFL incoming notification to 'promt' instead of 'ring' and since then (aprox 20-30 calls made) no problems.
I did that because before, with ver 2.1, when HFL was set to 'ring', incoming sound would have never been routed but when HFL changed to 'promt' everything was fine. Actually that was the fix for ver 2.1 with the incoming calls that several users here sugested but no one bother to try...

Another tricky feature I was mentioning before...when you flash 2.2 in, all sounds are set at the half way levels, keep in mind you may adjust the volume of HFL from the phone side volume controls (best way during the call).

Catalin
Old 12-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Team Anthracite Member

The same with mine, out of 5 calls, 1 incoming call would not be able to route the sound into speakers (ver 2.2 I am talking about) but I switched HFL incoming notification to 'promt' instead of 'ring' and since then (aprox 20-30 calls made) no problems.
I did that because before, with ver 2.1, when HFL was set to 'ring', incoming sound would have never been routed but when HFL changed to 'promt' everything was fine. Actually that was the fix for ver 2.1 with the incoming calls that several users here sugested but no one bother to try...

Another tricky feature I was mentioning before...when you flash 2.2 in, all sounds are set at the half way levels, keep in mind you may adjust the volume of HFL from the phone side volume controls (best way during the call).

Catalin
How do you set this up and what is the difference between the 2?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
For those of you with volume problems, this might sound stupid but I didn't realize this till later so I'll post it. After you guys have intiated a phone call with the handsfree, you gotta wait till you are speaking to the person on the other line via the HFL. Once this is done, then proceed to raise the volume on the side of the iphone and you'll see the "Bluetooth volume" on the iphone go up. Trying to raise the volume on the iphone before you are actually conversing through the TL's HFL will just raise the iphone's internal volume or ringer volume and not the "bluetooth volume".

Hopefully that will help some of you, if not then I stand to be the only dumb one to figure this out late.

Now as far as the 2.2 update, its funny, I didnt have the problem being described in this thread on the 2.1 version but I'm having it on the 2.2 version. I will try to unpair and pair again and cross my fingers. Its pretty annoying.

Last edited by Elegant TYPE S; 12-09-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Advanced

How OS 3.0 is coming along?

Hi every one,

I have been using my iphone 3G 16GB (OS v2.2) along with my 06 TL AT with no issues so far.
- Pairing okay
- Ring is routed successfully into the car's speakers
- Sound volume has been fine, of course I was going though hell to make it working with previous OS versions until I downloaded OS v2.2 (at that time)

Have you guys tried OS 3.0, will the iphone still pair and work and route the ring into car's speakers properly?
Of course I would be more interested if some one who owns an 06 TL-AT did it, as different models of car behave differently.

Thanks.

Catalin
Old 07-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Advanced

Hi every one,

I have been using my iphone 3G 16GB (OS v2.2) along with my 06 TL AT with no issues so far.
- Pairing okay
- Ring is routed successfully into the car's speakers
- Sound volume has been fine, of course I was going though hell to make it working with previous OS versions until I downloaded OS v2.2 (at that time)

Have you guys tried OS 3.0, will the iphone still pair and work and route the ring into car's speakers properly?
Of course I would be more interested if some one who owns an 06 TL-AT did it, as different models of car behave differently.

Thanks.

Catalin

Come on guys, there must be one of you who got this upgrade to OS 3.0 done.

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:28 PM
4th Gear

ME ME!! I am having problems with the newest iPhone and my 2006 Acura TL. I have had my iPhone 3G S for 3 days now and initially had problems pairing. I got all the way to the end of the pairing process, named the phone and then the car indicated "[name I chose] could be confused with [name I chose]. Please select a longer name." Something like that. Also worth noting is that I had DELETED my prior phone so there were NO phones in the system at that point yet it continually told me the phone was going to be confused with itself. I would say a longer name and then the HF Link would simply drop. This happened no less than 8 times and then FINALLY it worked. I thought that was the end of my problems, but unfortunately, that was not the case. Here is what happened today:

- Incoming call, comes in on HF Link
- Pick up call via HF Link
- As soon as HF Link picks up call, it drops it
- Looked at phone and call was still on phone
- Caller could hear me (via the phone), however I could not hear caller (via the phone)

I then did a test to see if I could "transfer" from the phone back to the HF Link:
- Incoming call, comes in on HF Link
- Pick up call via HF Link
- As soon as HF Link picks up call, it drops it
- Looked at phone to confirm call was still on phone
- Activated HF Link and said, "Transfer"
- The call was then 100% transfered to the phone meaning the caller could hear me and I could hear them via the phone.

I did not try a transfer back. That's a pretty obvious option I should have tried. But at this point, there is clearly an issue. VERY frustrated!!! Will have to go back to Apple store and see what they say.

I can successfully MAKE calls via the HF Link. I have volume problems as well but thanks to this thread, I will change the volume on the phone next time to fix that.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 PM
4th Gear

I wanted to add some additional information to my post above. To recap, I have a 2006 Acura TL and an iPhone 3G S OS version 3.0 (7A341).

As I indicated, I initially had problems pairing.

- Went to phone setup on the HF Link
- Deleted prior phone
- Ensured no phones were in system by saying "List"
- Said "Pair"

- Provided 4 digit code
- Phone put in Discovery mode
- Phone sees HF Link
- Phone asks for 4 digit code
- Enter 4 digit code on iPhone
- Car indicates "A new phone has been found. What would you like to name this phone?"
- I say, "Apple iPhone"
- Car says, "[Apple iPhone] could be recognized as [Apple iPhone]. To avoid recognition problems, please use a longer name." (Note, there are NO phone in the system at this poing so I don't understand why it thinks there will be recognition problems.)
- I say a longer name
- HF Link on car simply drops
- Phone is never paired

This happened several times and then finally, and miraculously, the phone was paired (using the initial name I used that previously it complained about).

Due to problems taking incoming calls (HF Link drops call as soon as I answer, however call remains on phone but I cannot hear caller), I decided to reboot the phone and re-pair. Well, you guessed it, now I can't pair the phone at all.

This is really ridiculous.....
Old 07-21-2009, 11:19 PM
4th Gear

Sorry for the repeated posts, but I think it's really important to share information if someone has a breakthrough.

I successfully re-paired my phone. I followed the exact same steps I listed above and this time it worked. The ONLY difference is that I essentially "restarted" the car in the sense that I had removed the key from the ignition and gave up for a while. So if I had to give any advice, I would recommend this:

- If you have only one phone paired and that phone is now obsolete and you want to pair your new iPhone 3G S (OS 3.0), first delete the phone.
- Take they key out of the ignition (sounds silly, I know)
- Now put the key back in, put in Accessory (I) or ON (II) position and begin the pairing process.

I will still need to re-test receiving a call, but it's late here and I'm done fiddling with this today. If I have any success, I'll re-post.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:48 PM
4th Gear

Re-pairing my 3G S phone (OS 3.0) to my 2006 TL WORKED. I honestly didn't expect it to, but it did. I successfully received a call today and did not lose the audio.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:17 PM
2nd Gear

Other than the obvious issues mentioned above and in numerous other threads, has anyone had this issue?:

Since updating my iPhone 3G to OS 3.0, my 2009 TSX w/ tech will only SOMETIMES show the Caller ID # on the Multi-Informational Display in the dashboard. It is not selective based on caller, as my family members sometimes show up with their number, and sometimes the MID simply reads: "Incoming Call" with no phone number.

My main frustrations with Hands-Free Link:
1) Can't dial FROM iPhone and have the HFL automatically handle the call, nor will saying "Transfer" work
2) Caller ID numbers only display sometimes. Can't get it to repeatedly happen with same incoming caller.

Any ideas?!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Instructor

I'm now on a 3GS with OS 3.0 and still having problems. 2006 Acura TL. I get the same "call drops to phone when answering" issue. I also find that the Transfer command is unreliable, whether I ask the car to do it or I hit the button on the phone.

I'll try changing the ring mode as suggested. Otherwise I'm stumped. Has anyone attempted to have Acura flash a firmware update to the HFL (is there such a thing)?

Also, to SoCal2006TL, I've found that deleting a phone from the HFL leaves residual info in the HFL memory. The ONLY way I've been able to pair a phone and name the phone the same as the deleted phone, or something similar, is to do a full reset of the HFL which wipes the memory, and start from scratch. I've also had to resort to this when the HFL "crashes" while trying to pair a phone.

Bottom line, the HFL is a buggy piece of kit, unfortunately.