AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   Problems with iPhone 2.1 Upgrade and HFL (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/problems-iphone-2-1-upgrade-hfl-690139/)

smr2112 10-03-2008 01:48 PM

Problems with iPhone 2.1 Upgrade and HFL

Every since upgrading my iPhone recently to version 2.1, I can
no longer answer incoming calls with my 2004 TL. Anybody
else have this problem? It was working so beautifully before
2.1. I can make calls just find and everything else works OK.

Just when it rings, I answer, it doesn't connect to the phone and
I can't hear anything. This is the way my old Motorola behaved
back in 2004 when I first got the car.

timmahh 10-03-2008 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by smr2112 (Post 10053928)
Every since upgrading my iPhone recently to version 2.1, I can
no longer answer incoming calls with my 2004 TL. Anybody
else have this problem? It was working so beautifully before
2.1. I can make calls just find and everything else works OK.

Just when it rings, I answer, it doesn't connect to the phone and
I can't hear anything. This is the way my old Motorola behaved
back in 2004 when I first got the car.

I'm on 2.1 and it seems to be ok

mswol 10-03-2008 06:02 PM

same issue here... anyone have any clue how to fix... i hit the talk button and it wont pick up goes back to the radio

PlatinumAdonis 10-03-2008 09:57 PM

I have been having the same problem, I'll try to answer through the HFL and there will be a brief pause then it will go back to playing music. It doesn't hang up the call, I'll just have to go into the "sources" screen on the phone and transfer the call back to "iphone" and then back to "handsfree link". Also there's been a couple of times where I couldn't end a call when I wanted to. I literally had to ramble on a friend's voicemail for 2 min. because the end call button wasn't working and I couldn't get to my phone. I'm glad to know that it's most likely the update and not the HFL unit.

hidden72 10-06-2008 06:54 PM

I have the same problem here, 2006 5AT with Navigation. I can make calls okay, but when a call comes in and I hit the "answer" button on the steering wheel, the call gets lost. Worked great before the iPhone 2.1 software update. I had to completely un-pair the phone, and that's how things stand now. I'll try re-pairing when the next iPhone software revision comes out.

TriBruin 10-07-2008 09:01 PM

I am having the same issue. I have found that if I can't hear or talk after answering a call, I immediately hit the phone button again to force the HFL in to the menu mode. Then tap the hang-up button once to back out of menu mode. At that point either I am able to proceed with call normally (usually to to other person saying "hello?, Hello?, HELLO?") or the other person has hung up on me. :)

italian_spak 10-07-2008 09:32 PM

re

Same problem here, call gets lost when answering but to make calls its all good...gotta wait for the new update...hope they hurry up with it:wish:

holografique 10-07-2008 10:51 PM

no problem here.

try unpairing, reboot the phone, then repair.

mortifer 10-24-2008 07:55 AM

05 TL, same problem here - just in case someone is keeping track. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

holografique 10-25-2008 01:13 PM

if you're having the problem and you haven't already tried: RE-PAIR YOUR PHONE with the HFL. it usually fixes any issues.

I have 2.1 firmware running on my phone now for months with no issues with the HFL. I have an 06', which to my knowledge has the same HFL version/revision as the 04-05 models.

cheers.

pffpffpass 10-26-2008 05:34 PM

I have been having the same problems as well.. Pissed me off..

But I will try that fix today, see if that changes anything..

MVR 155 10-27-2008 09:52 AM

Running 2.1 here with no issues (07 Type S), Most issues can be solved by going through the pairing process again like holografique stated.

hidden72 10-29-2008 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by holografique (Post 10067174)
try unpairing, reboot the phone, then repair.

I've done that and still the exact same problem persists. I'll try it a few more times, but I don't think that will solve the problem. Is the HFL upgradeable?

nkoul_96 10-29-2008 10:16 PM

That is why I am staying on 2.0.

x rsx 2 env x 10-30-2008 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by holografique (Post 10123054)
if you're having the problem and you haven't already tried: RE-PAIR YOUR PHONE with the HFL. it usually fixes any issues.

I have 2.1 firmware running on my phone now for months with no issues with the HFL. I have an 06', which to my knowledge has the same HFL version/revision as the 04-05 models.

cheers.

2.1 has only been out just over a month lol.. released sept 12th, i haven't tried to pair my phone.. has anyone tried the original iphone and/or 3g?? i have both ill give the 3g a shot now to see what happends

dpaluszek 10-30-2008 11:11 AM

I don't have this issue on a 08 TL with my iPhone. I'm on the latest version of the iPhone also.

NedShneebly 10-30-2008 11:31 AM

Old problem with non-supported phones. Try setting the "in-coming preference" to ring, and not voice notification. Instead of the guy/girl saying "You have an incoming call", it does a really generic, non-annoying ring.

I had the same issue most of you are talking about with answering calls and this fixed it on my LG.

Acuralin 11-13-2008 09:56 PM

smr2112 - which firmware version you had before 2.1?

timmahh - pls tell the model of your car?

mswol - please tell me your car model and the phone firmware version as well

PlatinumAdonis - please tell me your car model and the phone firmware version as well

hidden72 - what is the firmware version your phone has?

TriBruin - please tell me your car model and the phone firmware version as well

holografique - please tell me your car model and the phone firmware version as well

mortifer - please tell me your car model and the phone firmware version as well

holografique - I have to admit you've got the same model and year of the car and cell and firmware, but mine doesnt work

pffpffpass - please tell me your car model and the phone firmware version as well

nkoul_96 - pls tell the model of your car?

MVR 155 11-14-2008 07:30 AM

Im brainstorming here so not sure if this would help but during my pairing process I had initial difficulties due to the wifi being enabled If your wifi is enabled, try switching it off as it could be causing your issue.

NedShneebly 11-14-2008 07:11 PM

just wondering if anyone tried changing the incoming call notification to 'ring', and wether or not it worked for you?

pffpffpass 11-15-2008 03:23 PM

I am still having problems with my 2.1 iphone, after I have repaired it.. This sucks..

Acuralin 11-15-2008 04:35 PM

Hey guys,

Your posts are useless if you don't specify the model of the car and the model + firmware of the (i)phone.
Please do so, this is the only way we can debug it.

Thanks.

Catalin

hidden72 11-16-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Acuralin (Post 10186053)
hidden72 - what is the firmware version your phone has?

Phone: iPhone 3G v2.1

Car: 2006 Acura TL NAVI 5AT

Description: Outgoing calls work properly though HFL. Incoming calls ring, but when I hit the answer button, the audio is not routed through the HFL.

History: iPhone releases 2.0.x worked properly with my vehicle - everything from the initial 2.0 version, as well as the 2.0.x patches that were released.

Any assistance would be great. Thanks!

ezrapon 11-16-2008 12:16 PM

05 nav, set to ring, wifi off... new 3g with 2.1...same problem. Called apple: reset, rebooted, and then repaired, no incoming calls. Old 1st generation iphone with 2.1 did work. Acura is replacing the HFL unit next week. Apple refuses to acknowledge a problem (surprise). I wonder if this is just an Acura HFL problem or are all bluetooth devices affected? Anyone using a bluetooth headset? If it only affects the TL, Apple will NEVER address the issue, not a large enough customer base. Yes, This sucks!!!!!

redman042 11-16-2008 03:15 PM

It works most of the time for me, but I have intermittent problems answering and frequent problems transferring calls. Seemed to be worse after the 2.1 update. Hoping 2.2 fixes it. I really believe it's an apple problem since their bluetooth stack is crippled and I read somewhere that anytime a manufacturer implements a modified bluetooth stack, there can be problems, especially with proprietary systems like the Acura link.

Phone: 3G iPhone with 2.1
Car: 2006 TL

MR1 11-16-2008 04:35 PM

3G 2.1 and 05TL here and no problems at all.
Try looking at phone screen when calls come in, you get a
choice of input/output methods.

pffpffpass 11-17-2008 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by hidden72 (Post 10192469)
Phone: iPhone 3G v2.1

Car: 2006 Acura TL NAVI 5AT

Description: Outgoing calls work properly though HFL. Incoming calls ring, but when I hit the answer button, the audio is not routed through the HFL.

History: iPhone releases 2.0.x worked properly with my vehicle - everything from the initial 2.0 version, as well as the 2.0.x patches that were released.

Any assistance would be great. Thanks!

Same exactly problems but my car is 04.. non nav

Acuralin 11-17-2008 06:14 PM

iphone 3G (16G) with FW 2.1
06 TL

For incoming calls only, HFL would not manage to handle the sound in the vehicle's speakers.

Solution:
Switched the HFL answer mode to the 'Prompt', everything is well thereafter except that the sound is very low and I need to turn the volume high (almost at maximum) to hear the guy I am speaking with.

Observations:
HFL with the incoming calls notification set to ring would drop completely the sound on incoming calls
HFL with the incoming calls notification set to 'No' would work but still drop the sound for incoming calls from time to time.

Note:
I read lots of reviews about iphone 3G (FW ver 2.0.X) working just fine with 06 TL but I could not possible downgrade my 1.2 into 2.0. I am getting the famous error 1013 followed by the phone being stuck in recovery mode.

Catalin

hamsey 11-17-2008 07:35 PM

Same problem here. Cannot answer incoming calls.
3g w/ 2.1fw 2005 TL. Calling Acura now. Will post if I get anywhere.

Norm

MITIA 11-18-2008 07:23 AM

3G iPhone, 1.2 on 06 RL

I am having the same problems with incoming calls with my 2 day old iPone 3G, 2.1 version.:annoyed: I have 2006 RL, 99% of incoming calls failed (sometimes it work but very unpredictable) to route the sound through HFL. The only way I can continue the conversation is to call for "transfer" to my iPhone. Call waiting works fine on incoming calls. The HFL support could not help me because all other phones (Moto razor and crazr work fine with the system). They told me this got to be 1.2 software update all other software worked well with HFL (they tested the previous versions). I have an appointment with Apple store tonight. I'll let you know the outcome.

MITIA 11-18-2008 07:55 AM

sorry, Guys. I meant 2.1 version in my message

Acuralin 11-18-2008 11:57 AM

I am anxious to see how ver 2.2 works (which is coming up this Friday I believe).

Catalin

ezrapon 11-19-2008 07:54 PM

switched back from my 3g to 1 g and answering problems have disappeared. Called Apple. They are aware of this problem with acura and other bluetooth cars. I am taking it back to apple for a replacement Saturday... will update then.

hidden72 11-21-2008 11:14 AM

2.2 is out now! I'm downloading it and will try it out once I'm back in my office.

hidden72 11-21-2008 04:06 PM

FIXED in 2.2!!!

I deleted the pairing, upgraded to 2.2, and re-paired and I can now answer calls. I only made one or two test calls, so I don't know if the thing is completely fixed now, but at least the original problem of not being able to answer calls has gone away!

Acuralin 11-21-2008 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by hidden72 (Post 10211749)
I deleted the pairing, upgraded to 2.2, and re-paired and I can now answer calls. I only made one or two test calls, so I don't know if the thing is completely fixed now, but at least the original problem of not being able to answer calls has gone away!

2.2 worked on mine as well.
But how about the sound in speakers?
The volume goes low only when the other party picks up (or I pick up if I am called), until then the volume is just fine.

Catalin

Acuralin 11-21-2008 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by MITIA (Post 10198603)
I am having the same problems with incoming calls with my 2 day old iPone 3G, 2.1 version.:annoyed: I have 2006 RL, 99% of incoming calls failed (sometimes it work but very unpredictable) to route the sound through HFL. The only way I can continue the conversation is to call for "transfer" to my iPhone. Call waiting works fine on incoming calls. The HFL support could not help me because all other phones (Moto razor and crazr work fine with the system). They told me this got to be 1.2 software update all other software worked well with HFL (they tested the previous versions). I have an appointment with Apple store tonight. I'll let you know the outcome.

Mitia,

I dont think it's the car.
Believe me, I read tons of reviews when the guys said 06 TL works just fine with iphone 3G FW ver 2.0 and other tons complaining about ver 2.1.
Moreover, ver 2.2 which just came out, fixes the issue on 06 TL. Still the volume is low in speakers, but at least HFL is able to route the sound properly.

catalin

ezrapon 11-23-2008 04:30 PM

The 2.2 update is a step in the right direction, but a long way from a fix. Incoming calls generate a horrible speaker buzz and must have volume all the way up to hear the call. Come on apple...get your shit together and fix this!!!! Might as well have Vista.

pffpffpass 11-24-2008 01:34 AM

Im about to get 2.2.. Im glad this bug was worked out.. But what now you cant hear them? That sucks..

hidden72 11-24-2008 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Acuralin (Post 10212436)
2.2 worked on mine as well.
But how about the sound in speakers?

So far I haven't noticed anything about sound levels, although I haven't used it that much yet. We'll see in the next couple of days, and I'll post here to let you know how it works out.

If you can't hear them, while you're on the bluetooth connection, use the volume-up button on the iPhone and turn that up first before turning up the volume on the car. I assume you just have a mis-match there. Turn that up in the iPhone while on a call and you should be good from there.