Problem about DVD-A

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem about DVD-A

I tried download an img file from internet contains the original Acura DVD-A that comes with the new car(previous owner lost that). i tried to burn it but the finish product wont work on the car. the DVD works fine with my PC, but it will only play 15s on each track within the car.

1. the img file is fine since i can play it with my pc on HDD or after burn it on DVD
2. i tried both memorex and fuji disc, they all the same
3. i burnt with 6X(lowest spd that my drive support)and 16X(highest support), and they turned out to be the same.
4. with burnt DVD disc, my car will play the reading track and cd quality track without any problem, but only play 15s on 5.1 channel tracks
5. i tried adobeman's software and burnt some mp3s into the dvd disc and it works fine

so can anyone help me with this? should i try to burn it with even lower spd on another computer(like 4x or 1x), or it is the problem of the car stereo.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Instructor

if it's an iso, it's gotta be encoded for DVD-A. It's essentially a DVD video with the 5.1 surround sound ripped out.

You may have to re-rip the ISO by putting the disc in and verifying that it is infact 5.1 surround sound. Use a DVD ripper that can create a copy of the disc and try again.

Also, i've been trying to find the sample Acura DVD but i can't find it anywhere.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geez. Is the sample DVD that precious? I have one. It just has some repetitions of a Doobie Bros song in different modes. I played with it once and threw it back in the glovebox. Maybe I should sell it
Old 05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
No. It's water marked.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/anyone-have-customer-dvd-tracks-stop-14sec-713564/

Also:

.... Ripping DVD-A to FLAC, WAV, etc and then playing via various progams (winamp, etc). Thats all fine and good if you want DVD-A surround quality but don't have a DVD-A compatable player. So you rip to 6-Channel FLAC and play it on your home system via winamp.

But again, that's not the point. If I have the 6-channel FLAC and want to play it in my DVD-A drive, it has to be reauthored. Lets say I do that (I will give it a shot), my assumption is the encryption (which, btw, is NOT CSS, but newer stonger standard), will still exist and a playback error will occur.

(The article below, confirms my guess on playback above )

if you are wanting to remove DVD-Audio Verance watermark protection, it cannot be done. not even clone should work you'll probably get a copy, of sorts, but the audio quality will have been downgraded to CD quality as per this article:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...nk&cd=10&gl=uk

the digital watermark protection technology is currently unbreakable & uncopyable, so don't expect a software upgrade any time soon!

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050706-5065.html

DVD audio encryption scheme defeated
By Ken Fisher | Published: July 06, 2005 - 08:47PM CT

We all know that encryption and DRM are the keys to a secure future, because they work flawlessly and keep away the miscreants. Or, not. Copy Protection for Pre-Recorded Media (CPPM for short) has been cracked. Following on the heels of the famous cracking of CSS, which is used to encrypt and region encode DVDs, the industry moved to CPPM for securing audio on DVD audio discs. And, as we have all come to expect, someone has found a workaround.

Defeating the encryption requires patching InterVideo’s WinDVD versions 5, 6, or 7, which then allows a user to direct audio data directly to unprotected .WAV files. The crack involves using the application's built-in DVD audio decryption support (you've got to decrypt it sooner or later), but it changes output to allow for storing the data stream in a recognizable format. That said, the crack isn't entirely complete.

The only caveat is that DVD-Audio’s Verance digital watermarking, embedded in the audio signal itself, cannot be removed. The Verance watermark contains seventy-two bits of data comprising four CCI (copy control information) bits and eight usage identifier bits every fifteen seconds plus sixty content identifier bits every thirty seconds – if a DVD-Audio player detects that an embedded watermark does not match that of a specific disc (in other words if ripped DVD-Audio content is burnt to a blank DVD-R disc using an authoring program such as DiscWelder BRONZE), the machine will halt playback after thirty seconds.

CPPM is a bit more robust than previous solutions, and future content protected by CPPM could have the playability by InterVideo’s WinDVD versions 5, 6 or 7 revoked, making the hack no longer usable. That said, all of the content released so far has been cracked, and we can expect to see further cracks in the future.

IOW -if you want a disk copy of a DVD-A, you're screwed.

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Yeah, I get what you're saying. But even if you get past the CPPM, which the article above implies you can, you still have the Watermark issue.

Re-reading that short article, it basically says, if you *re-burn* the ripped files, the Watermark still exists (since it's embedded within the files) and the new un-encrypted disk will play for a short time (30 secs) and then fail.

That is exactly what is happening with my copy, except it plays 15 seconds, then fails. Each track does exactly the same thing; this is true for Group 1 and Group 2.

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/disk-copy-dvd-698300/
Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Intermediate

ok thx.

but one more question, how do i change group with car stereo? i created multi group DVD disc but it will only play group 1 for me.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:00 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by fz409040422
ok thx.

but one more question, how do i change group with car stereo? i created multi group DVD disc but it will only play group 1 for me.
Pretty sure change groups by pressing SCAN and REPEAT buttons at the same time.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Pretty sure change groups by pressing SCAN and REPEAT buttons at the same time.
THX just found it with search(just found search button 10 min ago)
Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Intermediate

update:
i tried to use DVD audio extractor to conver the DVD-A image to Wav file(6 channel/48k/24bit), then recreat the DVD with discwelder, and burn it with alcohol. Wierdly, watermark on some of the tracks gone(can be played fully), but some were still there(plays only 14s still),dont know why = =b