Anyone have customer dvd-a tracks stop at 14sec?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have customer dvd-a tracks stop at 14sec?

I've made my own dvd-a discs, I used soundforges dvd-a author and I created the .iso image fine and then burned to dvd with no problems. It comes up quickly in the acura but each track stops at 14sec. On my computer it plays all the way through, anyone create custom dvd-a with this problem?
Old 03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had a few of those problems but I didn't even make my own, these were ISOs I had burned from a torrent.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

I wonder if our car somehow detects they are copies and stops the tracks, anyone else with more insight?
Old 03-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
it's not the car. if you play the dvd in a computer it will do the same thing. not sure why it happens but i just made another one and it was all ok.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Cruisin'

Hey Trew, can you msg me your process, maybe i'm missing something. I was thinking the same thing, how can the computer play it fine but the car stop at 14seconds.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The computer is probably playing the standard DVD track while the TL is reading the multi-track info & freezing.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Player compatibility
With the introduction of the DVD-Audio format, some kind of backward compatibility with existing DVD-Video players was desired, although not required. To address this, most DVD-Audio discs contain a Dolby Digital 5.1-channel audio track on the disc[2] (which can be downmixed to two channels for listeners with no surround sound setup). Some discs also include a native Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo, and even a DTS 96/24 5.1-channel, audio track.[3]
Because the DVD-Audio format is a member of the DVD family, a single disc can have multiple layers and even two sides that contain media. A common configuration includes a "DVD-Video" zone on a DVD-Audio formatted single sided disc. The high-resolution, multichannel audio losslessly encoded using MLP is only playable on DVD-Audio hardware but the DVD-Video zone, which can contain Dolby or DTS 5.1 mixes and even video makes the disc compatible with all DVD players. Other configurations include double layer DVDs (DVD-9) and two-sided discs (DVD-10, DVD-14 or DVD-18). Some labels are releasing DVD titles that are formatted as DVD-Audio on one side and DVD-Video on the other, the DualDisc being one such example.
There are some software players that support the playback of DVD-Audio discs, including WinDVD and PowerDVD.[4]ELS Surround is one of the few vehicle audio systems which can play DVD-A.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by NeXuS69
I've made my own dvd-a discs, I used soundforges dvd-a author and I created the .iso image fine and then burned to dvd with no problems. It comes up quickly in the acura but each track stops at 14sec. On my computer it plays all the way through, anyone create custom dvd-a with this problem?
It's either a bit read error or a flaw on the disc, probably the former. If you try fwd past the part it skips it will probably play, I don't think the unit buffers dvd-a's. I have this occur on specific songs at the same points.

PM adobeman.. he probably has a cure. Otherwise.. burn it again and see if it works.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Cruisin'

Ok so i've used adobeman method found on the forum to create the dvd-a. I used two different kind of medias and the dvd-a plays on all players except the car, it play for 14 seconds then stops. If i forward on the car a few seconds it plays again but again only for 14sec. What is with the 14 seconds? If I rewind, or forward when it stars playing it counts down to let only 14 seconds of play time. I even used the professional DiscWelder Chrome II program. It creates the DVD-A perfectly and still same situation.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Ok so i've used adobeman method found on the forum to create the dvd-a. I used two different kind of medias and the dvd-a plays on all players except the car, it play for 14 seconds then stops. If i forward on the car a few seconds it plays again but again only for 14sec. What is with the 14 seconds? If I rewind, or forward when it stars playing it counts down to let only 14 seconds of play time. I even used the professional DiscWelder Chrome II program. It creates the DVD-A perfectly and still same situation.
I missed that .. I thought you said 14 sec of a particular track not all the tracks. I bet your system is doing a track scan / scan. Do you have Navi?

Does your display say SCAN / TRACK SCAN? How about other disc's in the changer. Will it scan a CD the same way? I don't think it's the disc or the way you're authoring them. I think it's your head unit. When you play the DVD-A, press SCAN button / Track Scan Icon, and see if it will play normally.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Cruisin'

No scan isn't on. If I turn scan on it does it every 10sec to each track. The DVD-A stops at 14sec for each single track. Scan goes to the next track after only playing for 10sec. My DVD-A's stop at 14sec, the time is no longer displayed and it just stays silent on the track.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had it do the same thing to me when i downloaded the iso image of a commercial DVD-a Disk. I was told by a member that is a "watermark" that are on some commercial dvd-a's, and if you have a bootleg copy it will do that. Mine did the same thing, would play for about 14 seconds then the audio would stop but the time would keep going, i could ff a few seconds and it would play for 14 seconds then do the same thing. But i haven't had problems with DVD-a's i made using mp3's.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Did you rip the tracks you used from other dvd-a discs? If so then it is probably a watermark problem. I had the same problem in the TL using DVD Audio Solo. I was ripping the dolby tracks of my dvd-a discs and converting to 6ch wav before making a dvd-a disc, and had this problem. I emailed them and this was their reply:

You said that the song when it is played from the DVD-A disc, it plays only 15 seconds. It is probably that the audio file (the original source of the audio file) is protected with Verance watermarking. DVD-Audio player supporting the Verance watermark will stop playing the track when it detects the watermark

What program are you using to play the dvd-a disc on your computer? I use the creative dvd-a player it it has the same problem. Maybe the program you use on the pc doesn't check for watermarks. I am guessing that the TL does check.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Advanced

Sorry mrempp, didn't realize you had already mentioned the watermark problem. I started my reply before yours was posted but it takes me that long to type
Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Cruisin'

I just went ahead and ordered the DVD-a from metallica.com. I didn't realize it would have a watermark still. How is the watermark carried through multiple file conversions? The black album was available as a .flac 6ch file that I converted back to .wav 6ch.

Thanks again guys for your help!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Cruisin'

I guess they use Verance technology which is inserted within the music itself, no matter what file format it is. All DVD-A's and Blu-Rays are encoded this way.