"Please check your disc" - Can't Fix - Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Please check your disc" - Can't Fix - Please help!

I'm in the process of installing my new Dice module, and everything was going smoothly... until I reconnected the battery and turned the car on. I'm seeing a "Please check your disc" error, and nothing I do can get rid of it.

The problem? I bought this car ('06 Auto with Navi) used and the previous owner didn't provide the nav disc. I've been waiting for AcuraNavi.com to get it back in stock so I can order, but in the meantime I don't have a disc and don't have ready access to one. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the stereo working? I don't care if the nav doesn't work until I can order the disc, but can I at least get the stereo working?

I have the security codes and can enter them... if it would just prompt me for it. But all it will say is that screen with the "Please check your disc" message, and no matter what I press or hold, it won't go away.

Any ideas would be HUGELY appreciated!
Old 03-18-2019, 05:45 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calim
I'm in the process of installing my new Dice module, and everything was going smoothly... until I reconnected the battery and turned the car on. I'm seeing a "Please check your disc" error, and nothing I do can get rid of it.

The problem? I bought this car ('06 Auto with Navi) used and the previous owner didn't provide the nav disc. I've been waiting for AcuraNavi.com to get it back in stock so I can order, but in the meantime I don't have a disc and don't have ready access to one. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the stereo working? I don't care if the nav doesn't work until I can order the disc, but can I at least get the stereo working?

I have the security codes and can enter them... if it would just prompt me for it. But all it will say is that screen with the "Please check your disc" message, and no matter what I press or hold, it won't go away.

Any ideas would be HUGELY appreciated!
__________________________________________________ ______
I have the exact same problem! I have an '04 TL. Just bought the car used & no navi disc. Previous owner says the stereo did work, til his wife tried to put a CD in the CD player. Not so sure. Maybe she tried to put it in the ROM in the trunk? Idk... Just wondering if u were able to fix the problem? IDC about the navigation, just really want to be able to use the radio.