PC speakers sound better !

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PC speakers sound better !

Sorry, i know this has been discussed before. the 04 ELS speakers SUCK! its embarassing that my pc speakers sound much better. i have the logitech z-560 thx 4.1 speakers like this one.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...117369869&rd=1 W/ a sound blaster live audigy2 card, its's loud very clear, crisp and the bass hits louder/cleaner.

The bose speakers and clarion tweeters sounds better in my 99 Maxima for a stock setup. also w/ my ipod using the tape adapter in a 01 mecedes ML w/ a bose sounded better than cds from the cd changer, hiss from tape was very low, once the music flows its unoticeable, the best part it can handle the eq from the ipod into the speakers so the bass/sound would not distort.

Now when using the ipod/tape in the TL music easily distorts sub can not hit for for $h*% IMO the only time the music w/ ELS sounds best is in XM radio and jazz/classic music. The type of music i listen most is dance/trance hip hop/rap, usual station on XM is 20-23, 80-82.

Anyone notice the upcoming RL has the same dvd-a dts 5.1 but w/ bose? and we get some els i never heard of
I plan to upgrade the TL sytem w/ full MB quart speakers or Alpine, JL 8" or 10" w7 and JL amps. currently im waiting for a "aux" in solution for the ipod. i know right know fm modulation is the best source, but its still radio to my ears.

btw in my maxima i upgraded the full system to a pioneer deck mb quart fronts jl 6 1/2s, 2 jl 12' w6 and fosgate amps. oh how xm sounded beautiful that time. car is gone now but im selling the fosgate 2 channel amp, 2 jl 12' w6 w/ enclosed box, pioneer xm tuner included w/ a ip bus cable (not that the 04 owners need the tuner but if you have friends intrested pm me)
Old 09-16-2004, 05:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After a month and a 1/2 since i bought the car i changed my mind. My ears became accustomed to the sound system and i now enjoy the way the els performs. I discovered when i put the eq under "flat" in the ipod at the right volume using the tape adapter, the system sounds pretty good imo it sounds more clear then cds/xm (dvd-a is a different case). buuuut im still young and my youth demands more BASS so i decided im going to buy the JL 8" W7 (used for $200) w/ a JL amp, probably by next week. I also plan to have a custom enclosure done, I'll post up pics of the install

Btw for the owners that already have subs... do any of you guys have "headlight blinking"? does the capacitator completely remove that? i know the blinking is really bad for the hid's and did anyone use optima or stinger batteries?

well im happy now and thought i'll let you guys know what i think.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:04 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool! Glad to hear that you are recognizing the quality that the ELS system really does provide.

Be careful now ... being able to recognize good quality sound is the first step towards becoming an audiophile. Having a crack habit would probably be less expensive and less addictive!

No, the ELS system is not the best on the planet, but it is much better than most stock systems and way better than most after-market systems. It is lacking a bit on the high end, but it actually goes pretty deep on the low end. You should try listening to a CD (or DVD-A) with good bass extension while sitting in your garage and the engine off. The depth and quality of the bass comes out when it's not fighting with the road noise you get while driving.

Unfortunately, very few people know what live music is supposed to sound like anymore. Bass and treble are boosted to stupidly high levels by almost every band out there, whether they are rock & roll, rap, or even small, intimate jazz / blues bands. It's rare to find a club where they don't use amplification anymore - even where it isn't necessary.

BTW, Preservation Hall in New Orleans was great - no amplfication and awesome jazz talent.