Opening windows with keys

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Opening windows with keys

I cant seem to find it but on my TL i can OPEN the windows either by putting key in door or pressing and holding unlock button. But my question is can you close them by pushing lock? iv tried holding it and they dont go up. Maybe they dont. Just seems weird you can open them with remote but not lock?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nrp603
I cant seem to find it but on my TL i can OPEN the windows either by putting key in door or pressing and holding unlock button. But my question is can you close them by pushing lock? iv tried holding it and they dont go up. Maybe they dont. Just seems weird you can open them with remote but not lock?
Can't close them with remote, for safety reasons... You can't pinch someones hand or head while opening, closing is more dangerous according to Acura, I'm guessing they don't want you to close the windows while walking away and not looking at them.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Have to use the key to close them-I think it a safety thing but not 100% sure. Does the same thing with the TSX
Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Automatic cool-down

Love the roll-down feature from the remote- especially on days like we're having on the east coast today. The black TL gets pretty toasty when the thermometer hits the mid-90's.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Hold down unlock and it rolls down windows half way.

Only way to roll them back up is with the window switch in the car, safety issue. Riiight.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by imj0257
Hold down unlock and it rolls down windows half way.

Only way to roll them back up is with the window switch in the car, safety issue. Riiight.
The text in boldface is incorrect. You can insert the key into the driver's door lock, turn it left (towards the front of the car), and hold it there. The windows and sunroof will close. Note that the moonroof shade will remain open.

Also, if you hold down the "unlock" button on the remote the windows and sunroof will open all the way, not halfway, though if your finger slips off at all or otherwise fails to maintain full pressure they'll stop.

"PaulM9999" makes a great point about this feature being useful. My TL was at the dealer overnight and when I picked it up at around 1 PM today the TL's outside temperature gauge said 105°F, though in reality it was only about 98 or so. Opening all the windows for a bit makes it a lot more bearable when you first get into the car!

For many years, cars didn't have an "auto-up" feature (from inside the car) on any window except the driver's window due to safety concerns. Auto-reversing windows now mean that front-side passenger windows can have auto-up, but notice how the TL's back windows still do not have an auto-up capability. It's because some kids are so small that the auto-reversing feature might not detect little fingers or small heads, such that a small enough kid could still get hurt. That's also why you can't close all the windows using the remote. It's just another precaution.

Last edited by 1995hoo; 06-09-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
The text in boldface is incorrect. You can insert the key into the driver's door lock, turn it left (towards the front of the car), and hold it there. The windows and sunroof will close. Note that the moonroof shade will remain open.

Also, if you hold down the "unlock" button on the remote the windows and sunroof will open all the way, not halfway, though if your finger slips off at all or otherwise fails to maintain full pressure they'll stop.

"PaulM9999" makes a great point about this feature being useful. My TL was at the dealer overnight and when I picked it up at around 1 PM today the TL's outside temperature gauge said 105°F, though in reality it was only about 98 or so. Opening all the windows for a bit makes it a lot more bearable when you first get into the car!

For many years, cars didn't have an "auto-up" feature (from inside the car) on any window except the driver's window due to safety concerns. Auto-reversing windows now mean that front-side passenger windows can have auto-up, but notice how the TL's back windows still do not have an auto-up capability. It's because some kids are so small that the auto-reversing feature might not detect little fingers or small heads, such that a small enough kid could still get hurt. That's also why you can't close all the windows using the remote. It's just another precaution.
did not know that.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
just as others have said, roll up from the remote is not given to us from the factory for saftey concerns. However if you do want it, KP Technologies sells a module to enable it from the remote!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
Auto-reversing windows now mean that front-side passenger windows can have auto-up, but notice how the TL's back windows still do not have an auto-up capability. It's because some kids are so small that the auto-reversing feature might not detect little fingers or small heads, such that a small enough kid could still get hurt. That's also why you can't close all the windows using the remote. It's just another precaution.
we have the auto reverse function? like the Volkswagens? if your finger gets caught at the window it will roll back down.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
There is a way to put them up without any extra module. I used to have the viper smart start installed in my car. And I did not have any module besides the factory one in my car. And I could put my windows down with the factory remote. And up with the viper remote fob. But the viper remote fob would not bring them down. It's weird. Also when they go up it was like an inch at a time. I would have to press the lock button 20 times so they go all the way up. I took it to the installer and some how the alarm was overriding the safety system. So I'm
Guessing there must be away to override that module so they can go up with the factory remote. Kinda like comfort closure, if you leave your windows open and lock your car they will go up automatically. I know some cars that do that
Old 06-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
KP Roll Up mod FTW!!!

http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/17