The official is CSWBiggs going to Acurafest thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
The official is CSWBiggs going to Acurafest thread...

Sorry Jason, I had to. Not to pressure you or anything lol. We already have two of the best systems showing up, we need someone to show off the miracle box. No finger excuses.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Sorry Jason, I had to. Not to pressure you or anything lol. We already have two of the best systems showing up, we need someone to show off the miracle box. No finger excuses.
lol...

probably not...too busy lately...servers don't fix themselves automatically!
we shall see...

-Jason
Old 07-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CSWBiggs
lol...

probably not...too busy lately...servers don't fix themselves automatically!
we shall see...

-Jason
Jason, that is a way lame excuse
Old 07-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Pro

hahahaha...it's true...that's how I make money...

can't let the D.O.D...down...chico...you and I will have to meet up mang...i'm crazy interested in seeing...and of course hearing your system...how was this weekend guys?

-Jason
Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Team Owner

The weekend was great. I heard Chico and King of Pain's system. Totally awesome. Chico, let me know if there's any damage to the driver I stepped on and I'll pay for it.

I now need a CarPC and some new mids after hearing these. However I think the W6s in this enclosure can compete with the best of them.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Burning Brakes

The weekend was great. I heard Chico and King of Pain's system. Totally awesome. Chico, let me know if there's any damage to the driver I stepped on and I'll pay for it.

I now need a CarPC and some new mids after hearing these. However I think the W6s in this enclosure can compete with the best of them.
No worries, the pod and drive survived fine...the jason's bandpass will blow my sub set-up away...

I think there is going to be a an Iasco event in SoCal sometime Aug., I may shot down there if it is confirmed. I thought you worked in Car Audio, not DOD techy stuff.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ChicoOG
No worries, the pod and drive survived fine...the jason's bandpass will blow my sub set-up away...

I think there is going to be a an Iasco event in SoCal sometime Aug., I may shot down there if it is confirmed. I thought you worked in Car Audio, not DOD techy stuff.
i've spent the last couple of years doing car audio professionally...and have transitioned into Cisco Networking and MS Server management....I still do car audio a couple of days during the week to change it up a bit...hey if you're ever in so cal...pm me and conversely if i'm ever in nor cal...i'll PM you...i'm definitely interested in hearing your system and chatting with you....

what bandpass box did you hear?

-Jason

Trending Topics

Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I want to tell you my wife is pissed off at you guys. She thought I was done with my audio. Now I want to spend more money on it after listening to your audio systems. Thinking about going active, maybe a 3sixty or something else.

ChicoOG, Those Seas speakers are amazing for imaging.

I hate Cars, The sub box is magic. Sounds great. Get the rest done and you'll be good to go.

CWSBiggs, You know you're "system in the works" will be celebrating it's one year anniversary soon. Finish it before the mods close the thread
Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
i've spent the last couple of years doing car audio professionally...and have transitioned into Cisco Networking and MS Server management....I still do car audio a couple of days during the week to change it up a bit...hey if you're ever in so cal...pm me and conversely if i'm ever in nor cal...i'll PM you...i'm definitely interested in hearing your system and chatting with you....

-Jason
hows you hand feeling? Healing well?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by King of Pain
I want to tell you my wife is pissed off at you guys. She thought I was done with my audio. Now I want to spend more money on it after listening to your audio systems. Thinking about going active, maybe a 3sixty or something else.

I hate Cars, The sub box is magic. Sounds great. Get the rest done and you'll be good to go.

CWSBiggs, You know you're "system in the works" will be celebrating it's one year anniversary soon. Finish it before the mods close the thread
Ha ha. You want to hear a sad but true story? I went to get gas this morning and my card didn't work. When I checked into it, my bank put a hold on it for fraud protection due to all of the recent activity after the meet. Debt here I come.

You've inspired me to clean up my car. I made sure not to park next to you or Chico lol.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Team Owner

Oh, and I have to give credit where credit is due, I stole the design from CSW. He perfected it and his does sound better.

Another thing, I found the cause of the bass heaviness today. While I checked the crossover and didn't find anything, I discovered the bass boost on the amp was accidentally turned on.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Burning Brakes

-Jason
None, that was my main/only bitch about the meet. Very little listening of systems. I was able to listen to one other car. The "judges" (i.e. acura girls) didn't listen to any as far as I know. They picked the system with the most bling...

In my previous life, I did executive consulting work with CIO's of companies like Visa, Lockheed, 11th District Federal Reserve, etc... my partner had been the CIO for Xerox in his previous life. Don't ask me about technology though...our focus was performance enhancement of staff....

I may be down in SoCal in August of an Iasca Event. When I get more details, I'll let you know.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Team Owner

None, that was my main/only bitch about the meet. Very little listening of systems. I was able to listen to one other car. The "judges" (i.e. acura girls) didn't listen to any as far as I know. They picked the system with the most bling...

In my previous life, I did executive consulting work with CIO's of companies like Visa, Lockheed, 11th District Federal Reserve, etc... my partner had been the CIO for Xerox in his previous life. Don't ask me about technology though...our focus was performance enhancement of staff....

I may be down in SoCal in August of an Iasca Event. When I get more details, I'll let you know.
I agree, we should've been showing off the systems more but I think I got to hear the two best anyway. I meant to show you mine but when I moved everything around before the meet it went from very tight punchy bass to extra emphasis on the "rap" bass. I accidentally bumped the bass boost on the amp and didn't catch it until today.

I did get several laughs when I had some Michael Jackson cranked up with the windows up.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

i agree ChicoOG, me you, King of Pain and I hate cars were pretty much the only ones with system that would have competed. we should have all parked next to one another and compared SQ and had other unbiased judges listen.

next time we meet we'll just do that ChicoOG, i really liked your set up. you have top notch equipment. design by Simplicity Sound! im sure it sounded amazing. yeah i might agree that you would have spanked me one on one. you have two 12"s and some huge zapco amps i dont know how many drivers inside, certainly more than me. i have decent stuff, by no means kragen or pep boys audio equipment. JL HD amps, one 10" W7, focal KP2 mids, 3Sixty.2 not the very best but more than enough for me.

i think my system sounds awesome and so does everyone else who's heard it.
during the day my system has no "bling" what so ever. turn off the lights and its a different story. i am a rookie to stereo installs, this is only my second real build. i have alot to learn. at the end of the day im just a guy with some imagination, building skill, alot of tools and some time on his hands. i wanted to build a great sounding clean looking system. thats what i did.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think I wanted the Acura girls judging SQ or SPL anyway. They may have the same reponse as my wife does to my audio system, "Oh, That sounds nice dear, can you turn it down now". I could be wrong................but I doubt it!!! LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jptl04
i agree ChicoOG, me you, King of Pain and I hate cars were pretty much the only ones with system that would have competed. we should have all parked next to one another and compared SQ and had other unbiased judges listen.

next time we meet we'll just do that ChicoOG, i really liked your set up. you have top notch equipment. design by Simplicity Sound! im sure it sounded amazing. yeah i might agree that you would have spanked me one on one. you have two 12"s and some huge zapco amps i dont know how many drivers inside, certainly more than me. i have decent stuff, by no means kragen or pep boys audio equipment. JL HD amps, one 10" W7, focal KP2 mids, 3Sixty.2 not the very best but more than enough for me.

during the day my system has no "bling" what so ever. turn off the lights and its a different story. i am a rookie to stereo installs, this is only my second real build. i have alot to learn. at the end of the day im just a guy with some imagination, building skill, alot of tools and some time on his hands. i wanted to build a great sounding clean looking system. thats what i did.
I wanted to hear your setup. I think it was a little unclear as to what was being judged. I was confused, not knowing if it was SQ, SPL, bling, etc. Yours looked very nice and I was trying to sample everything I could to try and make a good decision on my next set of comps.

If mine wasn't so ugly looking I would've let more people hear it but it was embarassing popping the trunk when we had people like you, King of Pain, and Chico there. I'm happy I got to show King of Pain how it has virtually no excursion even at very high volumes. No one ever believes me when I tell them how little the subs move.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Pro

I wanted to hear your setup. I think it was a little unclear as to what was being judged. I was confused, not knowing if it was SQ, SPL, bling, etc. Yours looked very nice and I was trying to sample everything I could to try and make a good decision on my next set of comps.

If mine wasn't so ugly looking I would've let more people hear it but it was embarassing popping the trunk when we had people like you, King of Pain, and Chico there. I'm happy I got to show King of Pain how it has virtually no excursion even at very high volumes. No one ever believes me when I tell them how little the subs move.
damn..i missed out =(

no-one will ever believe you...untill they see it for themselves...the box took hours to design...with good cause...can't wait to get this one out of my garage...on a better note...tweeters are almost done...and my new box...is %40 done...argh...

hand is doin ok...almost full range of motion....another month or too and i'll be golden...we'll have to do a AZ car audio enthusiasts meet some time...get everyone who is an enthusiast and wants to focus more time on just their systems...thoughts?

-Jason
Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jptl04

I have to say, you are meticulous and your car is absolutely increadible. The execution of your creativity is insane. Can't even imagine the hours you put into it.

I'm a little intense when it comes to my system...top notch everything, master installer, and tuner. it needs some work in the 10hz, 100hz, and has a little too much timbre in the high mid range....I'm competing in an Iasca event this Sat. and we'll see if I get similar results as the last Iasca event.

There is a Iasca sponsored event Aug. 8th in SoCal. But, what you've got is probably good enough for 99% of the folks....

Like I said before, it was a great event, just had different expectations as to how the system eval was going to be handled...

See you at the next one
Old 07-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
I have to say, you are meticulous and your car is absolutely increadible. The execution of your creativity is insane. Can't even imagine the hours you put into it.

I'm a little intense when it comes to my system...top notch everything, master installer, and tuner. it needs some work in the 10hz, 100hz, and has a little too much timbre in the high mid range....I'm competing in an Iasca event this Sat. and we'll see if I get similar results as the last Iasca event.

There is a Iasca sponsored event Aug. 8th in SoCal. But, what you've got is probably good enough for 99% of the folks....

Like I said before, it was a great event, just had different expectations as to how the system eval was going to be handled...

See you at the next one
thanks for the words ChicoOG!

good luck this Sat. at the Iasca event, im sure you'll do well, make us proud
Old 07-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by King of Pain

hahaha...think KOP...ass =P

it'll get done...

in the persuit of goals...one does change their mind alot...

not to mention...i've spent too long messin with this shit to focus too much energy on it...work is more important...i assure you i'll complete it soon...I hope...

-Jason
Old 07-23-2009, 02:45 AM
Advanced

this weekend should be interesting...

i think i got three customer cars all in the rookie class :o dang...out of them, i dont think SQ wise, the other two is quite up at the same level as you but in the end, it does come down to the judge.

i guess with you being there, its just going to put my own car another place furhter down the field on the overall SQ category lol