Odd issue just started happening with my iSimple Gateway

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Odd issue just started happening with my iSimple Gateway

So it has been pretty cold here lately and that is pretty much the only thing I can think of that has changed but here's my issue.

Couple nights ago I was in the car listening to my iPod connected via the gateway. Lately the iSimple hasn't been charging my iPod and I'm not sure why. I do have the latest iOS update and it did charge for a time but now it doesn't. The other night though I turned on the car and was waiting for the radio to kick over the Aux1 and it never did. The iPod displayed a message that it wasn't compatible for charging with the cable (first time I had seen that message).

The radio never came on so I tried to cycle to AM/FM and then hit the XM button to get back into the gateway menu. The XM button stopped responding all together. I turned the car off and then on again and it came back on just fine. iPod still displayed that it couldn't charge but I was able to use the iPod in Aux1 mode again. It happened again yesterday and the same sequence got it back on. Not sure if my Gateway is going bad, the cable is going bad or if it is just the cold temperatures getting to it. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?