Need some front stage help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts
Need some front stage help

Matt (I hate cars)I know your out there Jerry I know your there too, and please do not hate on me going post amp with my signal.

Guys I am going with the KISS method on my setup. Here is my basic Idea of how I will upgrade my setup.

Stock HU (with upgraded opamps, mosfets and caps)-----> Stock amp (with upgraded caps)-------> Custom Victory Sonics 6ch tube amp------->???????

Okay the question marks include the equipment I have in my office awaiting install. PHD Italy 3-way component set (consisting of 6.5" midbass, 4" mids, 1" tweets and 3-way XO ) a single 8" audiomobile elite sub and 3 coax versions of the 4" mids I had made.

Here is my dilemma. Fitting the 4" coax in the center channel and the rear fill is not an issue. Same with the 1" tweets in the stock location, easy fitment. However the 6.5" midbass and 4" mid need to go somewhere......

Before I continue, I am not going to mod my 'A's. Jerry I am still considering having you mod my kicks, but I cannot get over relocating the hood release as I spend a lot of time under there BUT it is still an option.

Here is what I am looking at for options at this point:

Option 1. I put PHD Mid/Bass in doors and tweets in dash with a 2.2 uF cap and install aftermarket amps post OEM amp and call it a day.

Option 2. I put PHD Mid/Bass in doors, Mid somewhere else or in the door with the mid/bass, tweets in dash Run PHD 3-way XO and install aftermarket amps post OEM amp and call it a day.

Option 3. I put PHD Mid/Bass in doors, Mid somewhere else or in the door with the mid/bass, tweets in dash Run Some type of amazing 2-way XO and install aftermarket amps post OEM amp and call it a day.

I am hoping for option 2 and putting both the mid and midbass in the doors. I am looking for any guys out there who have knowledge and skill in our doors and squeezing stuff into them. I know Jerry has stuffed 9" midbass in our doors with minimal mods. Just want to get your guys cumulative knowledge.

Thank you all in advance!!!

Jesse
Old 12-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
First why PHD?
second, make up your mind

what kind of amp, what kind of dsp, sub stage,,, what are you plan on doing? I say go 3 way if you have the room and $... I will never go back downt to 2 way unless i really really have too do mid range and tweeter in the pillars like i did....
The following users liked this post:
C2CuSn07 TL (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Well PHD has an amazing sound and reputation (I anticipate you know this already if you compete). Then there is the added bonus of already having the gear. The amp will be a custom built Victory sonics Tube amp. I sold my Audison BitOne and decided to jut upgrade the components of the OEM HU and Amp then carry signal from OEM amp to the VS 6CH tube amp. My goal is a replacement of OEM speakers with a slightly improvement in output and SQ.

I am looking into stuffing mids in kicks but that will take some work and relocation of the hood release. Still not sure if I can stuff the mid and MB in the doors.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:31 AM
Instructor

Can anyone confirm the signal being sent to our OEM tweets from the OEM amp? Is it full range? I know the OEM tweet has a 2.2uF cap on it, would I need to toss on a 14-20uF cap on my PHD AF tweets to prevent injury to them?
Old 12-29-2015, 09:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by C2CuSn07 TL
Can anyone confirm the signal being sent to our OEM tweets from the OEM amp? Is it full range? I know the OEM tweet has a 2.2uF cap on it, would I need to toss on a 14-20uF cap on my PHD AF tweets to prevent injury to them?
Yes they receive a full signal so you will need to filter it.