Need Help Choosing Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
R.I.P. :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Choosing Speakers

Well i have a 06 TL and i just baught 2 12" alpine type r subs with an amp and now i am planning on getting new speakers for my car. If anyone has any suggestions on witch speakers would work well with the stock deck. Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Infinity 6.5" will bolt in and work well with the stock amp @ 2ohm. It's a nice upgrade over stock.

But... just like everyone told me when I was getting the Infinities, I would upgrade later. And I did. I highly suggest getting an amp to power mids/highs. It makes a huge difference in not only loudness but in quality. I'm running the ID ctx65cs which are a great speaker for the price. They blow the Infinities away and are close to the same price but I'm not sure your stock amp would push them.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:48 AM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I wouldnt try pushing any speaker that you spend decent money on with the stock amp.

As for speakers, the best way is to go to stores and listen. Everyones ears are different. You could be blown away by something that I might not be impressed by. Check out the local stereo shops, or higher end electronics stores (tweeter etc) and see what you like.

Then go home and buy them online for usually about 50% less than they wanted for them in the store
Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
walsh...time for you to get slapped in the face...lol...don't waste their times at a specialty store and than go buy them online...tisk tisk tisk...cheap bastard!!! Hope all your shit breaks and your cock rots off!

my advice...take a variety of your UNBURNED CD's and goto a store with intentions to buy what you like...walk in...and be like...this is what i wanna spend...show me what you have in this price range...everyone is entitled to their opinions...but this is what I've been doin for years man...and most people cannot tell what sounds good by quality...they judge by the speakers volume...and my word is by no means the final say...

gimme your budget, musical taste, and listening habits...soft,loud...or play it till my ears bleed...lol

-Jason
Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by CSWBiggs
walsh...time for you to get slapped in the face...lol...don't waste their times at a specialty store and than go buy them online...tisk tisk tisk...cheap bastard!!! Hope all your shit breaks and your cock rots off!

my advice...take a variety of your UNBURNED CD's and goto a store with intentions to buy what you like...walk in...and be like...this is what i wanna spend...show me what you have in this price range...everyone is entitled to their opinions...but this is what I've been doin for years man...and most people cannot tell what sounds good by quality...they judge by the speakers volume...and my word is by no means the final say...

gimme your budget, musical taste, and listening habits...soft,loud...or play it till my ears bleed...lol

-Jason
I see what you're saying. Waste the local guy's time and then buy online. I try and go to my local shop whenever I can afford to but I am guilty of shopping online sometimes. He's taken care of me for years and I know the internet has hurt his sales a lot. I bought my W6s from him and wasted $100 but it was worth it.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:12 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
^ I understand as well, and I too have a guy that I have delt with for over 15 years, and still will on most everything. When I went shopping for speakers he didnt have anything that I liked in the store. So I found myself in Tweeter checking out their speakers. The only ones that impressed me were $1200, I went home and found them for $600. had the numbers been even remotely close I would have bought them local in a heartbeat.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
front's
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6201

rears
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=5558

amp
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4736

Old 10-24-2008, 11:32 PM
R.I.P. :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CSWBiggs

-Jason
Alright my buget is a grand the most, i wanna go to a local shop that are pros because i want to be garanteed that i wont have problems with the speakers and subs in the future. I like to listen to RAP mostly usually i like it loud i keep my stock speaker volume at about 25 usually, so let me know what would be some good options for me i want speakers and a amp for the speakers.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eggy...all you do is recommend the same crap over and over to different people...you need to learn to be un-biased just because you bought that garbage!! rofl... learn to recommend product that will actually work for what they're trying to do...

Nyght Rhyder 786...

With musical tastes and habits listed...i would rec.

a) Power and Clarity for the fronts alone...$1k
Front Door's - JL Audio C5 Component setup...499.95
Amp - PDX-2.150...399.95
Misc - Dynamat and Install Materials..100

b) Loud and Efficient Speakers...All Four Corners Done...<$1100 - Best Bang For the Buck
Front Door's - JL VR650CSi's...299.95
Rear Deck - JL VR650CXi's...189.95
Amplifier - Alpine PDX4.100...499.95
misc - Dynamat and install materials...150

any further questions please feel free to ask...

-Jason
Old 10-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
image dynamics and alpine are garbage?

fronts
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...dium+6.2i.html

rears
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=18761

i like the pioneers alot..get loud..sound nice and smooth..

this amp
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16927