Need bluetooth phone recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need bluetooth phone recommendation

I am looking for a new bluetooth phone. Any provider will do. Is there one phone that lots of people get for the TL? Anything extremely popular?

I would prefer a clamshell.

I know the preferences are kinda general - but I would like to be able to go through a wide selection and choices.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 10:23 AM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Get a RAZR V3 with any provider they work good with the TL. You can ge t it free, it's a cool phone and works great. go to group buy section to see Bimmer88's posting. He gives it free on T-Mobile.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I recommend the Motorola E815. Great phone, pairs seamlessly with the Bluetooth in the TL and it has a ton of excellent, usable features.

I'd stay away from the RAZR right now because I've heard of some software problems with them. Also, my friend had a RAZR and she traded it in for an E815 because she liked mine better and hers was awkward to talk on due to its disfunctional shape.

BTW, my carrier is Verizon.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 AM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sclass88
I recommend the Motorola E815. Great phone, pairs seamlessly with the Bluetooth in the TL and it has a ton of excellent, usable features.

I'd stay away from the RAZR right now because I've heard of some software problems with them. Also, my friend had a RAZR and she traded it in for an E815 because she liked mine better and hers was awkward to talk on due to its disfunctional shape.

BTW, my carrier is Verizon.

What software problems? I know at least 10 people using it and nobody have had any problems. It is out for more than a year now and do not think there are ny problems except it does not show battery meter in MID.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I think Sony Ericsson's work VERY well with the TL...
Old 02-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JoganJani
Get a RAZR V3 with any provider they work good with the TL. You can ge t it free, it's a cool phone and works great. go to group buy section to see Bimmer88's posting. He gives it free on T-Mobile.
Ugh! Great LOOKING phone. It works well with the TL. I have a Motorola V600, which is functionally identical to the RAZR. The address book on that phone leaves a lot to be desired. One name=one number. Since many of my friends and colleagues have multiple phones, I have have to scroll through them when looking them up.

SonyEricsson phones pair up easily and have a much better way of organizing the contact info.

I currently use a Treo650 with my TL's HFL and it works great.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What software problems? I know at least 10 people using it and nobody have had any problems. It is out for more than a year now and do not think there are ny problems except it does not show battery meter in MID.
I'm speaking specifically of the Verizon RAZR. I don't know about those from Cingular but the Verizon RAZR's had firmware and software problems in the beginning but I'm not sure if they have been solved.

To me, the RAZR is a cool looking phone but it looks like it will break easily because it is so thin.

Trending Topics

Old 02-02-2006, 08:37 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Sclass88
I'm speaking specifically of the Verizon RAZR. I don't know about those from Cingular but the Verizon RAZR's had firmware and software problems in the beginning but I'm not sure if they have been solved.

To me, the RAZR is a cool looking phone but it looks like it will break easily because it is so thin.
FWIW, Consumer Reports rated the Motorola E815 the number one phone for Verizon users. I've since gotten this phone for my wife and it works perfect in our TL.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
I go through a new cell phone every year. So far, here is the list of phones I've had:
  • Nokia 6190
  • Nokia 8290
  • Sony Ericsson T68i
  • Sony Ericsson T610
  • Motorola V551
  • Sony Ericsson S710a
I am a high tech kinda guy, and from my experiences, I prefer Sony Ericsson phones. They make highly advanced phones that work well and very user friendly. The downside to them is that their reception isn't as great as some other brands (Samsung for instance). This is because most Sony Ericsson phones have internal antennas. But, their phones are more reliable and intuitive to use than Motorolas IMO. Sony Ericsson was one of the first companies that started integrating bluetooth into their cell phones, so that technology is fairly stable. My S710a pairs fine with my TL and all indicators (battery, reception, caller ID) work correctly. Just my .
Old 02-03-2006, 03:24 AM
8th Gear

I loved the nokia 7610 with my TL. no signal strength nor battery strength in the MID but as long as I have the bluetooth on on the phone, i never had to think about it. I ride my car it is connected, I get off, it eventually disconnects.it broke though and my wife gave me the SonyEricsson p910i and it is a great phone. however, i have to manually connect it everytime (sometimes I have to try it 3 times) and if I make a call it disconnects and the sound defaults to the phone only. so this phone, though nice, sux with the TL. Hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ddg874
...my wife gave me the SonyEricsson p910i and it is a great phone. however, i have to manually connect it everytime (sometimes I have to try it 3 times) and if I make a call it disconnects and the sound defaults to the phone only.
Interesting... with the S710a, I just have to turn on bluetooth and the TL will detect and pair with the phone in a few seconds. The P910 is suppose to be a higher end phone than the S710a, so ddg874 I would make sure you paired the phones correctly and then try to turn on bluetooth on the phone and see if it auto connects with the TL.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:44 AM
8th Gear

usually. the higher end the phone the better it is. but not in this case. but, I will delete the pairing and try again.

Question: Can you also make call form the steering wheel button? I noticed that if I want to do this, the phone disconnects the p910i. The phone then prompts me whether to keep the call in the phone or the handsfree. I hit handsfree and it keeps it in the phone anyway . If I hit phone, it goes to the phone (wow!). SE p910i with TL kinda sux. But SE has the best sound out there, I think.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:21 AM
2nd Gear

Verizon with RAZR sucks in my TL. Wind tunnel effect.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ddg874
Can you also make call form the steering wheel button? I noticed that if I want to do this, the phone disconnects the p910i...
Are you referring to voice dialing? Yea, I can say "Dial 123 456 7890" and it works fine with no disconnections. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised when the HFL did not drop the connection after I turned off the engine (don't remember if I also pulled the key out).

I've read about problems with the S710a with the 04 TLs. I guess Acura made some bluetooth improvements since then, because the phone has been working fine for me .
Old 02-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Racer

There are two of us on here that are complaining about a call waiting issue with the RAZR V3. My last phone, a Sony Ericsson was absolutely perfect. It paired great, showed the signal strengh and battery life and no one complained about the sound through the handsfree speaker phone.