Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
So for each version of navi updates there has to be a specific crack for it or are we hacking in the computer's ram drive?

then we constantly use the burned hack disk?

has anybody done the new version v3.C0?
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no one?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Banned

What about Version 3.30F??
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zeezz
yes! worked!

confirmed working with 3.30f version, 3.40 trip computer and navi hack provided by kennyc, and custom boot image.

i'm happy.

easiest way to do it with CEBin if you don't have 3.4 or 3.5:

put CEBin, the bin file to patch, and the three files you want replaced (back.bmp, navi.exe, hmimanager.exe).

make a text file with the following (replace BN2HH12C if needed, this is for 3.30 fversion)

image BN2HH12C.BIN
replaceFile navi.exe C:\navihack\navi.exe
replaceFile Back.bmp C:\navihack\Back.bmp
replaceFile HMIManager.exe C:\navihack\HMIManager.exe

you have to replace the filenames (C:\ whatever) with your own. Then run CEBin from the command prompt:

cebin yourfile.txt -s tempfile.bin

then rename this file to the original image name, put it with the loader on a disc, and burn away as detailed in the other posts.
I am an idiot...

Who here can provide a detalied explaination for v3.30F?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Sorry, guys. I been off the site for a while.

Originally Posted by Shacho
dwb993,
I understand the procedure for reverting it back to factory standards. How do I go about maintaining the new splash screen when reloading the OEM disc. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my questions.
You should be able to load your new image, pop out the hack CD, insert the OEM disk and be good to go. (Note you just insert the OEM disk---do NOT repeat the 3 finger salute process.) The splash screen is stored in the ROM of the Navi unit itself. The maps are why you still need the OEM disk.

Official Disclaimer: I own an 06 which uses the Orange disk (v3.xx). I was able to successfully change my GF's 06 Accord White Disk v4.62. YMMV

Originally Posted by blueracer17
I am not throwing my hack disk away in case I have issues later.
I save all of my ISO files with descriptions so I can burn them later. I also keep my hack CD in my center console for convenience.

Originally Posted by blueracer17
Here is a link to my ISO file for my navi hack. It works with my 3.B0 and Bruce Banner used it to hack his 3.5 as well. This is for BN2HH12C. BIN loader, so if you have the other, this will not work. Take this file and burn it with image burner (write file to disk). It has the trip computer, nag screen delete, AC controls, and a new greeting image (very simple non-offensive acura emblem with carbon fiber background). If you have BN2HH12C. BIN loader, this is the easiest way to do the hack for the orange disk 3.B0 and 3.5 (for sure, might work with others as well).

rapidshare.com/files/1271744417/Navi%20Hack.iso
This link still works. Make sure you add the "www." to the beginning. However, I have not tried blueracer's file personally.

Originally Posted by Wacker
I finally effing got it to work for the newest 3.B0 orange disk!! Apparently the nag screen (ok button) hack isnt compatable. I used this walkthrough doing it the old fashioned way with a command prompt leaving out the nag hack.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ck+walkthrough

Damn I feel better now....
??? My 2012 OEM disk works fine with the 3.90 hacks. Both new screen image AND OK button gone. Did you use blueracer's file posted above?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by TerpNation
So for each version of navi updates there has to be a specific crack for it or are we hacking in the computer's ram drive?

then we constantly use the burned hack disk?

has anybody done the new version v3.C0?
Versioning does matter, both in the v3.xx Orange and v4.xx White as well as within each group (v3.30, v3.60, etc). The hacks themselves are being applied to the ROM of the Navi unit. You apply them via burned CD, then remove the CD and re-insert the OEM disk.
Specific instructions for 3.30 are posted, but I'm not sure if the file links are still active.

I am an idiot...

Who here can provide a detalied explaination for v3.30F?
You just did!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dwb993
Specific instructions for 3.30 are posted, but I'm not sure if the file links are still active.

Where are the specific instructions for 3.30? On the first page? I can't find it. Can you kindly please post it.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:07 PM
:what:

Received 348 Likes on 249 Posts
Where are the specific instructions for 3.30? On the first page? I can't find it. Can you kindly please post it.
You really need to read. I already told you that the instructions are all the same for all versions. YES THE FIRST PAGE AND IN EVERY OTHER HACK THREAD. You will just need to use the correct file for your version. You need to walk away right now if you cant understand this.
The following users liked this post:
TerpNation (09-18-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Banned

You really need to read. I already told you that the instructions are all the same for all versions. YES THE FIRST PAGE AND IN EVERY OTHER HACK THREAD. You will just need to use the correct file for your version. You need to walk away right now if you cant understand this.

ok, ok so kennyc version 3.40c will work on 3.30f.

The links on first page are dead.

The other hack threads i can't seem to find them after doing a search.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned

ok, ok so kennyc version 3.40c will work on 3.30f.

The links on first page are dead.

The other hack threads i can't seem to find them after doing a search.
***Can't seem to find working links

They are all dead.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ¿GotJazz?
GatorDave - Unfortunately, your solution did not seem to work for my Version 3.80 Navi disk.

But, there's good news:

For those of you who have a Version 3.80 (Orange) Navi DVD with a bootloaded
BN2HH12C.BIN (required!) file, I can provide 2 solutions for you:

1. An ISO image: http://www.filedropper.com/hacked380naviiso
  2. Or, if you want to change your wallpaper, you can use the 3 files in this archive: http://www.filedropper.com/380naviandtripcomputer
For option 1, just unzip, and burn the ISO image to a blank CD. Follow the instructions found in the original post under "How to load my custom bin back into the car?".

For option 2:
  1. Format your desired wallpaper to an 8-bit Windows BMP scaled to 480x234 (Check in other postings about size restrictions).
  2. Then, run the dumpnavi.exe program
  3. For the bootloader file, select the attached BN2HH12C.BIN file.
  4. Enable "Modify Bitmap", and select your wallpaper.
  5. Disable "Modify Nag Screen" (It is already modified).
  6. Press "Modify", and (hopefully) you're good to go.
  7. Create an ISO CD that just contains the BN2HH12C.BIN and BN2HHMLD.BIN files.
  8. Follow the instructions found in the original post under "How to load my custom bin back into the car?".
  9. Good Luck!
Note: Credit for the above hacked files goes to bibo136.

Now, the "Not-so-good-news" (for me):

While this hacked Navi does add A/C controls on the Navi screen, they are useless for me. The A/C controls are only for Manual control, and don't contain any functionality to support the Automatic A/C controls. I was hoping for something that would display the Automatic temperature, and display the same information shown on the small white information display above the Navi screen. I guess I will have to purchase a replacement screen someday (and, fork over about $400 in the process). Sigh.

HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS FILES?

http://www.filedropper.com/hacked380naviiso

Its redirects me to filedropper.com and CANT DOWNLOAD THE FILE...

Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
***Can't seem to find working links

They are all dead.
My link somehow got corrupted, didn't know until I just checked today. Working again now...

http://tournamentclock.com/index_files/acuranavmod.htm
TerpNation (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Banned

what do i do now? I can't figure it out. my iq is at 53.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Intermediate

it's all in the first post of this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604912

if you download my completed BNHH401A.BIN then all you need to do is follow the instructions from that first post, which says this (except I burned all the files to the CD, not just the two in step 1):

How to load my custom bin back into the car?
1. Burn your custom bin (BNHH401a.BIN) and the loader (BN2HHMLD.BIN) onto a blank CD.
2. Go to your car.
3. Turn your car's ignition to ACC
4. Open the trunk and pop out the NAVI disk (if it's in there)
5. Insert your newly burned CD.
6. Go back to the driver seat, the display will show some dvd read error, now press and hold "GUIDE" "MENU" and "CANCEL" for approx 5 seconds to bring up the diagnostic menu.
7. Wait another 5 seconds to let it load up completely. Press "version" button on the screen
8. Press "LOAD DISC" to load your custom bin into the navigation.
9. Wait until it's completely done and it will then display another error message about can't read the navi dvd, now take out your bin CD and insert your Navigation disc and you are done!

Also look for my other posts as I had problems actually getting it properly burned to disk, but finally got it right.
TerpNation (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Life Connoisseur

Received 131 Likes on 96 Posts
Read ... I've been reading up on it for a few days now and will attempt it when I have a full understanding.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:12 PM
6th Gear

Hello,

Two questions:
1)
I have same problems mentioned here: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/navigation-clock-voice-command-problems-help-2006-tl-navi-760779/
Will maintaining the hacks solve the problems?

2)
The step that says burn to blank cd... is it any cd (and not dvd)? burn at what speed (does it matter)? what software (does it matter)?

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:36 PM

1) You don't "maintain" a hack. You do it once. There are many issues discussed in that thread. Which ones are you referring to? In order to have the latest maps, you need the latest cd. Period.

2) I used a cd-r and it worked fine for me. I used IMGburn. It's free. I never messed with write speed. I just let it burn on the default speed. Just burn it as an ISO image.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
6th Gear

Thanks for quick reply. My issues on my 2005 Acura TL (bought it used):
1) clock doesn't sync from navi clock (navi clock is correct, dash is not)
2) navi is silent (I tried volume all the way up, down, female or male -- nothing)
3) displays "H" Honda logo before I have to press [OK] at "nag screen"

DVD in trunk is v3.30F orange. Radio works. Voice commands works.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:54 PM

You need the newer disk. Disconnecting the battery for an hour or two will sometimes make the clocks sync.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:04 PM
6th Gear

I see, so doing this "hack" will not fix the problems?
Curious, why do I need newer disk?
Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM

The hack only unlocks hidden features and allows some customization to the interface. You need a disk for two reasons. 1) Your disk is older than the system in your car and I believe causing you some backwards comparability problems. 2) the maps are actually stored on the disk instead of a hard drive. To get updated maps, you have to purchase the new disk.

I had the exact same problem as you at one time. I bought my car without a disk. I bought an old honda disk out of the black market section (just to see if the unit worked before I dropped too much $$ on it) I ha the same issues in my 06 with an 04 disk that you are. I caught the disk on sale for $99 and all my issues went away. I have a thread in here about it somewhere.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Having huge problems making this hack work. 3.50 orange Navi disk 2006 TL. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Cruisin'

Or you can just save time and not stress about "hacking it" by just buying the 2013 navi disk for $150. To some people its too expensive, I think its to expensive to, but its worth the money in my opinion.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by David Alexandru
Or you can just save time and not stress about "hacking it" by just buying the 2013 navi disk for $150. To some people its too expensive, I think its to expensive to, but its worth the money in my opinion.
Are you saying the latest version doesn't have the annoying warning message screen? And that you no longer have to hit 'OK' every time? And that you can customize the picture that comes up at the beginning? And you can access the extra menu items? If so, count me in!

You do know the hack has nothing to do with stealing free updated maps, right?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by David Alexandru
You have no idea what you are talking about. And by the way, learn the difference between to and too.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dwb993

Originally Posted by AdamNJ
Can anyone tell me if you are able to hack the 2012 orange disk to remove the OK button? I am still using the original orange disk that originally came with my 2005 TL which I've did the "AD free" ok button hack long ago. I think it is time for an updated map, but I can't go back to having to press OK every time I start my car up.

Also if it can be done but the procedure has changed, please direct me for more info.
yes, the hacks work with the latest Orange disk.
Has anyone been able to make an "AD free" hack for the 3.B0 disc? I downloaded blueracer17's iso/files, and while it does remove the OK button nag, "AD" still shows in the bottom left corner. Has anyone been able to remove it, if so, how?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 PM

I was able to get everything except the ok button removal to work on my 3.B0. I understand that is not the norm, but when I did the ok nag removal it would just get stuck in boot loop.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

I was able to get everything except the ok button removal to work on my 3.B0. I understand that is not the norm, but when I did the ok nag removal it would just get stuck in boot loop.
Blueracer's files will work to remove the nag screen and ok button requirement. You can then still update the splash screen image to whatever you want and reburn it.

I've tried all the old methods that used to work on the only 3.40C disc, but because the navi.eve file has changed from 7 years ago, the changes won't work. All the hex positions to change don't match the previously expected value as per: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/ok-bypass-ad-free-edit-everything-606184/. And the other patch file for "AD-free" from: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146686 doesn't work either because again the positions it modifies are different. In fact it did not get rid of the nag screen or change it's text.

I also tried using my old hack CD for my 3.40C disc (after I had sent my navi unit in for service to Alpine, it started using the BN2HH12C file), it loads into the system fine, but once I put the new navi disc in it reloads off the new dvd, likely because the D-Ram/Disc version is different (goes from 1.1 on my old to 1.5 on the new 3.B0).

So for now I am stuck with what blueracer posted, no OK button, but still says "AD", which I would like removed.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 PM

Blueracer's files he posted were for the wrong bin files. I did however pm with him and used the same procedure he did with my bin files and still never could get the ok nag removed. I did however update the boot image and get the trip computer etc..
Old 11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Intermediate

I've got version 3.60C I downloaded the "DumpNavi" on page 1 and followed these instructions " http://www.linuxkiddies.com/projects/navi/ " up till I select my BIN file for my car, which is the "BNHH401A" and selected an image to use and to selected to modify the nag screen and when I click the modify button, it tells me that my car's nag screen cannot be modified. I believe I'm following the steps correctly. Does anyone know how to extract the files from the BIN to edit them?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gentrysd
I've got version 3.60C I downloaded the "DumpNavi" on page 1 and followed these instructions " http://www.linuxkiddies.com/projects/navi/ " up till I select my BIN file for my car, which is the "BNHH401A" and selected an image to use and to selected to modify the nag screen and when I click the modify button, it tells me that my car's nag screen cannot be modified. I believe I'm following the steps correctly. Does anyone know how to extract the files from the BIN to edit them?
not wishing to hijack your question, but did you try my ready made BNHH401A file yet:

http://tournamentclock.com/index_files/acuranavmod.htm
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Intermediate

You're good. I guess I don't really get what your version is. I saw your post and downloaded both of the links from your page.... I did that and tried to go back to page 1 of the thread and follow the steps like you said. Sorry if I just made myself hit newb status. haha. So do I just need to burn your ready made BNHH401A file to a CD and use it? (I know that's probably a rhetorical question but I just want to make sure.)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM

You're good. I guess I don't really get what your version is. I saw your post and downloaded both of the links from your page.... I did that and tried to go back to page 1 of the thread and follow the steps like you said. Sorry if I just made myself hit newb status. haha. So do I just need to burn your ready made BNHH401A file to a CD and use it? (I know that's probably a rhetorical question but I just want to make sure.)
Correct. That BIN file and the boot loader file.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Intermediate

correct (what Wacker said above). Mine is 3.40c so hopefully that will work. So just follow the steps in the first post, but assume you have already created the BNHH401A with all the patches applied.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Blueracer's files he posted were for the wrong bin files. I did however pm with him and used the same procedure he did with my bin files and still never could get the ok nag removed. I did however update the boot image and get the trip computer etc..
My 05 TL with a drive that has been serviced by alpine uses BN2HH12C, which is the file that blueracer posted, they work for me.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Intermediate

Not that this is a big deal but you have any tips on how I can change the load image if I can't get the DumpNavi program to work? But anyway, back to the main goal... So just to make sure I'm not over thinking this. All I need to do is download your ready made files, burn them to a disc and follow the rest of the steps on page 1?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Intermediate

Not that this is a big deal but you have any tips on how I can change the load image if I can't get the DumpNavi program to work? But anyway, back to the main goal... So just to make sure I'm not over thinking this. All I need to do is download your ready made files, burn them to a disc and follow the rest of the steps on page 1?
Right, you only need my second link for now, the one that has the complete patch. It's a nice generic 'TL' tech looking splash so you might be fine with that. Otherwise you'll need to follow more of the steps in post 1.

Don't sweat it too much, you can't 'damage' anything, if it doesn't work you just reload the OEM disk and you are back to normal.

So, burn my BIN file, along with the other .bin files to a CD (look for my other posts on issues I had doing the burn to disk). You only need to burn one of the other .bin files (can't remember which, it's in the instructions), but I copied the whole lot to the disk, just replacing the original BNHH401A with my new BNHH401A.

good luck.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Intermediate

Ok, so I went back in the thread and found where you burnt the disc at 10x speed and in format ISO 9660. I've tried to figure out if you need to do it on a CD-R, DVD-R.... or whatever. I saw where someone else suggested downloading Nero Burning Software to do the burn. I tried it and the only option that I could find for it to do, was the UDF, (if that's even compared to ISO format) I tried to do the burn and followed the steps but to no avail. Nav told me there was an error in reading the disc. What did you do for the burn, in terms of CD-R and what program to burn the disc?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Intermediate

Ok, so I went back in the thread and found where you burnt the disc at 10x speed and in format ISO 9660. I've tried to figure out if you need to do it on a CD-R, DVD-R.... or whatever. I saw where someone else suggested downloading Nero Burning Software to do the burn. I tried it and the only option that I could find for it to do, was the UDF, (if that's even compared to ISO format) I tried to do the burn and followed the steps but to no avail. Nav told me there was an error in reading the disc. What did you do for the burn, in terms of CD-R and what program to burn the disc?
I can't remember what s/w I used, but I see mention in this thread that others had success with 'imgburn'. I think it was a CD-R, and in this thread others had used that too.

It was definitely a CD, not a DVD, and ISO 9660. I originally had issues because I would try to re-use a rewritable disk, but it would create a new session, or wouldn't properly reset session 1. It worked when I used a new CD, then it was always a clean session 1.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Intermediate

Ok...... So I burned the disc successfully and my car will recognize and says it's loading the file and when it goes to reboot, I see the new loading image, (which is awesome because it's the one I was wanting) then I get to the error screen and eject my bin disc and insert the navigation disc, (just like it says on page 1) but it auto loads the navigation's bin file and replaces what I just did with mine. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal