Navi screen frozen-need your help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Navi screen frozen-need your help!!

Hey Guys,
been on acurazine a while and its really inspired me to work on my car and i love it even more because of your guys but i really need your help :S
i got a 2005 acura TL base.
i did the non-navi to navi mod on my ride over the past summer.
it was working perfectly and everything, not a glitch
i also did the hack to have your own image on startup a lil later.
that was it!!

i left the country for like 2 and a half weeks and i disconnected my battery. I thought itd be ok.
i came back and reconnected the battery and i do have the codes and everything for the navi and my radio but i am not able to enter the code. Like when i push the number or delete or enter, it doesnt do anything and eventually, the screen goes black and its unresponsive.
Like 2-3 times after that in the sense that i would drive around and do what i had to do and then 2-3 trips later, i was able to punch the numbers in and then the warning screen came one and then the ok button came and i wasnt able to punch that in either. So that lasted 2-3 times as well and then i decided to unplug the battery and clean up the terminals and as well, clean up the NAV disc and everthing as well.
So when i reconnected the battery, i thought it would at least take me to the warning screen after i punch in the code but now, again, i am not able to punch in the code and its been 3-4 times now. Im getting kinda anxious.

On top of that, both times, i just punched the radio code and it was followed by the loud beep indicating that it was accepted but i cant see the radio station on the top console where the "air conditioner" display is as well. At most, ill have the time and the ac settings visible.

Could you guys please lemme know what i should do to try and resolve this issue. Been searching the forum as well and came across a post that it takes a while after a battery disconnect for the navi to become responsive and has been noticed in acuras. that is why im just goin with it and seeing if it fixes itself.

Is there any method to restart or go to a diagnostic menu of some sort to reboot it or anything related to that??

I hope you all can help.
*fingers crossed*
Old 09-15-2010, 06:55 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My advice to you is to wait for a little while until you are able to enter the codes again. Does the radio work? Can you hear music? How long has it been since this problem started? Next time, don't disconnect the battery.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

hey,
thanks for the reply.
At this point, all im doin is waiting and hoping it does work sooner rather than later.
Yes, the radio does work and i can hear the music but for example, i know my preset 1 is 103.5 but it does not show up on the display by where the air vents are in the middle of the dash.
I flew out on the 25th and i flew back in on the 12th and i reconected the battery and thats when the problem started. I got to the warning screen in two days and then i disconnected the battery to clean up the terminals and the nav dvd and then im back to the frozen screen but it seems like its been longer this time round.
Iunno what to do.

POINT TAKEN: Never disconnecting the battery again

hope you guys got other ideas to...
Old 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM
B A N N E D

I really hope its not your navigation unit that failed or is failing. This thread might help you out: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/navigation-control-unit-failure-716502/
Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Intermediate

thank God i havent had the disc error msg cuz it is virtually scratch-less and i havent had the navi reboot intermittently.
i came across that thread as well....
i really hope my navis not dieing on me
i hope theres a method someone knows on how to reset or reboot through a diagnostic menu of some sort.
iunno, any ideas are gold at this point :@

thx riga89 for lookin into this for me, still searchin on my end...
Old 09-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Intermediate

anyone else!?

need some helppp :/
Old 09-17-2010, 01:31 AM
B A N N E D

Any updates? If anybody on here could help you, they probably would have helped you already. I think it may be time do some troubleshooting on your own. Maybe you have a loose wire and this is causing the problem. There are only so many things that could go wrong.

Does your screen work? Are you getting power to the rest of the HVAC controls?
Does your sub-display work?
You may have a loose connection.

Call this dude; his name is Martin and he will be able to diagnose your problem and fix it: 201-889-7012. He did the installation for my navi conversion and he has done about 50-60 other navi conversions. He's located in NJ.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 AM
1st Gear

Navigation display and button freezed

Hi Guys,

I came up with same issue that my naviation display got freezed and I was not able to click OK button and also non of buttons related to Navigation system were working. My Radio was working but not displaying any channel on the top screen (where it shows AC temerature). I took my car to Paragon Acura and they told me that Navigation system need to be replaced costing $4100 (by the way they are bunch of idiots hiding behind a big name). I took my car to another mechanic and he fixed it in 2 hours and that was nothing but a loose wire...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:28 PM
8th Gear

Where was that wire located to fix the radio channel display?
Old 05-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Fedexo
Where was that wire located to fix the radio channel display?
Yeah, I'd like to know that too. Got the same problem.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:36 PM
3rd Gear

Navigation Freeze Fix? - Acura TL 07 Nav

Originally Posted by 30CL
Yeah, I'd like to know that too. Got the same problem.
Where you ever able to fix this?
Old 11-13-2018, 01:37 PM
3rd Gear

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?
Old 11-13-2018, 02:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ddeutsch
Where you ever able to fix this?
nope, I didn't. Traded in the vehicle. However, I noticed that the problem is the worst when the temperature is falling, so I would guess it's some contacts on electronic board of the dvd module in the back.