Navi/Dash Clock Sync MEGATHREAD (UPDATE: all should be fixed now)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 06:37 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I recieved a call around 9 pm last night from Acura support. They "escalated" the issue over to another department at Acura and will call me as soon as possible when they have a solution. I told him the solution is simple in fact. Update the navigation disk and the issue is resolved. I get told by this guy that "There is an updated disk available".. my response "Yes for the 2007-2008 owners not for the 2004-2006" as I laughed and said have a good night.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:15 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
I recieved a call around 9 pm last night from Acura support. They "escalated" the issue over to another department at Acura and will call me as soon as possible when they have a solution. I told him the solution is simple in fact. Update the navigation disk and the issue is resolved. I get told by this guy that "There is an updated disk available".. my response "Yes for the 2007-2008 owners not for the 2004-2006" as I laughed and said have a good night.
Like my dad used to declare at the top of his lungs, "YA DEALING WITH GOD DAMN IDIOTS!"
When it comes to ACS, truer words have never been spoken!
Old 03-13-2021, 05:06 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"I will push their buttons on Monday...." getting through to ACS Monday may be difficult. Thinking about it, that's just about when everyone not on this forum, while on their way to work, is gonna figure out that their clocks aren't resetting to DST. I'll bet ACS is swamped this week. I would hope they are smart enough to see it coming.....

Good news is if they don't think the problem is serious now, they soon will.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts

So mine won't even let me adjust mine manually. I went in and turned off the auto features and the "+" and "-" don't do anything. So my clock is now stuck an hour behind. Grrrr

Guess I am going to have to reconnect my battery at 1:00 too. Ugh.

Last edited by Curious3GTL; 03-14-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got off the phone with ACS. After explaining in detail about my 2004 TL will not respond to changing the time via the Nav Screen, as well as the calendar being stuck on January 2002, their answer was: “We have no reported issues regard this matter, and suggest that you contact your dealer for any repairs relating to this issue.”

They opened a case and then at the end of the call said that they “closed” my case, as they do not have any further advice or fix to provide me.
I am very frustrated and disappointed with Acura that they will not support this known and widespread problem. I’m ready for a new car for my wife, and will go elsewhere rather than patronize Acura. They lost a customer for life from my experience….

Old 03-15-2021, 10:22 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

What have I been saying about ACS? They just don't care. I took the easy way out by upgrading to the '07/8 Nav system, problem solved!
The following 2 users liked this post by DMZ:
B Sc (01-13-2022), nist7 (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 11:57 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
It's a mild annoyance, but then I always wear a watch anyway, and I'm also used to having a clock that either doesn't work at all (sometimes) or displays the wrong time (frequently) because that's the situation in my other car, which is a 1988 RX-7. So I'm not going to worry much about it.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:57 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by 1BADTLX
Just got off the phone with ACS. After explaining in detail about my 2004 TL will not respond to changing the time via the Nav Screen, as well as the calendar being stuck on January 2002, their answer was: “We have no reported issues regard this matter, and suggest that you contact your dealer for any repairs relating to this issue.”

They opened a case and then at the end of the call said that they “closed” my case, as they do not have any further advice or fix to provide me.
I am very frustrated and disappointed with Acura that they will not support this known and widespread problem. I’m ready for a new car for my wife, and will go elsewhere rather than patronize Acura. They lost a customer for life from my experience….
Acura corporate is beyond fucking worthless, just like their PR team which hype up all their overpriced TLX / MDX
The following users liked this post:
DMZ (03-19-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 07:55 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Grrr...I was trying the adjust the time for DST and noticed I have the same problem everyone has. I don't recall if i had to adjust the time the previous years. Hope there a solution!! Gonna start annoying me with the crack dashboard...I have 300,000+ miles
Old 03-16-2021, 12:37 AM
3rd Gear

My DVD drive was dead and I just bought a remanufactured one on eBay for my '06 TL. New drive works great, but curiously my clock was not getting the current time. And then we found this thread.....
Old 03-16-2021, 07:25 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by joeboese
My DVD drive was dead and I just bought a remanufactured one on eBay for my '06 TL. New drive works great, but curiously my clock was not getting the current time. And then we found this thread.....
That's why everyone's dumping them and buying '07/8 drives instead. Return it if you can.
https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...07-8-a-992737/

Last edited by DMZ; 03-16-2021 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:18 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ACS has been really good through this whole situation. I have had a few people from ACS call me in the last week to troubleshoot the issue and give me updates on the fix. It has been escalated up to Honda engineering for a fix investigation. I am actually surprised Acura is even attempting a fix on such an old car. Even if it takes a few months, ill be happy if a fix is eventually issued (similar to what happened with the gen 2 TLs for the same issue).

Also, you are ditching Acura FOR LIFE over this issue? Seriously? I'll trade a minor inconvenience that only recently appeared for the solid reliability and performance that this car has provided me over the past 10 years of ownership any day.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My nav display took a dump. I removed it thinking Alpine was the OEM & they could repair it, called them with the part number, and no, they didn't make it, and no, they wont repair it.

I was able to find an 07-08 display, but the GPS disc drives are hard to find, unless you're willing to spend $2-2.5K for one.

Anyone know who made the displays for the 04-06 cars? Or if they'll repair them?
Old 03-16-2021, 01:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by gumbalaya
My nav display took a dump. I removed it thinking Alpine was the OEM & they could repair it, called them with the part number, and no, they didn't make it, and no, they wont repair it.

I was able to find an 07-08 display, but the GPS disc drives are hard to find, unless you're willing to spend $2-2.5K for one.

Anyone know who made the displays for the 04-06 cars? Or if they'll repair them?
Ebay have some.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,413 Posts

I have a spare screen I can sell cheap for shipping, PM me.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:08 PM
3rd Gear

My display clock is now about 1 hour and 5 minutes slow; now that daylight savings time is in effect. The clock was right on, before the Saturday time change.

I went into the diagnostics (holding menu+map+cancel for 5 seconds) and the H/U TIME SEND is stuck at "0:00"; any adjustments don't work here either ( the SET (bright yellow) just sits there when pressed and doesn't appear to send anything).

DST is set to ON

The diagnostic two NAV times some how both read to "2001.08.21 23:05:51" (or something near that, but 2001 is the year!) and although i could try reseting them by changing the hour + or - ; This would take an eternity do, so I refrained from setting them more than a couple of hours (and then settng them back).

Anyone figure out this bizarre time puzzle yet?
Old 03-16-2021, 08:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 489 Likes on 373 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...stment-991736/

Basically Acura messed up with the software. You need to wait for updated navigation CD (or DVD).
Old 03-16-2021, 08:05 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL

So mine won't even let me adjust mine manually. I went in and turned off the auto features and the "+" and "-" don't do anything. So my clock is now stuck an hour behind. Grrrr

Guess I am going to have to reconnect my battery at 1:00 too. Ugh.
Yep, I came here for the first time in a long time because I realized my 2004 TL didn't reset itself after DST, and I couldn't manually set the clock.

I guess I'll be doing the 1PM battery disconnect/reconnect and will contact Acura.

LH
Old 03-16-2021, 08:35 PM
2nd Gear

Thumbs up Clock issue on 2004-2006 TL

I received a call from Acura (Honda) today...yes you heard me right..was surprised to say the least..The clock issue I was told really affects 2002-2006 TLs.! The Honda Headquarters guy himself told me that the issue has been elevated to their Engineering Dept..and that they are not trying to sweep this under the Rug..since it is now affecting a Boatload of TLs..It seems that if your
power goes out (new battery etc the problem will surface.He is not sure if a software or chip problem ..So what can the average Joe bag of Donuts do but wait...

Old 03-16-2021, 10:08 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
Well with daylight savings time that came in on the weekend for a lot of people, they're probably flooded with calls.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:47 AM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 288 Likes on 150 Posts
It doesn't really hurt them to make an updated disk for us, there are many 3rd gen TL's on the road today.
Especially when you consider the price they charge for an update.

I suspect the demand simply fell off a cliff since so many people use Waze or other apps on their smartphone these days.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:46 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by llaramie48
Yeah. swap out the Nav DVD drive and the display panel for ones from an '07/8 TL. Problem solved!
Old 03-18-2021, 12:45 PM
10th Gear

A bit more info. Today (March 18) I also received a call from Acura In-Car Tech Support, who told me the same thing they did Anthracite 2005. In-Car Support has "exhausted" all their solutions and bumped it up to Honda Engineering, who is trying to figure out if it's a software or hardware problem. They will contact me when they have a solution. When I asked about timing, the rep told me they have heard from many owners and when something gets bumped to Engineering it gets resolved pretty quickly.

Couple observations. First, while Honda didn't seem very proactive about it, it seems to me they are responding quite well. Second, odds are this is a software fix, for which Honda will issue a new cd pretty quickly. However, if it's hardware, I don't see Honda handing out new Nav drives (or whatever) for free anytime soon.....
Old 03-18-2021, 01:05 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by coug77
They will contact me when they have a solution. When I asked about timing, the rep told me they have heard from many owners and when something gets bumped to Engineering it gets resolved pretty quickly.

Couple observations. First, while Honda didn't seem very proactive about it, it seems to me they are responding quite well. Second, odds are this is a software fix, for which Honda will issue a new cd pretty quickly. However, if it's hardware, I don't see Honda handing out new Nav drives (or whatever) for free anytime soon.....
I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:19 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by Anthracite2005
ACS has been really good through this whole situation. I have had a few people from ACS call me in the last week to troubleshoot the issue and give me updates on the fix. It has been escalated up to Honda engineering for a fix investigation. I am actually surprised Acura is even attempting a fix on such an old car. Even if it takes a few months, ill be happy if a fix is eventually issued (similar to what happened with the gen 2 TLs for the same issue).

Also, you are ditching Acura FOR LIFE over this issue? Seriously? I'll trade a minor inconvenience that only recently appeared for the solid reliability and performance that this car has provided me over the past 10 years of ownership any day.
I find it hilarious that you think Acura Corporate is doing their best to figure it out. Explain how they released an updated DVD for the 2007-2008 TL owners and left the 2004-2006 owners in the dark. The issue is a simple fix, just need an updated navigation disk. Yes, a lot of us here are no longer Acura owners for various reasons. Next time you're on the phone with your pals at Acura corporate, ask them if they can assist you with a cracked dashboard (which has been a common issue since 2007) and I bet you the "We never heard anyone experiencing this before" comment is directed to you. Glad you had 10 years of solid reliability (which I call bs) and performance?? (question that)
DMZ (03-19-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 04:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
Originally Posted by coug77
A bit more info. Today (March 18) I also received a call from Acura In-Car Tech Support, who told me the same thing they did Anthracite 2005. In-Car Support has "exhausted" all their solutions and bumped it up to Honda Engineering, who is trying to figure out if it's a software or hardware problem. They will contact me when they have a solution. When I asked about timing, the rep told me they have heard from many owners and when something gets bumped to Engineering it gets resolved pretty quickly.

They basically told me the same thing. Acura did call me back, so we'll see what happens. He also told me many people have noticed and it's not just Acura models, it's Honda models too.

In the meantime, I guess I just wait lol
Old 03-18-2021, 04:57 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DMZ
I wouldn't hold my breath.
I'm not. But on the other hand, I'm patient enough to give them a chance. The '07-08 upgrade isn't an immediate option because I'm just starting the process of building a house, so I have a few more important things on my plate....
Old 03-18-2021, 05:10 PM
10th Gear

I find it hilarious that you think Acura Corporate is doing their best to figure it out. Explain how they released an updated DVD for the 2007-2008 TL owners and left the 2004-2006 owners in the dark. The issue is a simple fix, just need an updated navigation disk. Yes, a lot of us here are no longer Acura owners for various reasons. Next time you're on the phone with your pals at Acura corporate, ask them if they can assist you with a cracked dashboard (which has been a common issue since 2007) and I bet you the "We never heard anyone experiencing this before" comment is directed to you. Glad you had 10 years of solid reliability (which I call bs) and performance?? (question that)
Not sure anyone is saying ACS is "doing their best". Whether they are doing good or not seems variable, likely depending on the representative one gets. My first call, the rep clearly had no idea what I was talking about but put me on hold for about 5 minutes to check it out. She then told me they were aware of the problem and working on it, answered a few questions I had, and took my name an number. And they called me back a few day later. So all-in-all I'm pleased with them, and my first rep gets props for handling it very professionally. But I imagine they aren't all that thorough.
jimh6155 (04-13-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 05:18 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm another owner with this problem - the same clock adjustment issue as pictured in the photo in post #89.

Discovered the issue as I went to adjust the hour following the start of DST this past weekend. Found that the clock in the setup screen shows zeros, the clock adjustment buttons don't do anything, and the calendar date is defaulting to 1/1/02.

2006 Acura TL with auto trans. Have had the 2014 orange update of the nav DVD in the original nav system since April 2014.

Called Acura, got transferred to In-Car Tech Support who said this is a known issue, being investigated, gave me a case number, and said I'd get an call when there's an update.

I'll try the battery disconnect fix.
TerminaderTL (07-24-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 01:46 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Disconnecting/reconnecting the battery at 1 PM today got the clock to the right time. (The Calendar date is still messed up and the setup clock in the nav unit still shows zeros, of course.)

The only snag was waiting immobile for 10 minutes for the nav unit to lock on to the GPS signal the first time I started it up after reconnecting the battery. Been so long since I'd disconnected the battery previously that I'd forgotten about that. I'm glad I wasn't in a rush to get anywhere! :-)
Old 03-20-2021, 12:09 PM
2nd Gear

2005 Acura TSX same problem

I have a 2005 tsx with the exact same issue. I have the last orange dvd that was produced and my dvd drive was fixed by alpine a few years back. The clock went wrong when we hit 2021 just did not know it till the DST update....
Old 03-21-2021, 01:39 PM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Good afternoon. I am new to this site and I am somehow relieved that I wasn't the only 2005 Acura w/navi owner that is experiencing this problem. Believe it or not, my original battery (manufactured June 2004) finally died on me last month. Must have been one heck of a battery to last 17 years. Anyway, after I replaced it and inputted the Navigation and Radio codes, everything was running normally and I didn't thing to look any further.....not until Daylight Saving Time, which occurred on the 14th of this month and I noticed that my clock was still one hour short. I joined this site to get help and answers from some of the experts here. Also after reading some of the posts, I didn't realize that my calendar reverted back to January 2002 and none of the buttons worked. I liked what member DMZ mentioned about avoiding the BS that Acura is giving us and upgrade to a '07/'08 Navigation Screen along with a DVD Player. He also mentioned that it is plug and play but you need some kind of adapter to retrofit the new screen. I have already acquired the '07/'08 Navigation and DVD. I just need some help getting information about the gentleman from Florida who supplies the adapter. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
DMZ (03-22-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 03:10 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
My 06 navi has never had a clock sync issue until a couple weeks ago. I have the orange DVD (2011 version). The Navi setup menu shows 2001 year and a random time (definitely not local). Dash clock resets to 1:00 whenever I try to reset via battery disconnect. I went to the service menu, selected HU time send, and cycled that on/off (with no dash display change), but the Return button on the touchscreen becomes non-responsive. It's like the orange DVD systems just became non-supported by the GPS software? At least as far as sending the correct time.

Originally Posted by llaramie48
My display clock is now about 1 hour and 5 minutes slow; now that daylight savings time is in effect. The clock was right on, before the Saturday time change.

I went into the diagnostics (holding menu+map+cancel for 5 seconds) and the H/U TIME SEND is stuck at "0:00"; any adjustments don't work here either ( the SET (bright yellow) just sits there when pressed and doesn't appear to send anything).

DST is set to ON

The diagnostic two NAV times some how both read to "2001.08.21 23:05:51" (or something near that, but 2001 is the year!) and although i could try reseting them by changing the hour + or - ; This would take an eternity do, so I refrained from setting them more than a couple of hours (and then setting them back).

Old 03-21-2021, 09:23 PM
Cruisin'

I did the way you said several time, but ii does not work on my case, 2006 TL with navi. What else should I do?
Old 03-22-2021, 06:29 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by ROM0716
I just need some help getting information about the gentleman from Florida who supplies the adapter. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
You made the right choice! Martin's # is 201-889-7012. Good luck!
Old 03-23-2021, 04:19 AM
10th Gear

Thank you DMZ !!! I am sure I will be asking for more advise in days to come. I will let you know how things turn out.
DMZ (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

Angry Having clock problem relating to Navi

Having the same issue. Replaced my starter a few weeks ago and had to disconnect the battery. Clock goes to 1:00 and GPS time (when I go to the setup menu) shows 2001. Have never had a problem before even when replacing battery a few months ago. I am using version 3.9 Orange disk. tried using older 3.4 disk but had same problem. Something must have recently changed. Don't know what to do.

Originally Posted by tomlinsonj
My 06 navi has never had a clock sync issue until a couple weeks ago. I have the orange DVD (2011 version). The Navi setup menu shows 2001 year and a random time (definitely not local). Dash clock resets to 1:00 whenever I try to reset via battery disconnect. I went to the service menu, selected HU time send, and cycled that on/off (with no dash display change), but the Return button on the touchscreen becomes non-responsive. It's like the orange DVD systems just became non-supported by the GPS software? At least as far as sending the correct time.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:00 PM
10th Gear

You are right DMZ. Talking to Acura is like talking to the wind. When all this happened, I contacted "Mama Honda" and they assigned me a case number. I got an email from Acura today expressing concerns about my problems and asked me to call the In-Car Technology Support desk. I tried several times to call but I think everyone is still out to lunch, and it was already past 2PM Pacific Time. Anyway, called Martin and everything is all set. Can't wait for all the upgraded stuff to show up. Thanks again!!
DMZ (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 08:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im a Dumbass. When I took the display out to research part number/repairability, the little white connector that comes from the display to the MENU/SETTINGS/ZOOM,etc. buttons just kind of popped off with out being disconnected. After getting info off of the display. I reinstalled the unit & made sure that the little white connector was hooked up. Powered it up, then none of the left-side A/C buttons worked, the upper display was dead, radio dead, and all kinds of other issues. I took it back apart today, and i found that 2 of the display connectors weren't hooked up.

Connected those, and everything seems to work now! Except setting/changing the time & date, that shit is still broke.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:08 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Im a Dumbass.
Connected those, and everything seems to work now! Except setting/changing the time & date, that shit is still broke.
And it's gonna stay broke cuz ACS really ain't doing shit about it. They've known about this for at least 2 months now and have had more than ample time to be able to correct this. That shows how much they care about 15+ year old cars and their owners, including original owners.

As for the being a Dumbass part of your post, that has to do with you needing to do what I and many others here have done, replace your Nav DVD drive and dash screen with those from an '07/8. You'll never look back.

Last edited by DMZ; 03-25-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Navi/Dash Clock Sync MEGATHREAD (UPDATE: all should be fixed now)