Mystery that needs solving

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 11:42 AM
04 Acura TL A-Spec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mystery that needs solving

Alright so I have a doosie, first cold day of the winter season hit and as I'm leaving my exam I come back to a car that won't start. The battery died which was strange considering I hadn't left any lights on and whatnot...made me think of a couple instances where the car had a little difficulty starting...bought the car used I'm guessing its just time for a new battery...BUT HERE IS THE KICKER...since I jumped the battery the car has been starting without hesitation but now my radio will not work! I can't throw my i-tape adapter in, CD's are also being rejected and I cannot turn the radio on or even see the display. Anytime I try to do something a red dot beside the load sign flashes and thats about it. Also not sure how related this is but I have no navi it says consult dealer when I start the car however this never affected my music...I NEED MY DAMN MUSIC, not that I don't love the sound of revvin my precious...WHO CAN HELP A BRUTHA OUT? not happy bout it
Old 12-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
search....this has all been covered ad nauseum....

loose battery connections
bad battery, have it tested
bad HFL
radio/navi codes
Old 12-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Make it so

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up

Search is wonderful.

Input your radio code and it will work, I promise. Check your battery terminal connections, the problem is there. Tighten then, clean them up, etc. Otherwise you will be doing this all the time and your radio presets will reset.

This isn't that big of a deal. Just breathe easy, my friend.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:53 PM
04 Acura TL A-Spec

ya thanks guys just needed a little guidance I need the radio code but unfortunately I dont have them and they aren't in and around the glove box like I read in a couple threads so I think I just need to call acura with a serial number and they'l have it and yes I am breathing easier haha
Old 12-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Register yourself and your car on Acura's owner site and you can get your radio and Navi codes there. http://owners.acura.com
Old 12-18-2010, 02:38 PM
04 Acura TL A-Spec

Register yourself and your car on Acura's owner site and you can get your radio and Navi codes there. http://owners.acura.com
ey man that is helpful the dealership has been trying to charge me a hundred bucks to open up the dash to get the radio out for the serial number and to call the original dealership, completely unhelpful as I have retrieved the serial number by holding 1 and 6 and then turning the radio on LOL, only thing I need now is the original dealership that sold the car as aparently they have the codes. I registered on the owners site you directed me too but it requires the postal code and phone number...any further guidance on how to track that down would be great thx
Old 12-18-2010, 03:07 PM
04 Acura TL A-Spec

alright so through the owners website it did give a dealership based on my vin number..so I called the dealership in Chantilly, VA who say they have no record of my vehicle....
Old 12-19-2010, 11:33 AM
04 Acura TL A-Spec

update for those who may be paying attention... apparently dealerships clear records every 3 or 4 years which explains why the original dealership couldn't find a record of my TL. So I go to my dealership explain I have the serial number and whatnot and they provided me with the radio code for free! So my radio is up and running but there is a new problem..I have my stereo capabilities again but no display on the nav screen it says downloading disc/software or whatever when I first turn on the car, and ends up staying as a greenish screen that says check disc. My disc is somewhat scratched but it still was able to provide the touchscreen and display...not sure what changed.. I'm going back tuesday to try a different disc if the same thing happens then I'm guessing its an electrical problem..any thoughts?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by DaGrub
I'm going back tuesday to try a different disc if the same thing happens then I'm guessing its an electrical problem..any thoughts?
Did you ever get it resolved? My buddy is having the same problem on his 2004 MDX. And Im trying to find a solution.