"my custom audio system upgrade w/ 3sixty!"

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
Theguywhostoleyourfood- Clear you PM box so I can send you a reply back!

Here's my reply:

You don't "HAVE TO" remove the factory sub on the rear deck but you can if you want. Basically you have 2 scenarios:

1. (when you get your sub(s) installed) just open the trunk, pull the liner down that covers the rear deck (at the base of the rear window), and you will be able to reach in there and just unplug the factory subwoofer. It's as easy as that.

2. The other scenario would be more work but you have less chance of rattles. To remove the factory sub you have to remove the back seats and pull the liner from atop the speakers. There are plenty of theads and DIY's on this but it will be harder than just unplugging the sub since you won't be using it haha. This scenario would also be the best if you planned to dynamat or whatever product you use on the rear deck. To put dynamat on you would have to do like stated above (remove backseat, remove liner,etc) and then you would be able to lay the stuff down on bar metal.....and you would be able to remove the subwoofer and replace the rear speakers since they would be fully exposed now.

If your going to replace the rear speakers, Option 2. If your going to dynamat that rear deck (recommended), Option 2. ...I'd go option 2 if you have the time lol
Old 01-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Greengecko
I tried both the 3Sixty.2 and Alpine PXE-H650 and neither one was able to make the sound "exceptional". I highly recommend avoiding the headache, cost and disappointment and just buy amps that take a high-level input or use some high-quality LOCs with high-voltage output (I used Sound Gate), and the sound is great.
Hmmm... I think I'd have to disagree with this.

When I did my original installation (Rockford / Focal), I used Stinger LOC's. At that time, I was happy. The sound was really good. Then a few years later, one of the LOC's started to fail, so rather than replacing it, I decided to look at other options. I found a 3Sixty on Craigslist for a hundred dollars, so I bought it (see my recent post about Christmas Presents to myself).

After a few hours of 'tuning' I was able to get the sound to be 'exceptional'.
You need to spend some time, and tune the unit to how you want it to sound. Everybody has a different preference for sound.

I would say that the 3Sixty is worth the money. I got a Version 1 because it was so cheap (used)... but if I could find a deal on a Version 2, I would definitely recommend getting that one.

Jimmy
Old 01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man nice job. where did u get the reflective tape?
Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really clean and amazing install!! You are very talented/skilled to have created something like that!! Hats off to you sir!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by DankNmyHOOKA
Man nice job. where did u get the reflective tape?
i dont remember some site on line.

Originally Posted by aceplatero
Really clean and amazing install!! You are very talented/skilled to have created something like that!! Hats off to you sir!
thanks, but that system is toast! this happened, drunk driver hit me!

i created a new system in my 07 Type-S
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/my-custom-audio-video-upgrade-install-3sixty-2-a-724703/