Make your Own DVD Audio! What?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Yes,

I had that problem. I noticed it only happened on my DVD-A's that I had made custom labels for. I changed media AND the labels and it fixed the problem.

Try changing media first and playing it without a label. I am guessing you are only experiencing the problem on home-made DVD-A's?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:15 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the problem is only on homemade DVD-A's. I wondered if it could be the media. I am using TDK, whcich I thougth was an OK brand.

Anyone have any recomendations on what brand of DVD-R media works best for creating DVD-A's.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Pankul
this thread should be usefull enough on making a DVD-V -> DVD-A
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110542
yeah but it sucks having to read through the whole thread to figure it out. Somebody need to make Easy clear directions with pictures in one thread and sticky the thread for everybody.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Computer Techie Geek

I'll do it one of these days .. just have been too busy
Old 03-18-2005, 04:06 PM
USDM UA5 A-Spec

I've been reading through but I want to make sure before I burn my .30 DVD-R.... So you guys are saying I can burn a DVD disk with ulead and my OEM unit will read DVD disks??? I don't got 3rd gen but I am very shocked if 2nd gen can read DVD disks
Old 07-02-2005, 01:02 PM
H.T.Chien

For the DVD-A playing problem of Ulead Burn.Now, you can get some solutions from Ulead now, check https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111785
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Intermediate

This thread is kinda old - I'm wondering if people are still using discwelder to create DVD-audio disks from their audio files. I don't care about 5.1, I just want to take advantage of the 4.37 GB file size to burn dozens of songs onto one disc.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by xrochester
This thread is kinda old - I'm wondering if people are still using discwelder to create DVD-audio disks from their audio files. I don't care about 5.1, I just want to take advantage of the 4.37 GB file size to burn dozens of songs onto one disc.
I've used Adobeman's software several times. It's not perfect (occasionally a track will get truncated for no apparent reason), but it's free. Do a search of this forum for posts by Adobeman (include the keywords "DVD-A GUI" if you wish) and you'll almost certainly find it. His software allows you to set up groups, which can be very useful—for example, I put all of last year's Beatles in Mono box, with the exception of the Mono Masters set because it didn't fit, on a single DVD-A using four groups (Group 1 has the first four albums; Group 2 has Help!, Rubber Soul, and Revolver; Group 3 has Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour; and Group 4 has the White Album). The groups are crucial partly because of the 99-track limit discussed earlier in this thread (for example, Group 1 alone has 55 tracks) but also because it allows for easier access to the different albums.

I haven't tried burning multichannel DVD-As, although I believe Adobeman has software to help with that, because I haven't seen the need. Being able to burn the CD-quality audio onto DVD-As is a huge benefit as it is—consider that the Beatles DVD-A described above contains the music from 11 CDs on a single DVD-A. Talk about saving space in the glove compartment and in the CD changer!
Old 08-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1995hoo
I've used Adobeman's software several times. It's not perfect (occasionally a track will get truncated for no apparent reason), but it's free. Do a search of this forum for posts by Adobeman (include the keywords "DVD-A GUI" if you wish) and you'll almost certainly find it. His software allows you to set up groups, which can be very useful—for example, I put all of last year's Beatles in Mono box, with the exception of the Mono Masters set because it didn't fit, on a single DVD-A using four groups (Group 1 has the first four albums; Group 2 has Help!, Rubber Soul, and Revolver; Group 3 has Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour; and Group 4 has the White Album). The groups are crucial partly because of the 99-track limit discussed earlier in this thread (for example, Group 1 alone has 55 tracks) but also because it allows for easier access to the different albums.

I haven't tried burning multichannel DVD-As, although I believe Adobeman has software to help with that, because I haven't seen the need. Being able to burn the CD-quality audio onto DVD-As is a huge benefit as it is—consider that the Beatles DVD-A described above contains the music from 11 CDs on a single DVD-A. Talk about saving space in the glove compartment and in the CD changer!
Thanks @@@#$!#$%!@L#$jf2ioruefnoefjnwerjfnwrpiuthy3058yt0