iSimple & Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iSimple & Video

Hi All,

I want to integrate my Iphone to listen to music and also video. I am read many threads but I see easiest audio integration is Isimple as I see. How could I get the video working? what are my options when used with Isimple.....please provide me some ideas I really need help.

thanks in advance
Old 10-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
apple composite video cable is your ticket. its what i used here my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtN2rNk952U
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Do you have any installation instructions? I would appreciate it extremely if you could provide me some help.
The following users liked this post:
JDECON (12-05-2011)
Old 10-25-2010, 03:03 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is frickin' awesome!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 AM
Instructor

could someone pls help. I only thought isimple only support audio. How having apple composite cable + isimple support both video + audio. Could someone please let me know what all I need ?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Intermediate

+1
Old 10-27-2010, 07:57 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Originally Posted by woow14623
Do you have any installation instructions? I would appreciate it extremely if you could provide me some help.
could someone pls help. I only thought isimple only support audio. How having apple composite cable + isimple support both video + audio. Could someone please let me know what all I need ?
Originally Posted by oneway
+1
to get video on the navi you'll need the following:

1. navi converter (dom's nav2go) allows you to connect two video sources when powered up, its hooked up to the dvd rom drive in the trunk. it also a switch to power it.

2. the apple composite video cable. one side plugs in to the bottom dock area of the ipod and the other has audio L and audio R plus a Video and a usb power source to enable to charge the ipod/iphone.

3. for the audio you could get the P.I.E. X3 unit that connects to the back of the radio allowing you to connect up to 3 audio devices with a selector switch.

another way to get audio is to go through the aux jack in the center console. you'll need to get a two to one audio cable spiltter. a cable that has two rca R/L plugs that go to one male plug/connector that will connect into that jack in the armrest.

*google the hot items, make a list, empty your wallet*
Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
to get video on the navi you'll need the following:

1. navi converter (dom's nav2go) allows you to connect two video sources when powered up, its hooked up to the dvd rom drive in the trunk. it also a switch to power it.

2. the apple composite video cable. one side plugs in to the bottom dock area of the ipod and the other has audio L and audio R plus a Video and a usb power source to enable to charge the ipod/iphone.

3. for the audio you could get the P.I.E. X3 unit that connects to the back of the radio allowing you to connect up to 3 audio devices with a selector switch.

another way to get audio is to go through the aux jack in the center console. you'll need to get a two to one audio cable splitter. a cable that has two rca R/L plugs that go to one male plug/connector that will connect into that jack in the armrest.

*google the hot items, make a list, empty your wallet*
I have a dumb question I am assuming that you also need the I simple, but what turns the video on for the display and where is the audio source coming from for the video. I know that the I simple comes through the SAT, but I don't understand how the video and audio source are directed to the navi at the same time. I'm sorry for dumb question i don't like asking them especially when it is probably simple.
Thanks Anthony
Old 10-27-2010, 12:05 PM
UA6 SSM TL

Received 106 Likes on 103 Posts
i got the navitool in my car which i think is simillar to the navi2go, im using a dvd unit and a back-up camera so i can't connect another source. how could i made this work wihtouth having to buy the nav2go??
Old 10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Originally Posted by oneway
I have a dumb question I am assuming that you also need the I simple, but what turns the video on for the display and where is the audio source coming from for the video. I know that the I simple comes through the SAT, but I don't understand how the video and audio source are directed to the navi at the same time. I'm sorry for dumb question i don't like asking them especially when it is probably simple.
Thanks Anthony
the isimple is for ipod integration into your existing oem radio. it alows you to have full control of track,playlist,artist,songs from your ipod/iphone using the oem deck and steering wheel controls. it has no effect when playing videos, because it does not support the video function.

the composite cable has the audio out rca plugs and video out connector as well. its a completely different cable the rcas audio out cables connect to the P.I.E. X3 (google it for more info) which is connected to the oem radio AUX. the video out connects to the navi converter box aka (nav2go) when powered up it sends the video signal thats connected to it to the navigation screen. to return back to the map screen just flip the toggle switch thats provided with the nav2go.

so connect your iphone to the composite cable/dock select video. flip the toggle to power the nav2go for video and select AUX on the deck for sound. check the video
Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Instructor

Given the slow response to this thread for days.....I researched like crazy.....

This is what I am going to use......

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=9231

which supports video & audio.

reasons.

1. Do not need many modules....one remote changes the modes.
4. Do not need switches or different connection for audio and video
2. Cost 212 + expenses for the iphone composite
3. Can fix in the trunk.

autosys have bad name in customer service.....but I e-mailed them yesterday asking for information and they replied me within mins. Also in the site they say they have new improved version.

any comments? suggestions?
Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Intermediate

Thanks a lot it's crystal now.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Given the slow response to this thread for days.....I researched like crazy.....

This is what I am going to use......

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=9231

which supports video & audio.

reasons.

1. Do not need many modules....one remote changes the modes.
4. Do not need switches or different connection for audio and video
2. Cost 212 + expenses for the iphone composite
3. Can fix in the trunk.

autosys have bad name in customer service.....but I e-mailed them yesterday asking for information and they replied me within mins. Also in the site they say they have new improved version.

any comments? suggestions?
research some more!!!

you still need a aux sound adapter, an audio out source. im assuming this unit connects to the dvd drive in the trunk. you can't get sound through the navi unit. only video. thats why you still need a blitzsafe/p.i.e.x3 for audio.

i havent seen anyone use that particular unit. but it seems nice for the fact that it charges the iphone with a usb port. and has a wireless remote to select the video.

that being said. why? its only one switch. you can mount it anywhere. its a tiny toggle switch. just flip it on. no need to have a remote for that. the composite cable is not that long. it has the usb cable attached. you'll have to get a usb cable extender to get it into the trunk if you want to use that port.

get the tried and tested unit Nav2Go.

Last edited by jptl04; 10-27-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 PM
UA6 SSM TL

what about me!!!! no body would reply hajajajaja
Old 10-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jptl04
research some more!!!

you still need a aux sound adapter, an audio out source. im assuming this unit connects to the dvd drive in the trunk. you can't get sound through the navi unit. only video. thats why you still need a blitzsafe/p.i.e.x3 for audio.

i havent seen anyone use that particular unit. but it seems nice for the fact that it charges the iphone with a usb port. and has a wireless remote to select the video.

that being said. why? its only one switch. you can mount it anywhere. its a tiny toggle switch. just flip it on. no need to have a remote for that. the composite cable is not that long. it has the usb cable attached. you'll have to get a usb cable extender to get it into the trunk if you want to use that port.

get the tried and tested unit Nav2Go.
Thanks Jptl......here it is in action......it has been used by one user here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mWhlkPtmlQ

Thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/new-navi-video-interface-w-extras-audio-i-p-usb-charging-ipod-ctrl-remote-729815/
Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Thanks Jptl......here it is in action......it has been used by one user here...

Thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729815
i guess you could be #2 if you only have/want one audio source going in.

pros
audio + video in one
usb charger
wireless remote

cons
confusing remote (wayy too many buttons)
loss of nav traffic
must be connected at the deck or radio, (take apart the entire radio stack) for usb charge function
autotoyz customer service blows

taken from the thread, member who installed it.
Originally Posted by dipkat
Too painful experience. Paypal closed my claim. Did not receive any money back from AutoToys. Bad experience.

Also, after 3 months of use, I do not like the sue of a remote. The system resets to the video interface to the navi every time you shut the car. You have to activate the video input every time you want it on. I missing the convenience of a manual switch. Plus, every time there is a law enforcement vehicle around, I have to scramble to reach out and hunt for the remote. Such a pain when you need to change the video source in a rush. The manual / push-button switch is more functional in my opinion, compared to the remote. Go with one of the other video setups if you can and save yourself lots of headaches.
remote for one video and one audio source along with factory screen/nav

my switch set up for two video sources dvd/iphone/ and two audio sources dvd/ipod/iphone/ along with factory screen /nav (i can select video or audio for any device with these two switches and one button

Old 10-27-2010, 10:39 PM
UA6 SSM TL

so u are saying ur installation was much easier than his??
Old 12-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
anyone have pics of how the i simple looks on a non navi tl?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 PM
3.5L...enough said

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by mrlal8
anyone have pics of how the i simple looks on a non navi tl?
If we ever end up at one of the meets I'll show you
Old 11-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by 24no7
so u are saying ur installation was much easier than his??
Haha... he's not referring to the installation... he's referring to the items used to achieve the integration. JP is psycho (I mean this in a good way bro) when it comes to customizing his installs and aims to achieve that wow factor with his installs .. which he does.

If you guys want to do this the most simple and maybe even cost effective way get do it the same way way me and JP did it.... PIE X3 + Dom Nav Converter or Navtool (same crap) + Apple AV cable + 15' Composite Video Cable. I'm still skeptical on this remote thing... though its cool... I feel like its too cumbersome and not simple to operate... plus that stuck on eye thing to me looks like an eye sore. I don't even like the 2 inches of wire that is showing in my proclip setup.

As far as docking options this is all personal preference. I love my pro-clip dock the same as I did the first day I had it which is over 2 years ago. Amazingly convenient! I do admire JP's custom dock but I feel that his positioning at the cup holder would've made it difficult for me to operate my phone on the fly when I get messages or if I have to grab my phone really quickly or change tracks and browse songs while in motion. I think it would break my neck. So I chose practicality for my application. Like I said mounting/docking options are all personal choices but the main point here is using the PIE X3 and NavTool.

Here's a video and thread I created after I did it at the end of 2008 I'm going to add one more feature to this which will make it even more functional, but limited on time so will do shortly and update.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=iphone+3gs%2A

http://youtu.be/cZ8-NrECLvQ

http://youtu.be/wu1O_ZI0ZQU

Last edited by Elegant TYPE S; 11-27-2011 at 12:36 AM.