iSimple ISHD571 Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
iSimple ISHD571 Install

Finally got fed up with the cassette aux input method. Between always having to plug it in, no charging, inconsistent volume and sound quality, I resorted to mostly using CDs. Did some research and settled on the ISHD571. Taking pictures was more of an afterthought, but the install was rather straightforward. The included directions were very clear. Having taken apart the center console just a week ago to change some burnt out bulbs, I was fairly familiar with the process. Once apart, the install of the of the actual product is fairly simple. I decided to route both the 3.5mm jack and "oldschool" ipod connector into the glove compartment. Once hooked up and back together, the sound quality difference was astonishing. The only drawback I can see so far is the clunky controls. If all you want to do is switch songs, it's fine, but anything else requires you memorize the controls as they are not intuitive. Any questions, please feel free to ask. Here are the few pictures I took, and by all means is it not a DIY.

PS: the whole assembly and extra 10ft of cable fit comfortably behind the top vents. Zip ties and double sided tape FTW!
Old 06-25-2015, 11:07 PM
2005 TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Been eyeing this kit. Was it hard to remove the center console? Do you have Navi or non-navi? How long did it take to install? Plus you said it's not a DIY, so you an installer or had an installer do it? Thanks for any info.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by David_BNSF
Been eyeing this kit. Was it hard to remove the center console? Do you have Navi or non-navi? How long did it take to install? Plus you said it's not a DIY, so you an installer or had an installer do it? Thanks for any info.
I have a navi. I've had the dash apart twice now to install burnt out bulbs in the climate control. That being said, taking the dash apart this time was rather easy. I had it apart in under a half hour. Most of the time was spent contemplating how I wanted to run the wires. I decided to run both into the glove box (by both i mean the ipod pin connector and 3.5 headphone jack). There are plenty of threads about taking the dash apart. Let me know if this helped.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 140 Posts
whats going to suck is having to remove all that just to take out the box to perform firmware updates.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:37 PM
2005 TL

Just did this install this morning and it was a pain in the butt imo removing the navigation. Plus last night I could change sons from the steering wheel controls and today it doesn't change the songs anymore. Any ideas?
Old 07-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
whats going to suck is having to remove all that just to take out the box to perform firmware updates.
To access the box, all i have to remove is the top vents, which is all of 30 seconds. Removing the nav was just to get to the to XM input.

Just did this install this morning and it was a pain in the butt imo removing the navigation. Plus last night I could change sons from the steering wheel controls and today it doesn't change the songs anymore. Any ideas?
It has two modes, one is called Ipod and the other is AUX. I believe it has to be on Ipod to use the steering wheel controls. If you're on the right mode check all your connections again, it may have shaken loose.
The following users liked this post:
David_BNSF (07-02-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 01:24 PM
2005 TL

Originally Posted by Greenman604
To access the box, all i have to remove is the top vents, which is all of 30 seconds. Removing the nav was just to get to the to XM input.

It has two modes, one is called Ipod and the other is AUX. I believe it has to be on Ipod to use the steering wheel controls. If you're on the right mode check all your connections again, it may have shaken loose.
I sure hope it hasn't come loose. But yes I noticed the first night it was on iPod to where i could change the tracks by pushing the channel button I believe it's called on the steering wheel. Then in the morning it was set to aux.Unfortunately I don't have the box or directions anymore, so any ideas on how to switch between the 2 modes?
Old 07-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Instructor

I sure hope it hasn't come loose. But yes I noticed the first night it was on iPod to where i could change the tracks by pushing the channel button I believe it's called on the steering wheel. Then in the morning it was set to aux.Unfortunately I don't have the box or directions anymore, so any ideas on how to switch between the 2 modes?
When you first change the radio to XM, quickly turn the TUNE knob to select between the modes.
The following users liked this post:
David_BNSF (07-03-2015)
Old 07-03-2015, 09:57 AM
2005 TL

Originally Posted by Greenman604
When you first change the radio to XM, quickly turn the TUNE knob to select between the modes.
Sweet about to go try that now. Thank you for the info.