Interior button lights replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Acura Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Interior button lights replacement

Hey guys, some of the interior lights around the nav system in my 06 TL are out. I tried searching for a DIY and found some for every other interior light except the ones around the nav system. How hard is it to replac the lights around the nav system? Also, does anyone know if there are red lights instead of the white ones? It would be awesome if I could make all the lights red! Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-24-2018, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ive replaced mine before but it is a hassle just to let you know. To access them you have to take out the center console and trim, and remove the entire screen and the unit it is in. Honestly it isn't hard just time consuming. When you replace these lights you need to test them before you reinstall. They are polar specific and if installed backwards in the socket they will not work, easy fix unless you have it all back together.

I did not do the lights around the radio because I think they are on the circuit board and I am no where near that skilled.

Personally I like them, they are bright but I do have one that flickers I just haven't got to and another one that is does occasionally. I will tell you they are brighter than the radio so if youre looking for them to match they will not.

The bulb size is T3 and I got mine off E-Bay, a bag of 10 is like $8.
The following users liked this post:
Russel (06-26-2023)
Old 11-24-2018, 03:45 PM
Acura Member

Originally Posted by Gnargasim
Ive replaced mine before but it is a hassle just to let you know. To access them you have to take out the center console and trim, and remove the entire screen and the unit it is in. Honestly it isn't hard just time consuming. When you replace these lights you need to test them before you reinstall. They are polar specific and if installed backwards in the socket they will not work, easy fix unless you have it all back together.

I did not do the lights around the radio because I think they are on the circuit board and I am no where near that skilled.

Personally I like them, they are bright but I do have one that flickers I just haven't got to and another one that is does occasionally. I will tell you they are brighter than the radio so if youre looking for them to match they will not.

Thanks for the info! I may try to replace all the ones around the nav screen first and see how it looks. I've taken everything apart . It does take a little bit of time but I've done it so many times I'm comfortable taking the center console, shifter, and radio apart. Never replaced any of the lights though lol this will be a new adventure! Maybe someone else that has replaced the lights around the radio will find this thread and provide some much needed knowledge haha
Old 11-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Acura Member

Originally Posted by Gnargasim

By any chance, did they look like this? I typed in T3 and found some that are shaped differently. I saw some that were look tubular looking things
Old 11-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
Yup not hard, just time consuming.

These are the ones I used;
Amazon Amazon

Before;
Interior button lights replacement-i7ewmpx.jpg

During; You see the 4 holes directly underneath the radio? You'll need a long flathead to get to the socket's backside, give it like an 1/8th or 1/4 turn to unlock it, then turn the entire radio upside-down to get the old one to fall out.
Interior button lights replacement-bawf7xi.jpg

After; I gotta pull mine out again, some of them are flickering again
Interior button lights replacement-lejdlfc.jpg
Old 11-28-2018, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Originally Posted by mayjarjar
Hey guys, some of the interior lights around the nav system in my 06 TL are out. I tried searching for a DIY and found some for every other interior light except the ones around the nav system.
you didn't search very hard

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...iz.00FsJ9wlJks

Use google instead of the AZ search. i found tons of links that way
Old 12-03-2018, 03:23 AM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
I've changed some bulbs to led some time ago. I have one issue - they are always at the same brightness, nevertheless i am changing it. The shift button works - the bulbs brightness is changing when I am using it.
The question is if all leds behaves like that or mine are faulty?