Infinity Basslink? Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007 | 08:33 AM
Registered TL Lover

where are you guys putting the remote? i was going to try and see if it ccould be put in the blank button spot next to the vsa. if i ever get mine...
Old 04-20-2007 | 08:35 AM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

exactly what I was thinking, I'll just run it up there 1st (don't want to dismantle it until I'm sure I'm gonna keep it). Some have run it into the center console also I believe.
Old 04-20-2007 | 08:42 AM
Cablevision Employee

In regards to the basslink and basslink II, the only difference is the 50watts from the amp right?

Also has anyone tried using that slide in amp to power the main 4 speakers inside the car?
Old 05-10-2007 | 02:01 PM
Registered TL Lover

well i finally got mine and will start installing tomarrow morning this will be my first install of audio equipment wish me luck!
Old 05-10-2007 | 06:34 PM
Cablevision Employee

Originally Posted by RJANACONDA
well i finally got mine and will start installing tomarrow morning this will be my first install of audio equipment wish me luck!
Good luck!

Take pics, and let us know how it comes out.
Old 05-11-2007 | 05:39 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Hooksta
So in my opinion, if you don't want to waste space or money, want something SUPER easy to install, and want BOOM this is the thing for you.
Whaddup cool cat! I was checking out this thread and wondering if I should get this. Is it a really nice punch? I am not looking to be heard coming down the street, but want my bass rounded out nice. Big difference, or barely noticeable?

Off topic: How's the "manual" (bike)?
Old 05-11-2007 | 06:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have a basslink for sale if anyone is interested. I do paypal.
Old 05-11-2007 | 06:34 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by dwest1023
I have a basslink for sale if anyone is interested. I do paypal.
I PM'ed you!
Old 05-11-2007 | 10:33 AM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

Originally Posted by darksom1
I PM'ed you!
Hey Ray, maybe if you get one we can get together and have a basslink install party! I haven't done mine yet, finally purchased the amp wiring kit, just been too busy with yard work.. well, really, just putting off tearing my rattle-free TL apart!

HMMM, that might be a bad idea.. two NBP's together, might meld into one! What would happen to WDP then!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2007 | 11:58 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by rshanahan
Hey Ray, maybe if you get one we can get together and have a basslink install party! I haven't done mine yet, finally purchased the amp wiring kit, just been too busy with yard work.. well, really, just putting off tearing my rattle-free TL apart!

HMMM, that might be a bad idea.. two NBP's together, might meld into one! What would happen to WDP then!!!!!!!
I'll let it marinate Rick!
Old 05-14-2007 | 08:06 AM
Cablevision Employee

All this posting and no install/reviews, WHAT DOES THIS THING SOUNDS LIKE!!?? Of course my main concern is cabin sounds, but I would love to know if there is any bit of a thump on the outside? I would love it if there was, I mean i dont want anything pounding but a little thump would be nice!
Old 05-14-2007 | 09:39 AM
03 3.2 TL FPR

I had one of these in my old ford and the amp blew after about a year of use I have been very disappointed with every sub amp combo I have purchased. In the future I will stick with the amp and sub being seperate.
Old 05-14-2007 | 10:06 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by robbie82
All this posting and no install/reviews, WHAT DOES THIS THING SOUNDS LIKE!!?? Of course my main concern is cabin sounds, but I would love to know if there is any bit of a thump on the outside? I would love it if there was, I mean i dont want anything pounding but a little thump would be nice!
There are pictures of an install from 04' on page 2. I posted mine on like page 4

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=31

There are many threads over the basslink, look around alittle. It sounds good. If you have a song that the bass is distorted or sounds too high..........adjust it on the knob that comes with the basslink. Other than that it is a 10' sub with 200watts running to it, so your not going to be thumping. It sounds good to add all around sound. If you have it too high for awhile, it will get muddy sounding. But with what you say about not wanting to thump it will be fine. For me I bought mine from craigslist for $70, bought a $10 Loc and spent 1 hour installing it. So it was definately worth it to me. I do plan on adding the JL 8' sub and amp combo sometime, just so I can get alittle more. But the basslink is completely fine if you just want to add some more sound. Also you might need to keep the ski shoot open to let all the sound in. The back seat acts as a huge barrier to sound........
Old 05-14-2007 | 12:33 PM
Registered TL Lover

HELP! i installed my bassklinkII this past weekend and im having an issue it seems that when the volume gets loud or more specifically the sub volume it cuts off. I installed with a 10 gauge ampwiring kit the audio input is comming from spliceing (havent soldered yet) in to the sub using the speaker level input feature (no turn on lead) mounted through the carpet to some ply-wood and i have the remote installed in the blank button next to the vsa (will post pics later)
Old 05-14-2007 | 01:12 PM
Trucki!!

Mine will cut out if I play it at max (40) for 5-10 minutes. But I rarely do that. When is it cutting out on you? I used an 8 guage kit on my Basslink I, but the 10 guage should do the job.........
Old 05-14-2007 | 01:42 PM
Registered TL Lover

it depends on the song i have been using my latest DVD-A mix as a tester and since the songs come from so many differant sorces it can vary from song to song
Old 05-14-2007 | 02:20 PM
Trucki!!

But at high volumes?
Old 05-14-2007 | 02:48 PM
Registered TL Lover

not even high some songs the bass cuts off at 25
Old 05-23-2007 | 10:56 PM
Cablevision Employee

Damn that sucks, who installed it.....you?
Old 05-24-2007 | 11:43 PM
Registered TL Lover

yes any ideas?
Old 05-25-2007 | 03:38 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RJANACONDA
yes any ideas?

Try lowering the gains knob a little, you may be maxing out your amp.
Old 05-26-2007 | 11:50 AM
Hooksta

Originally Posted by darksom1
Whaddup cool cat! I was checking out this thread and wondering if I should get this. Is it a really nice punch? I am not looking to be heard coming down the street, but want my bass rounded out nice. Big difference, or barely noticeable?

Off topic: How's the "manual" (bike)?
Hey Ray, I apologize I have been very bad about getting on this BB lately. As I stated in post#103, the basslink worked for me in that 98 Maxima. I personally thought it was clean and punched hard. When I say punched hard, I don't mean like you would see in a competition, but I do mean that it is way more than enough to "feel" your music.

Like I said before it takes up hardly ANY space at all...so you will have 90% of your trunk space still available. It only has something like three wires, so installation is simple too. You can (or could) buy these things new for around $200 on eBay. It was the best $200 I ever invested in that Maxima. My 2003 Maxima had a Bose stereo...which didn't sound nearly as good as that $200 Infinity sub and factory speakers in the 98. I couldn't add the Basslink to the Bose proprietary system though.

Now with the TL...just haven't looked into much. I think having a Basslink would help a bunch no doubt, but the TL stereo is kind of decent on bass...at least for my needs.

The manual is doing quite well by the way. Bought Long Way Round yet?
Old 06-18-2007 | 07:22 AM
Registered TL Lover

well i added a loc and turn-on wire for low input setup and that solved the volume problem i can have volume gain and bass boost at max without it cutting out or distorting i took pics but am having issues getting them off the camera i took pics because i have bassling II and its larger so mine sits almost directly behind the ski hole active sub side facing cabin. i sucseffuly installed the remote in the blank button hole next to vsa it fits like a magnum condum... a little but hanging out but no biggie. but that was yesterday and this is today and now i have no sound comming out the basslinks fuse is still good looks new like it should the power light is on and i verified the voltage for power and remote also the servo light flashes momentarily with the bass like it dose when working/tuned properly so the sub signal is getting there. please dont tell me this thing is finished.
Old 06-18-2007 | 01:31 PM
Trucki!!

Man I don't know what to tell you. I haven't had any of these problems. I can play my stereo on 40 for 20 minutes straight listening to Rap without it cutting out. Ever consider you got a dud? I assume you purchased it new? If so collect on that warranty.....
Old 06-18-2007 | 01:34 PM
Registered TL Lover

thats what im thinking but when you install something yourself for the first time you always have that little voice asking if something you did was wrong
Old 06-21-2007 | 06:00 AM
...I like stories...

Sound barrier...

Originally Posted by lembowski
There are pictures of an install from 04' on page 2. I posted mine on like page 4

Also you might need to keep the ski shoot open to let all the sound in. The back seat acts as a huge barrier to sound........
Sup man, nice pics, great location to install too since i'm a golfer! How are you rolling? Do you always have the ski shoot opened in yours?

Thanks brother,

G
Old 06-21-2007 | 09:39 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by GBockers
Sup man, nice pics, great location to install too since i'm a golfer! How are you rolling? Do you always have the ski shoot opened in yours?

Thanks brother,

G
I normally leave the ski shoot open. It doesn't bother me, and it makes the basslink sound 10 times better.
Old 09-24-2007 | 10:13 AM
Instructor

Just finished installing mine this weekend, i got the basslink I, installed exactly where Lembowski did. I didn't realize how easy this thing is to install, thought it would be harder. Total breeze once u read up on this forum.
This sub surprised the hell outa me as soon as i turned it on...WOW very big sounds from a pretty small and compact sub. Outside the car u can't really hear that much...doens't rattle the trunk at all...but in the driver's seat, wow...way more bass then i expected, i tapped into the factory sub and am running both now. Again, if u turn up the remote that comes with, your seat will shake, you can feel it. DEF worth the $140 i paid on e-bay for a brand new one. Espically considering they are $300 in best-buy. Get a LOC online and a decent amp wiring kit and you'll LOVE this thing...
Old 09-24-2007 | 10:37 AM
Trucki!!

Glad it worked out for you 7Davie7! I think the basslink is wonderful for someone that doesn't want to go deaf in 10 years. It fills the cabin with a great sound.

Do you leave your ski shoot open Davie? It sounds 100 times better with it open.
Old 09-24-2007 | 10:44 AM
Instructor

yeah i keep mine open now..it does A LOT better with it open. Makes ur trunk like a big ported sub-box.
On a bit of a side note, while doing this install i i to take off the carpet cover thing that covers up the bottom of the rear speakers and factory sub. I will say that driving around for a few days with that cover thinig off, made the factory sub sound about 2x as loud. That thing is a Free-Air sub and with the cover there is no "air" for it to work, it just muffles the sound. Well i put it back cuz i like the look and the basslink takes care of it...but for those with just the factory...just removing that cover...i think u'll be surprised how much louder the sub is...
Old 10-23-2007 | 08:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

rshanahan, so did you install it yet?
Old 10-24-2007 | 09:17 AM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

Originally Posted by eccjak
rshanahan, so did you install it yet?
Well, I've come close.. I put away my pride and had my amp power kit installed at a local audio shop. That was 3 weeks ago, now I have nice wires in the trunk.. I just need to find time to do it.

Yes, it's driving me crazy, the factory sub is rattling something fierce (waiting for my next oil service to have the dealer address it).

I might get to it this weekend if weather permits.

Rick
Old 10-27-2007 | 01:15 AM
Advanced

FYI. Just installed Basslink II. Amazing little thing, fully satisfied. Sounds similar to or a little better than my Jetta with one Infinity 12" sub with 400watt amp. I still have room for one single and one double stroller. Highly recommended if you use trunk space on a regular basis and still want some cruising Boom on the weekends, except with no kids .
Old 10-28-2007 | 09:35 AM
Spinnin them beats

Originally Posted by LudaChris
FYI. Just installed Basslink II. Amazing little thing, fully satisfied. Sounds similar to or a little better than my Jetta with one Infinity 12" sub with 400watt amp. I still have room for one single and one double stroller. Highly recommended if you use trunk space on a regular basis and still want some cruising Boom on the weekends, except with no kids .
very nice...

this will probably be my solution once i get a car because i dont want any thing too much and in terms of space

btw, if i buy a line out converter that has a 2 channel output (rca), can i hook up 2 basslinks? overall, it would still be cheaper than a box and all that jazz
Old 10-28-2007 | 11:15 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
very nice...

this will probably be my solution once i get a car because i dont want any thing too much and in terms of space

btw, if i buy a line out converter that has a 2 channel output (rca), can i hook up 2 basslinks? overall, it would still be cheaper than a box and all that jazz
You could.......do you have navi? Asking because if you don't you should be able to tuck one in each wheel well....but if you do have navi you can't. Make sure you run thicker grounds and power cable to the distribution block where they split.

You should have ordered them through cardomain when you could have got the basslink for $100 and the basslink 2 for $160 shipped...........
Old 10-29-2007 | 07:52 PM
Spinnin them beats

Originally Posted by lembowski
You could.......do you have navi? Asking because if you don't you should be able to tuck one in each wheel well....but if you do have navi you can't. Make sure you run thicker grounds and power cable to the distribution block where they split.

You should have ordered them through cardomain when you could have got the basslink for $100 and the basslink 2 for $160 shipped...........
damn it! y didnt i think of that... stupid question... i do have navi

but 1 should work perfectly for my needs
Old 12-24-2007 | 12:11 AM
Instructor

En-at110

What do you think about EN-AT110? Here is the link:

http://www.fusionelectronics.com/pro...product_id=374

They are sold for $99 at Fry's Electronic. They are on sale for $88 this week and $75 for wiring and installation.

Thanks for any comments.
Old 12-24-2007 | 06:58 AM
Trucki!!

Don't like the form factor for taking up space, should work. Looks like a space ship in the trunk.
Old 12-29-2007 | 03:21 AM
Instructor

I decided to take Lembowski advice so here it goes:

I don't even need to bolt it on. The basslink stays pretty tight on that space.
Old 12-29-2007 | 05:55 AM
Trucki!!

Looks good, now get some of that black tubing to hid the wires before they run underneath the carpet. Remember if you leave the ski port open it acts like a port and the music sounds alot better........sounds good closed to but not as much. This I believe is the best location. If my basslink ever dies I will get another and put it in the exact spot.

Quick Reply: Infinity Basslink? Yes or No?