IEBus/CANBUS/GA-NET interface questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
IEBus/CANBUS/GA-NET interface questions

I actually own an 05 RL, not a TL, but I'm striking out with getting more info for it in the RL forum, other than the nav and head unit are similar to the 3rd gen TL in terms of functionality with the IEBus/CANBUS/GA-NET/whatever and getting things to speak to each other.

I also read that a number of TL owners have made up Arduino boards to run the climate controls and other functions that originally only worked through the nav system, and was hoping I could get some assistance in developing something like this for the RL.

For my personal project, I want to get the stock radio to interface with an aftermarket Android head unit so I can run navigation, backup cam, dash cam, obd2 stuff and phone through the android unit. I want to keep the stock radio, simply because it is necessary to run the top display in my car and set the time, and because I'm not sure an android dsp can handle a ten speaker Bose DTS system as well as the stock amp does.

The only things I want to retain that currently require the nav screen are the A/C turn on/status display, the audio settings screen for the stock head unit (bass treble, fade and EQ essentially), and the system time adjustment screen.

If I can somehow get these three things ported to an android unit I'll happily ditch the stock nav screen for an android unit and Google maps. All audio would be handled by the stock head unit and amp with the android stuff integrated with a passthrough through the aux in(xm2 channel).

Just looking for you guys who know what you're doing with the chip boards and such. Any help would be awesome. I've read through what information was available before for the RL, and it just seems like they just didn't have enough technical minds working on the problem, likely because there were so few RLs actually sold. Reading through a few of your posts, however it seems like the TL community has a pretty strong grasp of the systems involved...so can ya help a brutha out, lol?

Old 10-07-2023, 09:36 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Btw, if you notice in the top newer picture, I updated the climate controls hard buttons to the 2010 version in order to have fan speed controls, so the only A/C functions I'd need would be to actually turn the A/C on and mode select(panel/floor, etc)

I'm looking for someone who did the Arduino board so I can get schematics and maybe the software for it so it can be edited and tweaked for the RL.