Help with Ulead DVD MF 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help with Ulead DVD MF 4

My brother has the Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4 on his lap top but i dont see the burn.now software on it. Can anyone point me the right direction on how to burn a dvd audio cuz i dont see the burn.now program on there. I went to the ulead webstite to look for the patch but dont see it. can anyone help.

thanks

has anyone try this program out yet? does it record in 5.1 audio?
Old 01-14-2006, 04:13 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Come on people.... search !

There are LOTS of posts about making DVD-A out there so you will be bound to catch some sh|t from others.

Easy (what I use) = Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo. 34.95 with a generous free trial. www.cirlinca.com

Free = My scripts. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118963
Either of the above will require you convert your mp3s to wav first

Expensive POS (sorry) = If you absolutely do not want to convert your mp3s to wav then there is a Ulead tool that has had some really bad experiences plus it is a $99. https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/my-roommates-vw-gti-121358/

'05 6MT ABP/Camel w/o Nav
Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Adobeman
Come on people.... search !

There are LOTS of posts about making DVD-A out there so you will be bound to catch some sh|t from others.

Expensive POS (sorry) = If you absolutely do not want to convert your mp3s to wav then there is a Ulead tool that has had some really bad experiences plus it is a $99. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121358

'05 6MT ABP/Camel w/o Nav
The reason im asking is becuase i dont want to convert MP3 to wav when making the dvd-a. in your thread, you said to use Ulead MovieFactory to make dvd-a audio but i dont see anything in the Ulead MovieFactory that would let you burn dvd-a. I've read that Ulead does make a program called Burn.Now that does let you burn it but you need the full version of it cause i dont think you can download the patch with the trial version. So i guess all i want to know is that the burn.now is the program i want right? not the ulead movie factory?

thanks
Old 01-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Racer

have anyone try Audio DVD Creator ?
Old 01-16-2006, 04:54 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by bored7one4
The reason im asking is becuase i dont want to convert MP3 to wav when making the dvd-a. in your thread, you said to use Ulead MovieFactory to make dvd-a audio but i dont see anything in the Ulead MovieFactory that would let you burn dvd-a. I've read that Ulead does make a program called Burn.Now that does let you burn it but you need the full version of it cause i dont think you can download the patch with the trial version. So i guess all i want to know is that the burn.now is the program i want right? not the ulead movie factory?

thanks
This may clear things up. From one of the posts I referred you to:

Now, be sure to buy MovieFactory Creator Deluxe version 4. The component that is used for DVD-A creator is Burn Now 2.0. You can NOT buy this component by itself, however it is included in this poackage which lists for UNDER 99 DOLLARS and gives you a compolete authoring package for CDs and DVDs as well as the DVD-A Creation.
Also, in case you don't know, just because you don't want to convert your non-wav files doesn't mean that BurnNow won't do that internally. What I mean to say is that mp3 isn't a naitive format that will go into DVD-A so burn now will convert non-compliant files to compliant ones (like wav and aiff) prior to actually burning. It will probably do this somewhere in some temporary files. Basically don't get the idea that you will fit more songs on a DVD-A just because they are small mp3s. IMHO the Ulead package is a pretty expensive, and arguably problem prone, tool to do what you seek.

Just a suggestion. A free tool like CDEx will convert just about anything to wav files for your. It will also do them in a batch mode. Then a tool like DVD Audio Solo will make the DVD-As for you. This is a process many others have found successful. It will cost you $0.00 for the first 7 disks. After that you will need to get a license for solo at about 1/3 the price of the Ulead tool. If, however, you want the other features that MovieFactory Creator Deluxe offers then go for that since Solo only does DVD-As.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
My brother has the Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4 on his lap top but i dont see the burn.now software on it.
You will need Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4 Disk Creator version. I believe this is what Adobeman refers to as the "Deluxe" edition. This is the version you are looking for to create DVD-As. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Racer

well i give the dvd solo program a shot but when i convert about 50 songs and try to put it on a DVD, i get an error in Solo Dvd saying (Not enough disk space for temporary files : 7760556K/7075836K on drive)

why is that?

right now i just pick out 12 random songs and it looks like it working but how come only 12 on a disc? Isn't it suppose to fit like 99? Is it my DVD -R ?

i just notice each songs in wave format is around 110mb to 140mb depending on the song is that normal?

thanks

and sorry for all the question.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
well i give the dvd solo program a shot but when i convert about 50 songs and try to put it on a DVD, i get an error in Solo Dvd saying (Not enough disk space for temporary files : 7760556K/7075836K on drive)

why is that?
Seems like you are just running out of hard drive space. Pick a drive with more free space as the temporary drive. Its strange that your error message required more than 7 GB. I guess Solo does some background conversions that requires a lot of space.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:02 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

why is that?

right now i just pick out 12 random songs and it looks like it working but how come only 12 on a disc? Isn't it suppose to fit like 99? Is it my DVD -R ?

i just notice each songs in wave format is around 110mb to 140mb depending on the song is that normal?

thanks

and sorry for all the question.
Could be a few things:

1) Do you have any "up-sampling" selected on ? As in from 44.1Khz to 96khz ? If so I don't recommend it. It will cause Solo to build temporary files first and then it will build your HDD. This means you will need a minimum of 2x of what you might think. Each temporary file will be bigger and so will the DVD-A structure prior to burn. Many times this is the culprit in disk space issues.

2) Songs can be any length but a typical 4 to 5 minute 2-channel song at 44.1K/16bit is usually in the 40 to 50 Mb range so I think you may have songs at a higher sample rate and/or bit depth. (or they are > 2 channel)

I suspect #1. 50 "typical" stereo songs at 44.1K/16bit will average in the 3 - 3.5 G area. If you have any re-sampling/upsampling going on then that could boost you well over that into the 7G range you are being warned about.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:48 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol c'mon people

please respect those people giving us answers here.

On the other hand, regulars please consider first timers and non-regulers get directed to "search" button properly.

As adbeman said
1. DVD audio solo (best value for both 2ch,5ch)
2. adobeman's scrip (free for 2ch)
3. ulead ($99, only 2ch)