Full Install w/Pics - BlitzSafe HON/Bluetooth V.2X

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 11:33 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anthracite'04 Great write up I've been looking for a good blue tooth option and I think I'm going to install this after your success!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:28 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot to mention I live in Hawaii, so I never use heating
And if I mounted my phone landscape it doesn't block the time on my tiny display. I attached the magnet to my phone case near the bottom edge so it barely covers the vent. I'm surprised my phone hasn't fallen off yet during driving too.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 539 Posts
What I like about the CD slot mount is that it puts the screen at such an easy reach. Unfortunately, my mountek Snap 3 doesn't seem to stay in the slot no matter how much I tighten it down.

If the mount is high enough that I can keep phone above the little display with temp/radio/clock info, I might try that spot. It comes in tomorrow, so I'll mess with it over the weekend.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:33 AM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridiculust
I forgot to mention I live in Hawaii, so I never use heating
And if I mounted my phone landscape it doesn't block the time on my tiny display. I attached the magnet to my phone case near the bottom edge so it barely covers the vent. I'm surprised my phone hasn't fallen off yet during driving too.
OK, but the mount itself blocks the left temperature display. Again, to each his own...

Originally Posted by KJ TL-S
What I like about the CD slot mount is that it puts the screen at such an easy reach...
That's what I like about my location:

1. Arm's length reach
2. My eyes aren't diverted down into the car.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Intermediate

So what is the final verdict on using this with a 08 acura tl with navigation.

Will it partially work?

What won't work?

What does work?

How does it affect day to day operation of the radio?

Is it worth it to get this unit for a TL with navi?
Old 01-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HighTL
So what is the final verdict on using this with a 08 acura tl with navigation.

Will it partially work?

What won't work?

What does work?

How does it affect day to day operation of the radio?

Is it worth it to get this unit for a TL with navi?
I have one installed in my 07 TLs with navi and these are still difficult questions to answer, lol.

It DOES stream on the AUX/CDC input. That said.. the steering wheel controls do not work, the audio seems noisy or distorted at times, the touch input on the navi is slow when on this input, and sometimes my phone refuses to connect when I get in the car. These issues may be due to my unit being faulty - or an issue with my phone, I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it just yet.

I have a hard time recommending this product over something like the blackberry gateway or
Kinivo Bluetooth adapter Kinivo Bluetooth adapter
. Both of these option eat up your aux port and space in your center console, but they work flawlessly and sound good.
The following users liked this post:
HighTL (01-23-2015)
Old 01-23-2015, 04:17 AM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TLYFE05
Anthracite'04 Great write up I've been looking for a good blue tooth option and I think I'm going to install this after your success!
Thanks, and good luck with the install!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:55 AM
Intermediate

Nice I think I'll go with the Kinivo looks great!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Thunder82
I have one installed in my 07 TLs with navi and these are still difficult questions to answer, lol.

It DOES stream on the AUX/CDC input. That said.. the steering wheel controls do not work, the audio seems noisy or distorted at times, the touch input on the navi is slow when on this input, and sometimes my phone refuses to connect when I get in the car. These issues may be due to my unit being faulty - or an issue with my phone, I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it just yet.

I have a hard time recommending this product over something like the blackberry gateway or Kinivo Bluetooth adapter. Both of these option eat up your aux port and space in your center console, but they work flawlessly and sound good.
had the same issue and the company sent me 3 units. this unit is not intended for vehicles with nav traffic. its not the phone or a faulty unit. in order to have full functionalty of the unit, it must be tee'd in back at the xm tuner if the vehicle has nav traffic.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Intermediate

Just out of curiosity for you guys like me with 07-08 or Type S with live traffic, did you try not plugging in the cable that was initially in the radio? In other words just plug in this thing to the factory radio. I wonder what would happen and if it would work as it is supposed to for cars without live traffic. I assume you would lose xm all together but if anyone else like me doesn't use it, it might be worth the try. Thanks
Old 01-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Instructor

tried that too.. doesnt work.. the xm tuner communicates with the navi,hfl,and the cars computer,so it needs to be connected
Old 01-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cpozzuolo
tried that too.. doesnt work.. the xm tuner communicates with the navi,hfl,and the cars computer,so it needs to be connected
Gotcha, looks like no other way around the isimple ISHD571 pghhd2c and isbt21. Thanks for the fast response
Old 01-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Instructor

i am about to try a us spec bt45 acu. will report back if it works. this is supposed to tie into the factory xm tuner with nav traffic and give bluetooth a2dp and calls.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Race Director

had the same issue and the company sent me 3 units. this unit is not intended for vehicles with nav traffic. its not the phone or a faulty unit. in order to have full functionalty of the unit, it must be tee'd in back at the xm tuner if the vehicle has nav traffic.
But the only thing you lose is changing tracks with the steering wheel button, correct?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
But the only thing you lose is changing tracks with the steering wheel button, correct?
more than that. the radio would freeze when switching inputs. no control with steering wheel controls or radio controls. basically it operates exactly the same as the $16.00 blackberry music gateway on amazon, only way more money. i tried both and am using the blackberry.could not see spending $90 for something that works the same as the gateway
Old 01-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Intermediate

more than that. the radio would freeze when switching inputs. no control with steering wheel controls or radio controls. basically it operates exactly the same as the $16.00 blackberry music gateway on amazon, only way more money. i tried both and am using the blackberry.could not see spending $90 for something that works the same as the gateway
I don't want you to take this the wrong way but are you sure you tried BT45-ACU and not one of the older ones that (based on my reading these forums) have those issues? This one appears to be new, i believe 2 or 3 months old. There's hardly any reviews or anything about it but based on reading the instructions manual for it downloaded from crutchfield, it appears to be the best bluetooth solution for the live traffic vehicles. Again based on reading, i haven't tried it but was about to order it. Autotoys has it for 155$ and a 15$ off coupon as part of the 2015 new year specials, so not a bad price if you ask me. I was disappointed to see that the usb port appears to be only for charging so can't connect anything to it for playback like other devices. I actually called usaspec today but no answer so i assume they are closed.
Anyway i feel kinda bad for going off topic of what the OP intended but hopefully it leads to good outcome for those of us with live traffic looking for options.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great!... Good taste in music too! lol Melancholy was a great album!
Old 01-25-2015, 05:50 PM
10th Gear

awesome step by step tutorial on breaking it open, thanks so much man.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:08 PM
A-SPEC TL

so my dash is all apart right now, i didnt have an existing 14pin connector in the back of the radio( i have a canadian 05 tl with navi and no XM) i plugged the blitzsafe into the back of the radio and left the other end off. radio switches from CD to CD-C, so it seems to be powering up but i cant seem to connect to bluetooth with my iphone 5s. does the female connector have to be plugged in, or will this not work with my car at all?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:10 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Klutch
so my dash is all apart right now, i didnt have an existing 14pin connector in the back of the radio( i have a canadian 05 tl with navi and no XM) i plugged the blitzsafe into the back of the radio and left the other end off. radio switches from CD to CD-C, so it seems to be powering up but i cant seem to connect to bluetooth with my iphone 5s. does the female connector have to be plugged in, or will this not work with my car at all?
Does your iPhone see the device? It shows up as "Anystream" on my S4.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:16 PM
A-SPEC TL

Does your iPhone see the device? It shows up as "Anystream" on my S4.
nope not seeing anything with anystream on it. thanks for the quick reply
Old 01-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Race Director

Dunno. If you don't have XM, then I wouldn't expect the port on the back of the radio to be filled, so that part makes sense.

I just noticed that the Blitzsafe diagram showing the port location is wrong. The port should be on the right side of the back of the radio (nearest the driver's side), not the left. I assume that's the port that you plugged into?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:34 PM
A-SPEC TL

Yes that is correct, closest to the drivers side 14PIN. I tired using my blackberry to try to pair with it also, that didnt work either.

Just fired off a email to techsupport @ blitzsafe also
Old 01-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Cruisin'

Kinda silly question here, but did you plug the BT antenna into the module? Only asking because if the unit is receiving power, I can't see why it wouldn't put out a BT signal unless it is faulty?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by FLTL08
Looks great!... Good taste in music too! lol Melancholy was a great album!
Originally Posted by wherethebuffaloroam
awesome step by step tutorial on breaking it open, thanks so much man.
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2015, 06:45 PM
A-SPEC TL

Originally Posted by Anthracite'04
Kinda silly question here, but did you plug the BT antenna into the module? Only asking because if the unit is receiving power, I can't see why it wouldn't put out a BT signal unless it is faulty?
Yeah I have it plugged in. Still nothing. When I plug it in I get a buzzing noise through the speakers
Old 01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikezpc
I don't want you to take this the wrong way but are you sure you tried BT45-ACU and not one of the older ones that (based on my reading these forums) have those issues? This one appears to be new, i believe 2 or 3 months old. There's hardly any reviews or anything about it but based on reading the instructions manual for it downloaded from crutchfield, it appears to be the best bluetooth solution for the live traffic vehicles. Again based on reading, i haven't tried it but was about to order it. Autotoys has it for 155$ and a 15$ off coupon as part of the 2015 new year specials, so not a bad price if you ask me. I was disappointed to see that the usb port appears to be only for charging so can't connect anything to it for playback like other devices. I actually called usaspec today but no answer so i assume they are closed.
Anyway i feel kinda bad for going off topic of what the OP intended but hopefully it leads to good outcome for those of us with live traffic looking for options.
i haven't tried the us spec t45 acu yet. waiting for it to come in the mail. i was explaining about the blitzsafe that not compatible with the 07-08 with nav traffic
Old 01-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Intermediate

i haven't tried the us spec t45 acu yet. waiting for it to come in the mail. i was explaining about the blitzsafe that not compatible with the 07-08 with nav traffic
Oh lol cool my bad. Hope it works as advertised. If you happen to try something in the usb port like ipod or phone or usb drive i wonder if it will do any more than charging. I'll call usa spec tomorrow and ask.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Race Director

Yeah I have it plugged in. Still nothing. When I plug it in I get a buzzing noise through the speakers
When you plug what in? The antenna or the unit to the radio?

FYI, the ignition should be off when you plug the unit into the radio...
Old 01-26-2015, 12:42 AM
A-SPEC TL

When you plug what in? The antenna or the unit to the radio?

FYI, the ignition should be off when you plug the unit into the radio...
Just when I plug in the antenna.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:59 PM
Intermediate

i am about to try a us spec bt45 acu. will report back if it works. this is supposed to tie into the factory xm tuner with nav traffic and give bluetooth a2dp and calls.
Fyi i just spoke to them and usb cable port is strictly for charging
Old 01-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Drifting

Figured I may as well finish off my story here related to the mount. I really like the placement of the CD player mounts, but I couldn't get them to stay tight, they would eventually fall out. So I wasn't sure this was going to work, but initial impressions are that it feels very very solid. And the phone stays in the location I wanted, and I keep the options of portrait and landscape.

Name:  20150126_204810_zpskq16aidp.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  79.4 KB
Old 01-26-2015, 10:01 PM
Race Director

^^^^ so that blocks access to the CD changer correct? Guess it's not really an issue if you'll be streaming all your music now via BT...
Old 01-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Drifting

Yup, blocks access...and I haven't put a CD in there in probably 2 years, so I hadn't even thought about covering it up. I just wanted a good place to mount my phone since all I listen to is BT streaming or XM.

Oh, and I don't use this blitz thing either. Blackberry Gateway has been working wonderfully for me for a couple years now, and I see no reason to mess with a good thing.

Last edited by KJ TL-S; 01-26-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:44 PM
A-SPEC TL

anyone have the same problem with me? blitzsafe havent even replied to me yet
Old 01-27-2015, 07:08 PM
Race Director

anyone have the same problem with me? blitzsafe havent even replied to me yet
Not that I know of.

And their TS sux IMO. They didn't even know what aptX was.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Race Director

Klutch, any word from Blitzsafe?
Old 01-28-2015, 09:01 PM
A-SPEC TL

Nothing from them. Might just pull it out and put the car back together. Even with the female end not connected it should still do something. All the wires connect within the harness as it looks like. Even get the display saying CD-C or something. Just cant find the blue tooth connection.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for th write up! This looks like a better option than the isimple since no wires, just bought my 06 tl so i think im gonna give this a go, mostly need this for pandora and nav (waze)
Old 01-29-2015, 06:38 PM
A-SPEC TL

They emailed me back, basically saying it should work.....lol i know that

Quick Reply: Full Install w/Pics - BlitzSafe HON/Bluetooth V.2X