DVD-Audio Creation - The BEST Commercial Way to do it PERIOD!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Role model

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im doing this right now with the ulead.....and it's been 1.5 hrs...and the disc is still burning.....

argghhh
Old 12-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Role model

okay wtf...im mad now....

i just spent 3 hours dling and making a dvd-a disc.....

just made one, and i ran out to the car in 15 deg weather in shorts to see if it would work....

pop disc in......car recognizes it as dvd-a, but then....SPITS IT OUT!!!!!!!

whats wrong?

the nav screen shows that it's a dvd-a disc, but it would play......any ideas?

thx
Old 12-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by yoolykeme
okay wtf...im mad now....

i just spent 3 hours dling and making a dvd-a disc.....

just made one, and i ran out to the car in 15 deg weather in shorts to see if it would work....

pop disc in......car recognizes it as dvd-a, but then....SPITS IT OUT!!!!!!!

whats wrong?

the nav screen shows that it's a dvd-a disc, but it would play......any ideas?

thx
Sorry, but you've been screwed. Ulead is a crap program. I bought it and had to get my money refunded.

Get the software from cirlinca.com

Easy and almost error proof.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Role model

orly?

that sucks.

i mean....theres a button that says "create dvd-audio" -so wheres the problem?

and the car recognizes it.....

i want that 3 hours of my life back!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by schrady
Sorry, but you've been screwed. Ulead is a crap program. I bought it and had to get my money refunded.

Get the software from cirlinca.com

Easy and almost error proof.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by yoolykeme
orly?

that sucks.

i mean....theres a button that says "create dvd-audio" -so wheres the problem?

and the car recognizes it.....

i want that 3 hours of my life back!!!!!!!
Ulead=Sh&t in my book. Per Schrady, get Cirlinca DVD AUdio Solo
Old 12-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Airline jet aircraft tech

I downloaded the Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo demo program which allows you you to try it for 7 DVD burns or 60 days. After burning my first 72 track wav file audio DVD, it will not play on my computer, home DVD player or audio system in my TL. I do not see any wav files on the DVD, but there are 3 data folders on this DVD. The folders are AUDIO TS (6 ATS and 6 AUDIO files), VIDEO TS (empty) and DATA (notepad with track descriptions). The wav files were on my home computer and none were ripped from CD. The DVD burner I used is a PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A 1.04, and the DVD media was Plextor DVD+R 16X. Is this normal for the demo mode to create a DVD I can't use? I'm waiting for Cirlinca support to get back to me.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:23 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by maddog136
I downloaded the Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo demo program which allows you you to try it for 7 DVD burns or 60 days. After burning my first 72 track wav file audio DVD, it will not play on my computer, home DVD player or audio system in my TL. I do not see any wav files on the DVD, but there are 3 data folders on this DVD. The folders are AUDIO TS (6 ATS and 6 AUDIO files), VIDEO TS (empty) and DATA (notepad with track descriptions). The wav files were on my home computer and none were ripped from CD. The DVD burner I used is a PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A 1.04, and the DVD media was Plextor DVD+R 16X. Is this normal for the demo mode to create a DVD I can't use? I'm waiting for Cirlinca support to get back to me.
Unless you know your batch, not just the brand, of +R media to have played in the car prior to this then try -R media. It is generally much more compatible.

Also, DVD-A will only play on home/computer players that display the DVD-Audio logo. Much different thay DVD-V
Old 12-12-2005, 08:25 PM

I have tried Sony, Memorex and Maxell DVD-R media with no luck using Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo. Only 1 out of 7 Memorex DVD-r's were recognized and started to record but it failed with a N-203 error on writing to disk. I had a Verbatum DVD+R write ok previously but it won't play in the TL. I'm using a Plextor PX-716A firmware 1.09 DVD burner. Can anyone recommend the right DVD-R media to use
which Solo will recognize?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:24 PM

I bought Plextor recommended Verbatum 16X DVD-R's for my DVD burner and still no luck with Cirlinca DVD Solo. It recognizes the type of DVD and it's speed but when I click in the write button nothing happens.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Instructor

I was having problems with DVD Solo's buring engine so now I just use the program to create a DVD audio ISO file and use NERO 6 to burn it to a variety of -R media and it works every time, I haven't been able to get any +R media to play.

instead of burning to disk choose save to file and use a more reliable burning engine, the program is great for creating the correct ISO image for NERO to burn.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:28 AM

WOOHOO- I've finally had success with Cirlinca using Verbatum 16X DVD-R's! Patience is the key. After you create the project that you want to burn, when you click on the "write" button you may have to wait 3-5 minutes for anything to happen! Don't forget to save the project so you can recall it later if you want to edit and reburn it. I've got 3 burns left in my demo version- update to follow. Thanks to Adobeman and Schrady for getting the word out on this.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:42 AM

I have used all of my Cirlinca DVD-Solo demo burns and now have 6 excellent DVD mixes in the TL. Solo has not been able to create a DVD for me with more than 92 tracks or about 4.2 G on it. All were done with Verbatum 16X DVD-R's.
The only problems that I reported to Cirlinca for their next program update is to create a dialogue box or status coundown to appear when the write button is clicked informing the user that the track check is occuring and wait. The lack of visable activity leads one to beleive that something is wrong. The FreeDB feature does not correcty identify music CD titles and tracks every time. Still, I am satisfied and will probably buy the program after I get bored with the 500+ songs in the TL!
Old 12-16-2005, 04:51 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by maddog136
I have used all of my Cirlinca DVD-Solo demo burns and now have 6 excellent DVD mixes in the TL. Solo has not been able to create a DVD for me with more than 92 tracks or about 4.2 G on it. All were done with Verbatum 16X DVD-R's.
The only problems that I reported to Cirlinca for their next program update is to create a dialogue box or status coundown to appear when the write button is clicked informing the user that the track check is occuring and wait. The lack of visable activity leads one to beleive that something is wrong. The FreeDB feature does not correcty identify music CD titles and tracks every time. Still, I am satisfied and will probably buy the program after I get bored with the 500+ songs in the TL!
I found the Free DB also misidentified some of my CDs. As to the countdown issue I guess I disagree. Once you start a burn it says what it is doing in it's status area and the constant clattering of the HDD is more than enough evidence to me that it is transcoding the AOBs to be burned.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:46 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
DVD Audio Solo will not allow me to put more than 18-20 tracks per disc. When I click on Write, it initializes the DVD and says "Too many files to burn DVD disc" However with my 76 tracks it's hardly 3 GB. Can anyone help?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

Does anyone know how to create DVD-A w/a MAC?
Old 12-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by FSHIZZL
Does anyone know how to create DVD-A w/a MAC?

Although I am not a MAC person, I did see some talk about Toast being able to. You might want to look into that.

jjh1234
Old 12-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JoganJani
DVD Audio Solo will not allow me to put more than 18-20 tracks per disc. When I click on Write, it initializes the DVD and says "Too many files to burn DVD disc" However with my 76 tracks it's hardly 3 GB. Can anyone help?
I'm seeing the same thing

I'm trying to write DVD-As from 6 channel .wav files.

I've sent the company a request for help - we'll see if they respond...
Old 12-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Cruisin'

ulead with burnnow 2.0 - that totally did the trick! here's my question, i want to squeeze as much as possible on a DVD-a.. i have MP3 files, but i'm listening to talk radio on my dvd-a (howard stern, yea), so at normal rates i got 1.5 days worth of shows (6 hours or so) -- any advice on how to maximize this?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:49 AM
Team Anthracite Member

OK. So I've used 3 different programs and got different results. 1st - I used Adobeman's program and got it to work with no problems at all, only thing is some songs end prematurely (either after 2 seconds of playing or sometimes halfway through, it varies). I do have to say, it is a very impressive program, especially for free. I downloaded DVD Solo and I cannot even get the navigation pane to show me any .wav or mp3 files in order to start burning a disc in the first place. It shows me my folder, but never goes into the folder to show me the actual files. The last program I tried was ULead and received the famous error 807..... while burning. Is there any guarantee if you pay for the full version and update the software that there will be no more problems? Adobeman, I've seen some other people post about songs ending prematurely. Is there any idea what's causing this and what can be done to fix it? Thanks!!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

It may be how you are ripping ....

Originally Posted by AckTL189
OK. So I've used 3 different programs and got different results. 1st - I used Adobeman's program and got it to work with no problems at all, only thing is some songs end prematurely (either after 2 seconds of playing or sometimes halfway through, it varies). I do have to say, it is a very impressive program, especially for free. I downloaded DVD Solo and I cannot even get the navigation pane to show me any .wav or mp3 files in order to start burning a disc in the first place. It shows me my folder, but never goes into the folder to show me the actual files. The last program I tried was ULead and received the famous error 807..... while burning. Is there any guarantee if you pay for the full version and update the software that there will be no more problems? Adobeman, I've seen some other people post about songs ending prematurely. Is there any idea what's causing this and what can be done to fix it? Thanks!!
With my scripts it may be how you have ripped the songs. I found that on one occasion where I used a different computer than I usually rip with that the songs ended prematurely. Try ripping to CD->wav with a different program and try keeping the rip speed at 3X or lower.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Sounds like a plan....I'll give it a try
Old 12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Advanced

DVD solo

There is a setting in DVD SOLO that determines which type of files you can browse. Just set it to all and you can add anything. If its incompatible, it will tell you before the creation of the dvd starts.

SOLO is the only way to go in my humble opinion. I have made 0 coasters using memorex -R media and also compusa bargain basement media junk.
I have a Pioneer a109 (Ithink) DL DVD burner.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Cruisin'

I had this same problem with 2 of the many discs I have created using Adobeman's program (wonderful, wonderful program, btw). Seems to me the problem was that when I was creating the 2 discs with errors I was also trying to use the computer for other tasks.

My sense is that the computer needs all its resources during the burning process. When I have refrained from trying to accomplish other computer tasks during the burning process I haven't had the problem of songs ending part way through. Anecdotal, but worth a try, I think.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:44 PM
2nd Gear

Question I agree

Originally Posted by schrady
You guys should try the "search" feature once in awhile.

www.cirlinca.com

Burns 5.1 dvda perfectly (must have 5.1 source)

I have not made one coaster and its only $35!!!

Does 2 channel as well and DL+R media.
I installed trial version of cirlinca, DVD-Audio Solo and worked great first try on Maxell DVD-R as far as I can tell.

Don't laugh. My problem is I cannot figure out how to change Groups on the player (No Navi).

Thanks for any help...
Old 01-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cc_04MT
I installed trial version of cirlinca, DVD-Audio Solo and worked great first try on Maxell DVD-R as far as I can tell.

Don't laugh. My problem is I cannot figure out how to change Groups on the player (No Navi).

Thanks for any help...
Hold the "SCAN" and "REPEAT" buttons to change groups.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:30 PM
never stops!

Originally Posted by lumpydog
I'm seeing the same thing

I'm trying to write DVD-As from 6 channel .wav files.

I've sent the company a request for help - we'll see if they respond...
Did you get any reply? Any updates?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:36 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

^^^^
Do you guys have the option called something like "up-sample to 96k/24bit" turned on? If so then turn it off. This will cause Solo to re-encode your files into much bigger files and you will get less on the disk.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JoganJani
Did you get any reply? Any updates?
I did get a reply from the DVD solo guys. I have a dual layer burner, so the DVD solo folks recommended that I download their current beta software (which supports dual layer DVD burning. Using DL DVDs, everything that I ripped to 6 channel .wav in 24 bit fit nicely onto the DL DVD via DVD Solo. Too bad DL DVDs are still about $4 each...

The DVD solo folks never did explain why 6 channel .wav files that were under 4.4GB would not burn onto a single layer DVD.... Maybe a bug?

Given the expense of DL DVDs, I ended up ripping my DVD Video to 6 channel .wav files using DVD Extractor's 16 bit mode - wich resulted in much smaller .wav files. This compromises some of the audio fidelity, but not enough to make it obvious when listening to the results.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:13 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
can i convert SACD to DVD audio?

theres a lot more torrents of SACDs than DVD-a's
Old 01-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Safety Car

Another great app is DeepBurner. There are two versions; Pro ($19.95) and DeepBurner Free v1.7 (latest version). This app was recommended on Adobeman's thread and it works great for burning.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JustinZ
can i convert SACD to DVD audio?

theres a lot more torrents of SACDs than DVD-a's
I maybe wrong, but I don't think there is a ripper for SACD recordings (yet). SACD uses a technology called Direct Stream Digital DSD) as opposed to PCM used by Audio CD's, DVD-Video and DVD-Audio. Maybe some of the other technolgy minded folks can chime in.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:14 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
If you have a 6 channel sound card, you can "play" the SACD into your PC and record the 6 wav files in sync, just as you would an old quadraphonic reel of 8 track. I use Sony Vegas to do this. Once you have the 6 wav files, away you go. If you like, record them at 24/96 and you'll have some real nice sounding DVD-A's!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Cruisin'

Exclamation

deepburner - it doesnt do dvd-a's, does it? it doesn't mention that anywhere their site.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:52 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by bsaitz
deepburner - it doesnt do dvd-a's, does it? it doesn't mention that anywhere their site.
To my knowledge, deepburner will not produce DVD-As but if you have already have an .ISO (image) for a DVD-A, like those created by my DVD-A scripts, then Deepburner can burn the image.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:58 PM
never stops!

Originally Posted by lumpydog
I did get a reply from the DVD solo guys. I have a dual layer burner, so the DVD solo folks recommended that I download their current beta software (which supports dual layer DVD burning. Using DL DVDs, everything that I ripped to 6 channel .wav in 24 bit fit nicely onto the DL DVD via DVD Solo. Too bad DL DVDs are still about $4 each...

The DVD solo folks never did explain why 6 channel .wav files that were under 4.4GB would not burn onto a single layer DVD.... Maybe a bug?

Given the expense of DL DVDs, I ended up ripping my DVD Video to 6 channel .wav files using DVD Extractor's 16 bit mode - wich resulted in much smaller .wav files. This compromises some of the audio fidelity, but not enough to make it obvious when listening to the results.
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get 6 channel with 192Mhz and 24 bit up to 18 songs on sigle layer.

For 2 channel I reduced the output size by geting 192 to 48 hz and 24 to 16 bit and was fine burning it, thanks to Adobeman for replying my PM. Now I've 4 DVD-As with 78-80 songs per disc for 2 channels and 18-20 with 6 channels.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Instructor

As for the question on Mac burning DVD-Audio with a Mac, Roxio's Toast does make DVD's that contain audio and will play on traditional DVD-Video players. But these will not work in our TL's (tried it).
Old 01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by bigman606
As for the question on Mac burning DVD-Audio with a Mac, Roxio's Toast does make DVD's that contain audio and will play on traditional DVD-Video players. But these will not work in our TL's (tried it).
Thanks for updating us on this.

I'm guessing that they encode the audio into VOB files as PCM or mpeg in the VIDEO_TS dir on the disk. Take a look at the discs directories. If there are no files in the AUDIO_TS dir (or no AUDIO_TS dir) and a bunch of files in the VIDEO_TS dir then that's what they are doing.

Since most people have DVD-V players and relatively few have players that also play DVD-A I guess I understand why they do it. I just wish they were clearer in there descriptions of the programs. It is very tough to get a clear picture with many programs unless you actually buy them (or someone else posts there experience)
Old 01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
4th Gear

Ulead works for me

Originally Posted by atomarchio
I'm voting for Ulead. Just installed the product last night and it works great. None of that converting the files from MP3 to wav.

With the script I could never the image to work right and then Nero would not burn the file onto a DVD for some reason.

This solution from Ulead (it does cost $99 but does everything in one step) I think is much better!
Not sure why Ulead is getting such a bad rap. It has worked like a dream for me.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rumba101
Not sure why Ulead is getting such a bad rap. It has worked like a dream for me.

Although I have had problems with Ulead software before, at least they always seem to release patches in a timely manner.

rumba, three questions if you will:

1 - did you have to install any patches to get it to work?

2 - does Ulead support multiple groups?

3 - how many songs have you squeezed on a dvd (most of mine are 128k)?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rumba101
Ditto on that rumba! I knew the program works from this thread so I tested it with the media I had around the house. I made the program make 3 copies:
  1. Memorex DVD+R - burned ok, TL spit it back out
  2. Fuji DVD+R - burned ok, TL spit it out
  3. Maxell DVD-R - worked like a charm!

jjh: I installed the latest patches before I tried burning it. I think Ulead supports multiple groups, but I heard the TL wont play anything past group 1. dvd-audio standards let you place up to 99 songs. I think the program converts mp3 to wav so it doesnt really matter what kbps your mp3s are at.

Thanks for the headups MikeRadio and all!

Quick Reply: DVD-Audio Creation - The BEST Commercial Way to do it PERIOD!