DIY Navigation Hack: The RESURRECTION thread 2015 on steroids!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019 | 12:44 AM
Racer

2019 Revival with new valid links

Well, another 2 years have passed and still see this thread thriving both on Youtube and on public forums. Man if I had accepted the monitization on YouTube I would have had 25$!!

But I clearly remember the pain of having to recompile all the files needed and missing one for more than 1 year, I made myself a promise that as long as I can physically type and scroll, I will not put anyone through this process again and I will keep my links active with the original easy as burn and insert in car

So here we go, this time the zip should be valid for another decade hopefully because the only thing that I have in common with the original thread is my Gmail account.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ttb...ew?usp=sharing

While I am here I see that the same types of questions keep on coming back even if the instructions are very clear and provide the answers so let me post a small FAQ:

Is it really as easy as burn the files and put the disk in the car? Yes of course all you have to do is take the 9 bin files and burn a ISO data disc using any burning software and burn on any CD-R or DVD-R

I have a white navigation disk............? No I've made this clear 50,000 times if your disc is orange you're golden if your disk is any other color it just doesn't work so stop asking, I don't care what year is your car or if it's a different type of model, orange. Acura. TL. that's it. I hope this is the last time we hear that stupid question

What do I get if I download your file as is and burn them directly? The files will give you everything listed in the original thread and my boot screen with my name on it so unless your name is Patrick you can just delete the files before you burn or look at the instructions to replace it with yours

See you in a decade!
The following 3 users liked this post by polish_pat:
BreezyTL (07-23-2019), csmeance (07-23-2019), pohljm (11-26-2019)
Old 07-23-2019 | 10:28 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by polish_pat
Well, another 2 years have passed and still see this thread thriving both on Youtube and on public forums. Man if I had accepted the monitization on YouTube I would have had 25$!!

But I clearly remember the pain of having to recompile all the files needed and missing one for more than 1 year, I made myself a promise that as long as I can physically type and scroll, I will not put anyone through this process again and I will keep my links active with the original easy as burn and insert in car

So here we go, this time the zip should be valid for another decade hopefully because the only thing that I have in common with the original thread is my Gmail account.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ttb...ew?usp=sharing

While I am here I see that the same types of questions keep on coming back even if the instructions are very clear and provide the answers so let me post a small FAQ:

Is it really as easy as burn the files and put the disk in the car? Yes of course all you have to do is take the 9 bin files and burn a ISO data disc using any burning software and burn on any CD-R or DVD-R

I have a white navigation disk............? No I've made this clear 50,000 times if your disc is orange you're golden if your disk is any other color it just doesn't work so stop asking, I don't care what year is your car or if it's a different type of model, orange. Acura. TL. that's it. I hope this is the last time we hear that stupid question

What do I get if I download your file as is and burn them directly? The files will give you everything listed in the original thread and my boot screen with my name on it so unless your name is Patrick you can just delete the files before you burn or look at the instructions to replace it with yours

See you in a decade!
I have been wanting to do this for a while now. One day I will get to it. Thanks for keeping it active and answering questions! You the man PP!
Old 10-25-2019 | 07:02 PM
7th Gear

Okay I have been trying to make this "Mod" Disc for a few hours now. I've been following the instructions for the White Navi Disc Hack that was provided in Pat's dropbox zip file. The command: "8to16 replace.bmp Opening1.bmp" gives me the following error "?Error 2 Opening `replace.bmp`". WTF am I doing wrong. I following this thing step by step. Please Help!!!
Old 10-25-2019 | 07:46 PM
7th Gear

Okay I found the problem. It was a compatibility issue with the .bin files. I got those fixed and was able to burn the 6 files to a blank DVD. I loaded the Disc in the car and now I have a Disc Error message. Anybody have any advice?
Old 11-23-2019 | 02:26 PM
Advanced

is there any way this could make album artwork, song name ect. show up? I miss having all that!
Old 11-26-2019 | 03:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Not sure if anyone can assist on this, but I just received my repaired DVD drive from Alpine and they must have upgraded the software somewhere so that now my custom .bin file will not stay loaded and it reverts back to the OEM default nag screen and everything!

That really sucks cuz the nag screen elimination and custom splash screen was my all time favorite mod. I load the custom .bin disc and then when the error screen comes up I replace with the OEM navi disc, but it reboots with the old OEM bin and back to square one........

Any ideas on how to get this to work again?
Old 12-16-2019 | 03:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Figured it out! new orange disc they gave me was a different version. They sent me my old disc back and my Angry Dad software is back loaded and I am happy!
Old 12-25-2019 | 10:44 PM
Advanced

Ah trying to get to the files through the link but there not on Dropbox anymore!
Old 12-25-2019 | 11:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by newlux
Ah trying to get to the files through the link but there not on Dropbox anymore!
Nvm(:
Old 03-11-2021 | 04:38 AM
Racer

Thank you for this! Seeing this is five years old any options for newer hacks? I would like to do this on my 2005 TL with navigation and if have step by step please post details how to do same on a 2013 TSX navigation if matters wagon.
🖖
Old 11-21-2021 | 06:57 PM
1st Gear

Are these files still available? The dropbox link no longer exist.
Old 09-21-2024 | 12:25 PM
6th Gear

Hey Y'all it's 2024, any chance of a 2024 revival? that Google Drive Link is dead lol. much appreciated!!!
Old 10-15-2024 | 10:34 PM
Pro

I was going to ask the same thing but when I visited his YouTube video, I discovered that the link is updated in his YouTube video description.

When I got my 06TL in 2009, the previous owner already did this mod with a Batman logo and gave me the disc. I wonder if I can just copy the DVD but change only the picture and burn a new disc so that I can use my own image. Does that sound like something that might work?

Originally Posted by titefitnmada
Are these files still available? The dropbox link no longer exist.
Originally Posted by defekTSX
Hey Y'all it's 2024, any chance of a 2024 revival? that Google Drive Link is dead lol. much appreciated!!!

Last edited by robocam; 10-15-2024 at 10:38 PM.