CD changer jammed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009 | 07:06 PM
04 6MT WDP w/ black Whls

CD changer jammed?

I'm a computer guy, so I can understand a lot of the things involved with a CD player/changer, but I'm not a car audio person, so... here's my problem.

I just bought my 04 TL a week ago and forgot to bring a CD to test the stereo, but it seemed to work fine with the radio. Bought it, took it home and tried to put a CD in... can't do it. I hit the load button, or hold it, and no green light, or any light. Try to eject CDs and nothing happens except a blinking "eject" on the upper console clock center. I try to go to the CD portion of the navigation and it won't show me anything... no loaded CDs or anything... doesn't even switch over from the radio screen, or whatever its on. I have a friend who had an 03 TL and currently has an 08 TL-S, and he looked at it and directed me here... we couldn't figure it out.

Any thoughts?

For more background on the car, it has two amps installed in the trunk, one four channel for the rear and fronts, and one for subs that were taken out before it was sold (or returned if it was a lease car). I don't know what was done other than that, but this relates to another speaker volume issue I'm having, which I'm going to post another thread on.
Old 07-04-2009 | 07:11 PM
Senior Moderator

press the load button and see if does anything, the LED should change to green. If it doesn't, the changer is probably messed up and it will require repair. Pioneer makes the ELS system, so it may be worth calling them up and seeing if they can repair it.
Old 07-04-2009 | 07:33 PM
04 6MT WDP w/ black Whls

There's definitely no green light... but I'll try giving Pioneer a call.

On another note, in the DVD unit there a slot for a PC card... what's the story with that?
Old 07-06-2009 | 07:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by CamraMaan
There's definitely no green light... but I'll try giving Pioneer a call.

On another note, in the DVD unit there a slot for a PC card... what's the story with that?
If your talking about the DVD box in the trunk, the PC card slot is for Acura use only, I think for diags. Welcome to AZ
Old 07-06-2009 | 04:17 PM
04 6MT WDP w/ black Whls

Thanks! This is an awesome forum!

So is this 100% known that the PC Card slot can't be used for other things than diagnostics? Do we know anyone who has confirmed this? Besides Acura...

Has anyone tried to make it work with an PCMCIA SD card reader? It looks like the right kind of slot for it, and if its connected to the DVD and Nav system I would assume there is a two-way communication between both gathering car info and also getting diagnostic instructions... if the car is set up to read from the slot, via the CE(?) OS, then it might be very feasible to have it read from an SD card and play MP3's... Even if it isn't ready to do it right now, it might not be that hard to reconfigure.

Anyway, I started another thread on this, so I don't want to keep two threads going for the same conversation...
Old 07-06-2009 | 10:24 PM
Instructor

I'm a computer guy, so I can understand a lot of the things involved with a CD player/changer, but I'm not a car audio person, so... here's my problem.

I just bought my 04 TL a week ago and forgot to bring a CD to test the stereo, but it seemed to work fine with the radio. Bought it, took it home and tried to put a CD in... can't do it. I hit the load button, or hold it, and no green light, or any light. Try to eject CDs and nothing happens except a blinking "eject" on the upper console clock center. I try to go to the CD portion of the navigation and it won't show me anything... no loaded CDs or anything... doesn't even switch over from the radio screen, or whatever its on. I have a friend who had an 03 TL and currently has an 08 TL-S, and he looked at it and directed me here... we couldn't figure it out.

Any thoughts?

For more background on the car, it has two amps installed in the trunk, one four channel for the rear and fronts, and one for subs that were taken out before it was sold (or returned if it was a lease car). I don't know what was done other than that, but this relates to another speaker volume issue I'm having, which I'm going to post another thread on.
Get a new radio. same thing happend on my tl . I'v took it to a audio shop and open the radio unit and saw 2 broken cd + 4 jammed cd, while trying to remove the cd from inside the guy broke or bend something inside so i coudnt fix it.
Old 07-07-2009 | 06:31 AM
04 6MT WDP w/ black Whls

Originally Posted by lankanboy1
Get a new radio. same thing happend on my tl . I'v took it to a audio shop and open the radio unit and saw 2 broken cd + 4 jammed cd, while trying to remove the cd from inside the guy broke or bend something inside so i coudnt fix it.
How much did it cost you to have it fixed/replaced? Just curious...
Old 07-07-2009 | 09:14 AM
Instructor

How much did it cost you to have it fixed/replaced? Just curious...
well i was luckey, i found one in a junk yard for 400 $ Nav + radio. but it usualy goes around for 1100 $ nav + radio. do you have a Nav ?

search in http://www.mypartshop.com/ and http://car-part.com/ maybe you could find one.
Old 07-18-2009 | 01:01 AM
04 6MT WDP w/ black Whls

Sorry about the super-late reply... yes I have NAVI, just need the stereo/CD changer replaced.
Old 07-28-2009 | 08:30 PM
Instructor

found a new one on ebay 250.00// mine jammed a month ago