Cassette adapter stuck, will not eject!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cassette adapter stuck, will not eject!

We have a cassette adapter in the bay and have been using it for the ipod. Today, the DISK/TAPE button when pressed will only play the disk and will not go to tape. I tried to eject the cassette adapter and it will not eject. I removed all CDs but the disk/tape button does not switch the unit to tape. I disconnected the battery for half a minute in an attempt to possibly reset it. Same problem. I do not know if half a minute is good enough as the radio did not prompt for the code. Any suggestions?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Instructor

I disconnected again the battery but longer this time. I required the CODE which I entered. Same problem! The cassette will not eject. What is weird is that the station memory is still there even if it required the CODE.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Instructor

Update. Finally got it out. I used a screwdriver to first lift it out but no go. I then try to wiggle it from the side then noticed the tape indicator flashed on the screen (non-navi). I did the same move then pressed eject until it ejected the tape. It looks like the sensor that detects that there is a tape in the unit is not making contact until it pressed the cassette sideways (towards the driver side).
Old 12-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to know.
Also, when you use the cassette adapter for your iPod, how is the sound clarity?

I'd like to invest in one but as of right now sticking with CDs.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dbqkqh
Good to know.
Also, when you use the cassette adapter for your iPod, how is the sound clarity?

Sound is OK. CDs will sound better. iPods are just convenient. Due to mp3 encoding, there is already loss of quality. Using cassette adapters is better than FM transmitters but not as good as direct audio connection. My 04 does not have an Aux input.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
This works.....used the tape for 5 years daily as iphone audio adapter. Died and would not eject....heard a clicking noise...even when the car was off. I mangled the tape adapter but finally after pulling it left for the 50th time it worked....the tape tried to eject and I had to pull it out, but it finally is out...and my battery will not die.

Installed iSimple FM modulator....sounds awesome. Screw the FM modulators...from this board and the shop all people have are problems.

THANKS AGAIN
Old 01-12-2018, 03:03 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for the info! I recently bought an '04 TL. First time I've had a cassette deck in a car since probably the 90's? I decided to pull out my old cassettes and put them into rotation. The first one got stuck. Used a screwdriver to push the cassette to the left while ejecting and it worked. Think I'll stick with CD's and other 21st century technology from now on.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts

good idea
Old 01-12-2018, 03:54 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by kirkosaurus
Thanks for the info! I recently bought an '04 TL. First time I've had a cassette deck in a car since probably the 90's? I decided to pull out my old cassettes and put them into rotation. The first one got stuck. Used a screwdriver to push the cassette to the left while ejecting and it worked. Think I'll stick with CD's and other .
21st century technology from now on.
Can you imagine Acura had them in these cars until 2008?
It took them that long to realize the rest of the world was going MP3.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dbqkqh
Good to know.

I recommend investing in a USA Spec BT45-HON3 bluetooth system, plug and play into your TL's stereo and allows for bluetooth audio streaming, can utilize stock Hands Free Link for calls, and even displays song titles on Nav screen. Bit pricier than a cassette adapter but well worth it in my opinion.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:47 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was having the same issues where I couldn't get the tape to eject. Spent way to much time with the screwdriver and was having no luck. Since I knew having the tape stuck in the cassette deck was draining my battery, cassette was constantly trying to eject? and I could hear a motor clicking I pulled the fuse for the radio so that it wouldn't drain my battery. When I went to drive again I plugged the fuse back in and the tape ejected. Not sure if this will work for everyone reading this thread but it did for me and is another option to try on top of the screwdriver method.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks.. pushing tape adapter to left worked. Saved me $100+ for a Used ebay radio and dead battery.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:10 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by techguy
Update. Finally got it out. I used a screwdriver to first lift it out but no go. I then try to wiggle it from the side then noticed the tape indicator flashed on the screen (non-navi). I did the same move then pressed eject until it ejected the tape. It looks like the sensor that detects that there is a tape in the unit is not making contact until it pressed the cassette sideways (towards the driver side).
THANK YOU!! My car battery was dying because of this, and all the wiggling and prying from the bottom didn't help, but a firm push towards the drivers side and it popped right out!