Bluetooth "skipping" / Static =(

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Bluetooth "skipping" / Static =(

So im a newbie on this site and this would be my first post so go easy on me lol.

I recently purchased my 04 TL back in June. From the day i got it the HFL sort of confused me, totally different then other cars we have (mercedes (c-class, cls, sl) and Jeeps)

Nevertheless I got my HTC eve hooked up and appeared to work fine, After 1 or 2 calls i noticed i had to manually click "bluetooth headset" in the phone screen options menu AFTER i had already placed a call and it was dialing, from there the call would play throughout my car.

I have had over 7 phones since then (sell them on the side) from HTC evo-iphone 4-3 different blackberrys, I'm still doing the same thing, manually clicking rout call to bluetooth when MAKING an out going call. Incoming calls seem fine by just pressing answer on the steering wheel. Just wondering if this is normal or is my HFL system going.

Another issue i have constantly is the sound is very staticy at times, or choppy, but again maybe thats just how this system is, other times its great.

My last and final problem is last night driving home i had my radio very low and herd a "skip skip" in my radio FM. Then got a call an hour later in the car picked up on HFL and again 5 minutes into the convo SKIP SKIP. Hasn't happened at all today just very nervous.

In my first post on this site, i mentioned i came from an A4 with nothing but problems and can seriously not go through that again, its physically and mentally draining.

Please help!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Instructor

also wanted to mention from time to time ill be on the phone using HFL and call will randomly route to headset, while "phone" is still on screen then go back to the HFL without touching anything.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
Making a call from the phone, or from the HFL? I know I had an issue with making calls from the phone and having it pick up on the HFL. I had to go into settings somewhere on the phone and tell it to route the audio to bluetooth when connected for outgoing calls.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same here...I've got an 06 TL (certified...if that helps) and just as you mentioned incoming calls can be answered on the steering wheel. Outgoing calls must be "toggled" to the car on the phone was calling out....IF calling out from the phonepad. Calling from the car system works fine.
And, similarly, I very occassionally have the call drop from the car bluetooth to the phone...maybe 5% of the time, but it does happen
Old 09-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Instructor

looked through about 5 different phones and theres really no option to route directly to bluetooth it should just do it when a headset is connected. automatically it connects to my bluetooth phone once cars started. I have never had the Booting up screen which i see can be quite an issue. hmm any suggestions on a master reset. If it helps I have filled up the entire phone data base, I've been deleting a phone here and there, but still have about 3 phones programmed.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,150 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally Posted by ISOSUNRISE6
I'm still doing the same thing, manually clicking rout call to bluetooth when MAKING an out going call. Incoming calls seem fine by just pressing answer on the steering wheel. Just wondering if this is normal or is my HFL system going.
Normal-- best to initiate calls using the HFL or to say, "redial" with the HFL to call the most recently called number.
Another issue i have constantly is the sound is very staticy at times, or choppy, but again maybe thats just how this system is, other times its great.

My last and final problem is last night driving home i had my radio very low and herd a "skip skip" in my radio FM. Then got a call an hour later in the car picked up on HFL and again 5 minutes into the convo SKIP SKIP. Hasn't happened at all today just very nervous.
Make sure your cell phone is well away from the HFL so that it won't create interference. My Motorolas will create interference if placed in the center stack compartments, but the HFL is perfect if the phones are in the cupholders, armrest compartment or door compartment.

Was your cell phone on a low battery when you heard the "skip" noises?
The other possibility is that your FM caught walkie-talkie or radio cross-talk.

Welcome to AZ.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Will Y.

Was your cell phone on a low battery when you heard the "skip" noises?
The other possibility is that your FM caught walkie-talkie or radio cross-talk.

Come to think of it.. I just got a nextel none bluetooth for sh*ts and giggles and have had it in my center compertment beneath my radio.....

Which is when i heard skipping. HMM could be a good reason for the skip..

Sometimes the HFL is great others times its not. Redial does come in handy.. quick question.. people say you can import contacts to the tl, does this work with out navi? i have a 04 no nav.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,150 Likes on 776 Posts
...people say you can import contacts to the tl, does this work with out navi? i have a 04 no nav.
I don't think importing contact numbers from phones other than Sony Ericssons ever worked prior to the '07 model TL.

IIRC, threads here mentioned that importing had to be done one contact at a time with non-Sony Ericssons, too-- which takes the same time as creating a call list with the HFL itself (which is what I did).
Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Instructor

UPDATE* I was driving the other day phone rang, person hung up and phone was stuck on radio screen. About 1 minute later radio and everything starts working but screen is frozen on "phone" Turned car on and off and was still doing it. restarted 1 more time finally went off and now i can't connect my bluetooth phone i think its shot.