Another Custom After Markert Stereo Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 05:38 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Custom After Markert Stereo Installation

Before I begin I want to THANK THE COMMUNITY for posting so many DIY's and answering questions that others have.

If you are a reader and is planning to do some thing, I request you to post what you have done and help others out there.

I have installed the following things to my car this summer, it took me a while to complete all these but I had time so no complaints.

Kenwood DNX570HD
Kenwood CMOS-300 Rearview Camera
Viper LED 2-Way Security + Remote Start System 5806v
DBALL 2 Interface
iDatalink Maestro SW ADS-MSW Universal Steering Wheel Integration Module
PASSIVE KEYLESS ENTRY (PKE) 2102T DIRECTED ELECTRONICS
Black Red Wired Revers Buzzer Alarm Siren for Truck Car
Open Bumper with Foot

Like many others said its lot of work to install after market stereo in this, so keep that in mind before you start the installation.

I liked the iDatalink lot better than the PAC SWI-RC, for some reason PAC didnt work for me, so I tried the IDatalink steering wheel interface so much easier to configure. No button programming, it was all done on the PC. Love it.

These threads were crazily helpful.

Used this to remove console and instll the stereo. Great write up CDGUY
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/2005-acura-tl-non-navi-aftermarket-double-din-install-w-pics-905787/

To prepare my wiring harness
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/radio-harness-diagram-812329/

--------------------

I have ordered two of these and then took some of the pins from the second one and have put them in 1 so I could plug into the stock radio harness.

HONDA SUZUKI CAR STEREO CD PLAYER WIRING HARNESS WIRE AFTERMARKET RADIO INSTALL
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=998715738014

I love the PKE, when I approach the car door will unlock and I start the car and go.

I thought of also doing the "open the trunk with foot" as I have the PKE working.

This is what I did, on one of the Aux Out of the Viper security system I have set a trigger(that pin is ground for 90 seconds) for 90 seconds after unlock, I took that and ran wires to the trunk and installed a weather proof switch under the bumper as you see in the picture. I have connected a relay to the trunk open switch near the driver seat to mimic the press of the trunk release button when the button under the bumper is pressed. It works really well.

Some of the things that got me.
Use RCA output if you are planning to not bypass the stock/factory amp, otherwise you get lot of noise from the speakers by amplifying the signal twice.

When removing back seats there are two bolts, one on each side below the head rest, the bolts are in opening that is in the front not on the top. I have spent 1 hour finding those bolts.

Poor grounding on the camera made me have an really bad quality image on the rear view camera.

Fabricating moons / half circles was painful and I couldnt make them prefect.

Also if you have not bought the kit prepare to see lot of space around the after market stereo.

Always disconnect the batter when working on the car, with out knowing I have grounded the power so many time I had to replace so many fuses.

Removing the center vent piece in the center console was a pain, pull up with pressure.

Keep in mind your trunk release button wont work if you have removed your glove box.

------------------------

Prashanth Vakati.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Cruisin'

Very nice and clean install i want to put an aftermarket deck in too but kinda iffy about loosing the steering wheel blue tooth control and not sure which harness to get.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:24 PM
2004 TL SSM w/NAVI

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
factory looks wayyyyy better but it is your car
Old 08-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Your still using the stock amp and speakers?
Old 08-12-2014, 04:58 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by pohljm
Your still using the stock amp and speakers?
Yes I am using the stock amp and speakers.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Intermediate

for the viper system do you have to get a bypass remote start module? i have the 03 acura tl
Old 08-29-2014, 11:14 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what harness did you buy can you send me a link please
Old 09-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Intermediate

I'm in the process of installing my aftermarket HU now. This is the harness that I purchased.

Metra 70-1721 Metra 70-1721

Right now everything is way too loud. Looks like I will need to bipass the factory amp.