Aftermarket Bluetooth option-'05 TL

Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Bluetooth option-'05 TL

new to acuzine. i recently removed the factory hfl module which caused battery drain. i have done some research into aftermarket products and came across isimple ISIM51. called the mfg and is supposed to work with my 05 tl w/ nav. bought the product and went to best buy for install. installer seemed clueless and hesitant. waited 2 hrs to have them come to me and say it didnt work. has anyone had any luck with this product.

thank you in advance
Old 09-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 152 Posts
I can't find anything from I Simple with model number ISIM51.

You sure that's the model #? Should've been ISIM571.

Have the harness with it? Is it the I Simple Gateway?

It should just plug into the back of your factory headunit where the XM connector is and then the XM connector plugs into the I Simple.

Should have the PGHHD1 harness from I simple.

Not sure how they did the isimple harness, I have the PIE X3 in my car for my N7 integration. I have to switch to XM in order to use the aux input I added with the X3. If you have the right parts, installer probably was clueless.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 AM
7th Gear

Enlarge
iSimple - Connect Factory Radio Interface Installation Kit for Select 2003-2012 Toyota and Honda Vehicles - Black

Add to Cart
$279.99

Free Shipping

Add to Wish Lists

Product Availability

Shipping: Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 business day
Estimate Arrival Time

Store Pickup:
Check Stores
Learn about Store Pickup

Package Deal

See (1) Package Deal That Includes This Item

Special Offers

See (2) Special Offers

Cardholder Offers

See (2) Financing Offers

What's Included

• iSimple Connect factory radio interface
  • Vehicle-specific harness
  • Hands-free microphone
  • In-dash USB outlet
  • Owner's manual

Specifications

• Warranty Terms - Parts: 1 year
  • UPC: 609098811460

This iSimple Connect ISIM51 installation kit allows wired or wireless connectivity of select mobile devices to your 2003-2012 Toyota or Honda vehicle's factory radio, so you can play audio or enjoy hands-free calling.
Product Features

Compatible with select 2003-2012 Toyota and Honda import vehicles

For a customized fit.

Lets you connect and control select mobile devices

Via your vehicle's factory radio interface, including Apple® iPod®, iPhone® and iPad® and select Android devices and mobile phones for wide-ranging use.

Bluetooth technology

Enables wireless connectivity, so you can enjoy hands-free calling and audio streaming through your vehicle's factory radio. Wireless device control utilizes AVRCP (audio/video control profile).

USB port

Delivers 2.1 amps of power to effectively charge compatible mobile phones, tablets and media players, so you can keep your devices powered and ready for use.

3.5mm auxiliary audio input

Allows a simple wired connection to compatible devices.

Apple, the Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPod is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.

iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 AM
7th Gear

from what i understand in another users post is that the "ISIM571" is the older model.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts
This works, and is what I have

Amazon.com: iSimple ISHD571 Gateway Automotive Audio Input Interface Kit for Select 2004-11 Honda and Acura: Car Electronics Amazon.com: iSimple ISHD571 Gateway Automotive Audio Input Interface Kit for Select 2004-11 Honda and Acura: Car Electronics

Cheap (compared to what you posted), fast shipping, and reliable retailer. I saw you stumbled upon my thread too, which mentions adding bluetooth capability to this unit wit the addition of a 10$ dongle. Ill update it when I get it running.
The following users liked this post:
jdgolf (09-15-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 AM
7th Gear

the isim51 drew me in because of the bluetooth capabilities especially. hope the dongle method works. i contacted another bestbuy about trying the install on the isim51 again and spoke with a what sounded like a more knowledgeable installer. he said i had a 50/50 shot. after talking to isimples tech support i felt pretty confident this product would work if they said it would... once again assuming they verify this prior to labeling their product
Old 09-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
would you lose access to satelite radio using the Isimple?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:42 AM
7th Gear

i believe so... i would much rather have the option of streaming pandora or iheartradio then using xm. one of the many benefits that this product offers.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 152 Posts
Just fyi, if the factory XM radio is disconnected you won't be able to use the XM button on the radio at all, it won't switch to it.

I tried, was going to delete and sell my XM radio since I have the N7 in the console with the PIE X3 tied to the XM input.

Had to reconnect it so I could go to XM mode and use the aux input the PIE X3 added.

I don't know if the isimple found a way around this, but normally the isimple harness would plug into the back of your factory headunit then you would plug the XM cable into the isimple harness.

It looks like its designed that way, those white connectors look like the XM connectors and there is a male and female one, one for the HU and one for the factory XM connector.

I'm guessing the black connector goes into the iSimple.

Do you have to wire power into the iSimple from somewhere?

The red wire looks like maybe your power connection? The accessory port for the factory cubbies is the closest switched power to that area. I wired my PIE X3 into that for power.

Power there is on when the ignition is in the ACC or ON position. Check them with a DMM, as I think one wire is black and the other is white, so not very straightforward as far as which is power and which is ground unless you check the SM. I just used a DMM, can't remember which is which.

I think the iSimple has some jumper options too, I know other members here have had issues with it and I was reading a little about it.

Other than that I really can't help, don't have one myself.

If you plan to install yourself I'd recommend disconnecting the battery before beginning since you'll be disconnecting a lot of connectors. Or after you check the power wires, before disconnecting the headunit and stuff.

Last edited by mzilvar; 09-17-2013 at 02:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jdgolf (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
7th Gear

thanks for the info... ill hopefully have better luck second time through @ Bestbuy