2006 Acura Tl Navi system problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Acura Tl Navi system problems

Hi, I replaced my navi screen and radio with a used radio including the screen. My intention was to replace the navi with a Garmin for navigation purposes. I can't seem to set it up properly. There is one connector left over for the screen and there is no connector but one slot left open on the right side of the radio. Is it possible to configure this setup. Maybe I should have bit the bullet and ordered a used replacement for the Navi system. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
navigation unit

I have a 2006 TL. In the past, I have been getting a disc error on my navigation screen and it would be rebooting several times until the system works. Then the system would be fine for several months and then it would do this again off an on. Then lately I was getting a disc error and this would stay on all the time. That lasted for about a week. All the while during that week I was able to pop the disc out to check for scratches and clean the disc. Now...the system seems to load up when I start the car and once I get to the disclaimer screen, the "OK" button does not appear, and now I can not pop the disc out of the navigation unit when I press the eject button. The eject button used to light up but now it does not. I do have the car on when I do this. I am wondering if there is power getting to the unit itself or did it finally die.
Any ideas? Thanks
Old 09-27-2016, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,691 Likes on 6,705 Posts
its probably dead
Old 09-27-2016, 04:21 PM
iWhine

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mctimm
Hi, I replaced my navi screen and radio with a used radio including the screen. My intention was to replace the navi with a Garmin for navigation purposes. I can't seem to set it up properly. There is one connector left over for the screen and there is no connector but one slot left open on the right side of the radio. Is it possible to configure this setup. Maybe I should have bit the bullet and ordered a used replacement for the Navi system. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Pics might help. What year TL is the replacement screen and radio from?

Originally Posted by cad2335
I have a 2006 TL. In the past, I have been getting a disc error on my navigation screen and it would be rebooting several times until the system works. Then the system would be fine for several months and then it would do this again off an on. Then lately I was getting a disc error and this would stay on all the time. That lasted for about a week. All the while during that week I was able to pop the disc out to check for scratches and clean the disc. Now...the system seems to load up when I start the car and once I get to the disclaimer screen, the "OK" button does not appear, and now I can not pop the disc out of the navigation unit when I press the eject button. The eject button used to light up but now it does not. I do have the car on when I do this. I am wondering if there is power getting to the unit itself or did it finally die.
Any ideas? Thanks
If it isn't dead, it may be dying. I had somewhat of a similar problem and this seems to be common around the 10yr mark of navi use. There is a place you can send it for repair but it costs around $380+ not including shipping to and from. I actually had this done to mine about a year or two ago when I had problems but have upgraded to type s. I still have the refreshed unit and works perfect if interested in a significantly cheaper alternative to sending yours in for work.